Lost £1450 today! Tomorrow I start my GF Diary

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@timeforchange22)
Topic starter

Here goes guys, I lost every penny today. I hate hate hate gambling but always continue to do it. The worst thing that ever happened imho was the £2 maximum stake on the fobt machines! I lose more money quicker than ever. Today I played ultra spins and after £404 had not even left the base game as the 3 symbols never once came in! I then through stress, anxiety, anger and frustration lost every single penny totalling £1450 in under 2 hours. I’ve tried everything else. Tomorrow is day one and I’ll update you weekly on my progress. Much love to all, Barry xxx 

Posted : 13th August 2022 9:50 pm
(@bettyfretty)

Tomorrow is another day, wipe the slate clean and start fresh, I hope it goes well for you

Posted : 13th August 2022 11:03 pm
(@ktl13)

Hi Barry,

Today was day one for me after hitting rock bottom yesterday. We can do this, this horrible addiction won’t win.

Stay strong and tomorrow is the start of being GF 

Posted : 13th August 2022 11:06 pm
(@bettyfretty)

I'm s beginner in my journey and the only thing I've found helping so far is (if using online sites) limit the devices you have access to and instal blockers that allow random pin sets or friend alerts if you relapse, personally on my laptop I use gamban but on my mobile use ggg, u any for it but as I said you can set a random pin and ggg are very strict on sites and won't give you the pin unless you can jump through hoops to prove its needed 

Posted : 13th August 2022 11:08 pm
(@givemethebuzz)

I don't frequent bookies often anymore but i have a mate who is in there virtually everyday i often ask about the FOBT as it was one of my vices a long time ago 

He vists a lot of shops and tells me 8/10 the FOBT will be completely empty these days which would indicate to me the appeal for them has died out and they probably don't have long left before they are replaced with something else 

Back in their hayday there would be ques for them !!

I will admit i am perplexed as to how you have managed to lose so much money given the staking limits i also thought deposit limits were in place too but obviously not

FOBTs are second to online online gambling in addictiveness although by the sounds of it now they are just primarily glorified slot machines

Posted : 15th August 2022 9:55 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close