Last Chance.

35 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

LPLSTOP wrote:

[quote=Marypoppins]

I don’t gamble lots of money but enough to irritate me, I have gamban on my electronics as I was doing the slots online, it works brilliant. Might look at Monzo. I have to stop going in th slot machine shops now.

Hello,

You're in a good position to stop before it's too late then, almost like me. Yes monzo does seem good. Download it on your phone and check out it's features. Even if you don't want to use it after. Worth a shot. I also am still in danger of walking into the shops.. Only we can really stop ourselves from doing this. But if your money is locked in Monzo, then we will win! Best of luck! Keep fighting.

Posted : 18th January 2019 7:27 pm
(@Anonymous)

I’ve joined MONZO and locked the pot till may

Posted : 18th January 2019 7:28 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Marypoppins wrote:

That's great! Find the option to block gambling transactions too!

Posted : 20th January 2019 3:54 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Cfccharlie1989 wrote:

My name is Charlie and have a really bad problem with gambling that’s been on and off for 10 years. But just before Xmas I started again as I needed money due to the fact I couldn’t work as I had surgery on my knee which stopped me from working and also my hobbies like golf etc so I started to be come bored so I go to the bookies. And I don’t no why cause I know it’s a bad thing to do but I just couldn’t help myself cause I was so bored of seating indoors looking at 4 walls. And my gambling problem is back and worse than ever and I’m hurting the people close to me. I just hope this is my last chance to sort my self out as I have nothing apart from my family now and I’m lucky to have that after what gambling has done

Were all in this together my friend. Just take it one day at a time. We can all beat this.

Posted : 20th January 2019 3:55 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 6 - Sunday's are a terrible day of the week. Work tomorrow! But lots to look forward to. I get paid on Friday and I'm going out on the weekend with a few friends, then the dreaded driving test the following week. Lots ahead of me. Gambling will not get in the way. I still haven't picked up a book haha! But I ALSO haven't picked the gambling back up! Bring on next week.

Posted : 20th January 2019 3:57 pm
(@Anonymous)

I have gamban on my phone and iPad for about 8 month.

Marypoppins wrote:

That's great! Find the option to block gambling transactions too!

Posted : 20th January 2019 4:03 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 7 - I’m finding it hard to stop thinking about money. I always seem to have something to worry about. Payday Friday, a bit of a weight off my shoulders when that arrives. But until then.. I’ll keep plodding along.

Posted : 21st January 2019 11:17 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 8 - Boring day.. Still thinking about finances of course. It always tends to be like this, the closer to payday that it gets. I can't wait for the time in which I'm not living payday to payday. That is what is motivating me at the minute. Paid Friday then a busy weekend of going out! Going to be careful and watch how much I spend though, can't go too crazy. Looking forward to it.

Posted : 22nd January 2019 12:52 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 9 - Edging closer to double digits and it feels pretty good. I've not done much in the past few days, just working, sleeping, eating.. Payday is 2 days away. Thank god. Hope everybody is doing ok!

Posted : 23rd January 2019 10:38 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Relapse - I was 1 day off of double figures and I screwed it up. I gambled and won a tiny bit of money. But I would feel guilty continuing my days as if nothing happened. I'm being honest to myself and restarting my days. So, how did I gamble? A family memeber asked me to put a bet on for him, as he doesn't know how to do it online. I did it for him. Ended up depositing an extra £10 and playing with it. My 9 days of hard work thrown away by a stupid tenner. How will I fix this in the future? Next time I'm asked I'm not going to do it. Or just show him how to do it himself, although I hate the thought of showing someone how to gamble when I'm trying to stop (and they don't know I have a problem).

At least it's not a financial loss. I think I'm struggling a little bit emotionally. Gambling was my escape. Now I haven't been doing it so much I feel a part of me is missing. Sounds so ridiculous. We go again.

Day 1 - I get paid at midnight today, so my first day gamble free going to be payday. A good place to start. My pay is getting split between, holiday savings, my loan, other bills and then I'm putting a bit in my savings. And keeping some for driving expenses. I'm lucky I can still do this. Each day as it comes. Hope everyone is doing good.

Posted : 24th January 2019 10:19 am
(@Anonymous)

Don’t beat yourself up about it too much, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again x x think of the sea and sun x

Posted : 24th January 2019 3:16 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 2 - Payday. Relief. Watching the football tonight with a few drinks and got a busy weekend in store. Catch up with you all soon.

Posted : 25th January 2019 1:25 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

I've not been on here for a few days due to just being busy, but I have some good news! I passed my driving test! My pink license comes in about 3 weeks and I can't be happier. No more spending money on lessons or tests. I'm not going to worry too much about getting a little car yet but I may look into going onto my parents insurance as a named driver as this is much cheaper. This is a big weight off of my shoulders.

As for gambling, I'm afraid I have had a bet in this time. Not a lot, but the amount doesn't matter. I also can't remember how many days ago it was, maybe 2 or 3. But I'm going to start back to day 1.. I don't think I'll update everyday but I'll try to. I still need a gamble block on my phone. But GamStop doesn't work with vodaphone still... February is going to be a tougher month for me personally. Going to have a few quiet weekends in. Hope everyone is doing well.

Posted : 30th January 2019 11:26 am
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)

LPLSTOP wrote:

I've not been on here for a few days due to just being busy, but I have some good news! I passed my driving test! My pink license comes in about 3 weeks and I can't be happier. No more spending money on lessons or tests. I'm not going to worry too much about getting a little car yet but I may look into going onto my parents insurance as a named driver as this is much cheaper. This is a big weight off of my shoulders.

As for gambling, I'm afraid I have had a bet in this time. Not a lot, but the amount doesn't matter. I also can't remember how many days ago it was, maybe 2 or 3. But I'm going to start back to day 1.. I don't think I'll update everyday but I'll try to. I still need a gamble block on my phone. But GamStop doesn't work with vodaphone still... February is going to be a tougher month for me personally. Going to have a few quiet weekends in. Hope everyone is doing well.

Gamstop is a national database for online self exclusion. It wouldn’t matter whether you’re trying to sign into a betting site on Vodaphone, O2 or via a PC/Laptop. It’s not an app or software that you install.

Posted : 30th January 2019 4:36 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

DeterminedDan wrote:

[quote=LPLSTOP]

Gamstop is a national database for online self exclusion. It wouldn’t matter whether you’re trying to sign into a betting site on Vodaphone, O2 or via a PC/Laptop. It’s not an app or software that you install.

Hello,

Sorry - I've got confused. I have signed with GamStop. I mean't GamBlock. I cannot get this on my mobile as it doesn't work with Vodaphone.

Posted : 30th January 2019 4:38 pm
Page 2 / 3

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close