Merry Christmas and Happy 2018 support thread

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
paulds
(@paulds)
Topic starter

Back when I started my diary in 2012 I was overwhelmed by the support from this site and I set up a similar thread to this for all of us to leave a message of support for everyone on this site.

Others have also done so in the past so I thought we should have another festive thread to wish everyone a wonderful Chirstmas and Happy New Year. I know that other festive messages are flying around the diaries but just thought I would create a one off thread for everyone to wish each other happiness. I would also like to say a huge Merry Christmas to the Gamcare staff who do a marvellous job.

I know that some of us are on day zero, some struggling, many dealing with gambling and non-gambling related issues. But here on Gamcare we can receive the support, guidance and virtual 'arm around the shoulder/hug' that we sometimes need from other diarists.

The diarists on this site have led me to believe for the first time in my life that I can live gamble free, that there are many people out there who are willing to help and have gone through similar problems and come out the other side.

Whether we are in Day 0 or day 1000 we all need support, recovery is bespoke and we all have different ways of coping. But you wonderful people have in some ways renewed my faith in humanity and I would like to wish you all the very best for this festive period lets make 2018 OUR year!

Posted : 19th December 2017 12:18 pm
(@adam123)

Hi paulds great idea, I would like to wish everyone a happy festive period and a successful happy 2018 lots of love Adam x

​

Posted : 19th December 2017 2:58 pm
(@Anonymous)

I'm with you Paulds, couldn't have put it any better. All the very best to all of you and a very merry Christmas. Here's to a gf new year x

Posted : 19th December 2017 6:10 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hear hear!

HAPPY GAMBLE FREE CHRISMAS fellow travellers!

Posted : 19th December 2017 9:31 pm
The fun has stopped
(@fun-has-stopped)

Merry Christmas everyone, wish you all a happy gamble free 2018!

Posted : 19th December 2017 10:25 pm
(@Anonymous)

A happy chrimbo and wonderful new year to all on this forum. May 2018 gift you with the strength to find all that you seek x

Posted : 22nd December 2017 2:05 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi Paul!

Thanks for creating this thread!

WOW!!! Very Merry Christmas everyone...from fellow compulsive gamblers to family and friends and to the staff of GC!
May peace and warmth in the heart stays with you for the upcoming 2018...

I would like to leave a song also...the ones who drives to see their loved ones this Christmas..please stay safe on the road, ..and most importantly enjoy the festive spirit which most definitely hang in the air now!

Much love & Peace!

https://youtu.be/bnvHbBK9J_8

S&B xx

Posted : 22nd December 2017 4:28 pm
judy
 judy
(@judy)

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year to all! Thank you!!!!

Posted : 22nd December 2017 8:42 pm
changemylife
(@changemylife)

Let's all be happy, safe and secure. Merry Christmas everyone.

Posted : 23rd December 2017 9:03 am
paulds
(@paulds)
Topic starter

Happy New Year everyone.

We all have our own story but let's make 2018 our year.

Posted : 1st January 2018 1:37 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Happy New Year to everyone in GamCare. The compulsive gamblers, friends, families and the wonderful people in admin who keep things moving along.

We are all sick to the teeth with the misery of compulsive gambling. We can overcome the urges if we put our mind to it. Just imagine a full calender year without gambling. We can do it one day at a time.

Posted : 1st January 2018 3:03 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close