6,239 Posts
245 Users
1 Likes
419.9 K Views
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Thanks Dave and yes its good to achieve healthy things.

Am back running again after 4 days of having to stop due to painful ankle. It is thankfully fixing itself quite quickly with just a bit of rest... all due to running too many miles to soon me thinks. 

Went out this morning for a tentative run and ended up doing 8.5 miles at a tiny bit over 10 minute miles, which ain't bad for an old f**t like myself 😉

Had a text from work. Can I return the door pass I used the day before. Apparently there is one missing and it was mine that i'd signed out. Am sure I returned it but apparently not. I haven't got it, ive looked. Am sure my name is now mud. Its kind of ruined my day off really, cos now am thinking about it and how it went missing and where it might be. It might be nothing to do with me at all but either way I will have to carry the can as I signed it out. Frustrating.

Anyway am basically ok.

Thanks for listening

Posted : 13th May 2022 2:23 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hey, don't let work ruin your day off! As it happens, things like that magically re-appear and few apologies follows from original  accusations. 

Glad you're back on the running path. Even if I "rejoined" gym, I don't feel satisfaction  from it. Its always almost a set hour and I'm outta door and I do spend time clock watching  probably  40mins in...so yup, passion has gone in a way. And just maybe I am no longer obsessed with it and found other ways to rest/distress...like gardening.. I love my outdoor space. Making it look nicer...slow and steady lol..

Ordered two palms for the garden patio! Should look nice as it's lovely setting, with wide steps leading into the garden. Almost a Palace ? cannot bekieve I just said that lol..im deffo not a royal but guess it explains  that if you love and care about even small setting, it becomes your own loved castle. Nice thought huh ?.

Now thinking  solar lights tos hine the way in my castle...lol..I shall stop now.. 

Be good to you and ignore me ranting on your page ...again ?

Lil girl sends woofs and I shall send best wished and positive  energy  ❤

Xx

Posted : 14th May 2022 12:55 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Thanks SB... x

Well work is ruining my day again. Did the early shift yesterday, then by early evening am being plagued by texts and calls.. can I do the night? Wanting to show some flexibility I agreed to do the waking night. This morning I get home go to sleep, wake up, put phone on.. can I do the night tonight? I've just ignored it.

Like it says on the news. Nobody wants to work in social care. It doesn't pay and lets face facts, people just don't want to do the job. I mean in some respects I quite enjoy the job but being able to pick up shifts on my terms just isn't working. The more i agree to stuff the more I get asked. I like it when I go in look at the rota, pick up some shifts and then that's it.. but it never works out like that... things constantly changing at short notice.

I don't know how I use to cope in my twenties and thirties when i worked silly hours all over the shop. Cos nowadays mentally I can't cope with it, even if physically i can and yet I feel guilty for not doing it. Am now being texted that they only now need a 4-10, assuming that am gonna immediately put on some clothes and rush down to work, cos hey I only live around the corner and what reason could i possibly have for not going in??

The brutal fact is... I can't be bothered. Am tired. I just want to lie around in my dressing gown and eat comfort food and yet at the same time I feel guilty. The whole work scenario just does my head in. Its more stressful trying to decide whether to do the shift than actually doing the shift. Am sure management gets frustrated with me nowadays, cos its easy to read me. They just want to cover the rota and that's what matters. I get it. I want some work but not too much.. but it never quite works out right.. or just occasionally.

The fact that am writing so much means that my head is completely scrambled. I uploaded my garmin data and it told me that am just as run down as i was when i went to bed last night... but of course i didn't go to bed lol. The info it gives about the state of my mind body and soul is really quite interesting.

Anyway ramble over. No gambling

Posted : 15th May 2022 3:02 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Morning world,

I don't know why I got in such a state about work yesterday. Its all resolved and history. I seem to have quite strong reactions to things sometimes.

I decided to go for a long run this morning with mixed results. I didn't appreciate how muggy it was out there today. By mile six I was absolutely drowning in sweat and then I got bad stomach cramps cos i needed the loo. I slowed to a crawl and stopped at 9 miles, cos I realised it was doing me no good to continue. Walked the rest of the way home and sat on the loo for ages lol One crumb of comfort...I had smeared various parts in vaseline and to my slight surprise, no sore/stingy bits at all... so that's good.

No gambling problems. Feeling good today.

Thanks for listening

Posted : 16th May 2022 12:32 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

It is very revealing saying you have strong reactions to things sometimes.

I hope that you enjoyed your long run. Very healthy getting out.

You realised it was not healthy continue, good for you listening to your own body

You sat on the loo for ages what no magazine.

Good for you no gambling problems.

You are Feeling good today, yes that is extra.

Thanks for sharing your self.

Love and peace to every one

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

This post was modified 2 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 19th May 2022 6:45 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Am getting really obsessed with my garmin watch and all the statistics.

I have an average resting heart rate of 42 beats per minute and I average 22201 steps every day. That's pretty d**n good isn't it... I think?!

What's also interesting is how drained I am after a work shift. My body battery (as it calls it) is currently 17/100 and unsurprisingly it says I must rest. No s**t sherlock lol

Time for swim and sauna.

Thanks for listening

Posted : 23rd May 2022 5:07 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

For me my addictions and obsessions were both unhealthy for me.

My life today is about healthy balances in every thing I do.

I use to escape to my computer for hours not interacting with people ormy famly.

Time for swim and sauna, mm is that an invitation.. LOL.

After today that sounds ideal for me.

People have asked me to slow down doing the work I am doing.

In the old days if some one asked to do work for me I would ahev jumped at that thinking I was getting some thing for nothing.

I was also a person who tried to et all thing as cheap as possible.

Even if I Had the money to buy it.

The advertising people will try to get us to think we need some thing we do not want.

Or get us to think we want some thing we do not need.

So on decision making I ask myself si this a need or a want thing.

Will I make good use of it.

I have always been a person who uses lots of tools.

There was a person who had a washing machine that stopped working.

He was taking it to peieces I asked him if he was worried if he ruined it completely.

He smiled and laughed and said it does not work and is useless I can not make it any worse.

So I understood that I lived in fear of making things much worse.

If I do nto gamble it is unlikely I will make my wife worse today.

Thanks for your sharing.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Posted : 24th May 2022 2:04 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Thanks for your thoughts and wisdom Dave 

Just back from another long run. A run that should never have been if I had my sensible hat on. I am carrying a heel injury. Its painful especially first thing in the morning when i get out of bed. I was hobbling around telling myself not to go for a run. But then I said to myself sod it am going anyway, knowing that chances are that after a mile or so the pain would ease off... which it did. I ended up doing 11 miles at a slow pace, a deliberately slow pace (my only concession to injury)... and the run became very enjoyable indeed. I note that I was running well within my aerobic capacity, heart rate not too high etc.

This is kind of a new experience for me. Cos normally I set out too fast and then gradually slow and then the last mile is usually the slowest unless am running down hill or its a proper race and ya push yourself to the point of collapse. However on this occasion I could have kept going and maybe even have speeded up a bit. Second half faster than the first half. Much food for thought in terms of training and what works.

Anyway sorry to ramble on about running. Its my thing at the moment. better than gambling.

Thanks for listening

Posted : 27th May 2022 11:38 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Positive things.

I ran 11 miles today.

I haven't bought any sugar for a month.

I now weigh under 15 stone for first time in several years.

I am alive.

Thanks for listening

Posted : 27th May 2022 12:58 pm
(@freda)

Lovely to read your positive things. I very much relate to the running stuff. I'm on a smaller, 5k scale but I get panicky in the last few minutes and usually end up having to walk most of it. I'm trying to get under 40 minutes but if I was also taking it steadier, I'd probably have done it by now, lol.

Posted : 27th May 2022 2:38 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Procrastination was one unhealthy habit to over come.

Yet once we over come our fears being panicky and our lack of confidence we wonder why it took so long.

Yet with each healthy habit comes confidence and our fears reduce.

To walk or run it is still a healthy habit.

Sitting in doors doing nothing was not healthy for me.

Keep up the good work.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham UK

Posted : 27th May 2022 3:00 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Thanks for your thoughts.

Having a heel injury we should be more caring towards our self and build up slowly.

Why cause further pain in our self.

I enjoy swimming which is a healthy thing for me.

When I say to myself who cares any way, that was a very unhealthy reaction for me.

Recovery is a more caring realtionship with myself.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham UK

Posted : 27th May 2022 4:07 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Thanks for your thoughts Dave. I think about the things that you say.

A very enjoyable run this morning. I feel myself starting to get fitter and I am very slowly starting to lose some weight.

Am not working until the weekend. I need some time to myself. I realise with hindsight that i had become a bit paranoid about work issues, thinking that my boss was taking advantage of my good nature.. but have come to realise that that wasn't especially the case... just some miscommunication. I get like this sometimes when am over tired and burnt out. Anyway I live and learn or not...

No gambling

Thanks for listening

Posted : 30th May 2022 4:28 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Shaing our thoughts and experiences helps every one in the long run.

By openeing up I Became less of a loner and better connected with other like minded people.

Some people have said an enjoyable run the morning is relaxing emotionally and gets people rady for teh day, some even say ti is like a meditation.

Recovery is nto about who is right or worng but more about what is healthy or unhealthy.

If you want to get fitter that is extra.

To lose some weight would suit me to..

You become a bit paranoid about work issues, has that always been the case.

I had issues with work, I found for me it was I felt like I was being controlled.

The ideal situation is to not think of having to do things but wanting to do them.

Sadly I often seaked approval eyt some one did compliment me I coudl not accept, a no win situation.

I understand that love is giving of your self unconditionally with out no expectations what so ever.

In time I did things because I wanted to.

Some people have compliment me on being so polite.

In the old days I was polite to try and get the best I could from every one.

I am polite because I enjoy healthy interactions with all people healthy or not.

When I meet aggression with aggression it simply makes things much worse.

You say you get over tired and burnt out is work an obsession.

Do you do your best for your self.

I live to learn and listen, and not always able to get the message intended fro me.…

Just for today only, No gambling, the very last thing I want or need to do today.

With our shares we understadn more about how much I can do or achieve in my life today.

No one limits me, I limit myself.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham UK

Posted : 30th May 2022 5:19 pm
(@rouletteregret)

SA,

Looks like your doing well, getting plenty of exercise and reaping the benefits.

Don’t get too stressed about work. Work can be rubbish sometimes but remember that tomorrow is another day with another set of challenges. Often work can test us to the max but life is to be lived. Keep up the running and get that work stress out of your system. As I say, your life appears better than what it was last year. Positive strides and all that.

RR

Posted : 31st May 2022 8:04 pm
Page 414 / 416

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close