Milestones - 365 Days (1 year)

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
st3v3n
(@st3v3n)
Topic starter

The road to 1000 days:

1 Day,Β 7 Days (1 Week),Β 10 Days,Β 31 Days (1 month),Β 92 Days (3 months),Β 100 Days,

183 Days (6 months),Β 250 Days, 365 Days (1 year), 500 Days, 548 Days (18 months), 730 Days (2 Years), 750 days, 913 Days (2 1/2 Years), 1000 Days.

In the road to 2000 I'll record the same milestones again:Β  I'm targeting 10,000 days and beyond.

Key:Β Bold writing - completed milestones.

Β  Β  Β  Β Β Bold and underlined writingΒ - current milestone at time of posting

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Normal writing - future milestones.

My aim: Appreciate the monies I have and fulfil more of my potential without gambling.

This topic was modified 3 years ago by st3v3n

Posted : 1st August 2021 8:17 pm
(@jess27)

Hi st3v3n,Β 

1 year! What a brilliant achievement!Β  Well done. Keep going.

J

Β 

Posted : 2nd August 2021 8:25 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi st3v3n

Well done on reaching a year gamble-free! It would be great to hear how life has changed for you in that time. How do you feel, a year on?

Also, we can see that you have started a new topic each time you update your milestones. In the diaries section we find it's best to have one thread so you can see your progress all in one place. We can merge all those topics together if you like. We'll email you about this.

Best wishes and keep posting πŸ™‚

Deirdre
Forum Admin

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Forum admin

Posted : 2nd August 2021 10:38 am
st3v3n
(@st3v3n)
Topic starter

Thanks Deirdre, I've basically been back to normal the day I managed to stop gambling, by normal I mean free of time wasting, free of the constant worry of losing hundreds of pounds a day, free of feeling bad about myself and free of the unknown of how much damage I would do by the time I finally stopped. At no time in my life have I ever passed responsibility on to anyone else for my actions, I mean for everything in life and not just gambling. This attitude/mindset have helped me in my recoveries.Β 

Since last I gambled I've married and have got fitter as well as worked hard in my career and done well by my family so I can sleep at night. Going forward I know I must touch base on gamcare semi regularly even when I'm years in the 'clear'. This has worked well for me so far.

Thanks again and ps just reading your email to reply now.

Posted : 2nd August 2021 11:30 am
(@bladesman)

Hi St3v3n, well done on reaching the year mark. It's good to have goals and when I passed the year it seemed to be the catalist to move on as it was something we all aim for. Days now seem to pass so quickly without a thought of gambling. keep up the good work

Posted : 3rd August 2021 5:14 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations St3v3n on one year gamble-free.

A wonderful achievement.

Aum ?

Posted : 3rd August 2021 6:50 pm
st3v3n
(@st3v3n)
Topic starter

Great to hear Bladesman, I'm pleased for you πŸ™‚

Posted : 8th September 2021 11:04 pm
(@littlec78)

Well done i just st done a cooling off my self to night Β I ask the lady to ring me on live chat she help me to nightΒ 

Posted : 9th September 2021 12:06 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close