Hope

6,239 Posts
245 Users
1 Likes
420 K Views
(@rouletteregret)

Good Morning SA,

I was wondering have you entered any races this year? I recall you had a half marathon in the pipeline.

I sympathise with all the poor souls who trained through the winter for London Marathon only to see it cancelled. Terrible shame.

I need to have a plan for my running. I tend to do the same runs at the same distance at the same speed. I think its time to follow a proper plan, set a few goals and maybe look to enter a marathon in September/October time.

I hope your hot water gets fixed. That is ridiculous.

Stay safe buddy.

RR

Posted : 22nd March 2020 9:44 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hey, how are you?

Drop me a line when able/ want to....ya know where i am..

Hugs and stay safe

S&B xx

Posted : 22nd March 2020 9:53 am
(@boo-radley)

Stay safe sb.. Bella boo xxx

Boo x?

Posted : 22nd March 2020 3:01 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Hi.. am Ok.. Well I guess my status has just been elevated from "supposedly" unskilled social care worker to somebody whom society now values helping to keep elderly vulnerable people alive... its gonna get tough though. Am knackered today. I did a 10 hour shift sunday and then had to walk for 1.5 hours to get home cos no bus and then up at 4.30 a.m yesterday to do a 15 hour shift and but then amazingly managed to get a bus home!

Personally I think that corona virus is a man made virus but I don't think that the likes of Boris and many other world leaders were in on it. Its just something that's been forced upon nations of the world by psychopathic elites that really run the world. Never forget the evil of 911 folks and all the lies we were told then by these same elites.  Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like, but think it through, think about what the aims of creating a global pandemic might be... population reduction?? Smaller and more easily controlled and monitored populations?? Dealing with global warming perhaps?? Who benefits??

Back to my life. I may have hot water again today if the council shows up. I also am getting to the point of needing some more food supplies. I will have have to venture out into this brave new world. At what point will we have young men with guns demanding to see our ID ??

Gambling now seems like such a non-issue... life is now just about getting through each day without going a bit stir crazy. Elderly people whom already have mental deterioration are already struggling to cope with the complete loss of there usual habits and routines, just sitting in isolation not really understanding what the hell is going on. And then you have people with learning disabilities whom have no idea what is going on, challenging behaviour will be increasing. The virus may kill quite a lot of people but the hidden death toll will be much higher.

On that cheery note... have a good day folks.

Posted : 24th March 2020 8:49 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Morning world,

Iv'e quickly glanced at the BBC website and come to the conclusion that things for me personally are gonna be ok. Its a crisis we are in but its not the end of the world as we know it. I kind of think that as long the food shops stay open and that I still have a job that am able to physically go to then I will be ok. I also think that once this crisis starts to die down the economy will bounce back very quickly and those people that have lost there jobs will be back in employment again sooner rather than later. My struggle remains with gambling addiction.

Thanks for listening

Posted : 25th March 2020 7:43 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Morning world,

Well I have to venture out, am at work today. I can't hoist people in or out of bed or administer controlled drugs through a web cam. I can't quite decide whether to walk to work or try and catch a bus. I think walk as the weather is so nice and of course its easier to social distance when walking. I will wear my ID so I don't get stares from dog walkers thinking that I am doing a non-essential out and about. I feeling quite paranoid today. Mental health not so good.

Am also worried about survival to payday (assuming I get there), I have very little money and feeling insecure about food even though people's panick buying (not from me I might add!) seems to have eased off for now. I binged on food yesterday even though I know I need to ration it. The self-destructive part of me is still alive and kicking unfortunately.

I think the measures that the government has put in place are about right. I think that if they tighten things even more then I will struggle a great deal. It makes me think what it must be like to be in prison, especially those that are locked in a cell for 23 hours a day.

One more thing, I do think that I will get covid 19 at some point. I work in a large project, 200 flats and it only takes one care worker, one district nurse, one relative or volunteer delivering food to be infected for an outbreak to happen. I still go from flat to flat, from one vulnerable person to the next, washing hands and wearing gloves but nothing more. It seems as if testing for care workers is still some way off and by then it might be too late.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Posted : 26th March 2020 7:29 am
(@freda)

I do hope you at least have a supply of paracetamol, mate. Please try to prioritise having some in - if you get sick and live alone, you need to medicate your fever. 

Posted : 26th March 2020 11:43 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Hi Freda... thanks, yes I do have some paracetamol. I think me getting sick is inevitable. Arrived at work yesterday to be informed that one of the residents is self-isolating due to suspected coronavirus. Now this chap is 70 odd with mild learning disabilities. Wear full PPE we are told. Ok..and the face masks are where??

It was a strange shift... lots of little old ladies having falls. Now in normal circumstances you'd call an ambulance, just to be on the safe side, but in these crisis times, I just don't want to do it and the little old ladies don't want you to do it either. They sit there all day watching the BBC news, most understand whats going on (some don't), but none of them want to be a burden. Many would rather put up with discomfort in their own home rather than lie on the floor for two hours waiting for an ambulance that could have been sent to a coronavirus case and maybe saved a life. So as a care worker your left with a dilemma, cover your own back and call an ambulance anyway or just help them up, dust them down and settle them back to their cumfy seat or bed. I use a caring but common sense approach. I say no more.

I carry my work ID everywhere now. I walked to work yesterday with my ID very much on show. I really don't to be accused of an unnecessary journey and get a £60 fine. I notice that there is till a lot of cars on the road but less foot fall. I noticed people said hello less and smiled less, which i found a bit odd. maybe its just me cos am lonely, but you would have thought that people would acknowledge each other a bit more in a time of crisis?? A smile can be worth a thousand words.

I won't go out today. Iv'e just switched my hot water on and it worked. The council man said that my hot water tank is f****d (its more than 20 years old) and to only switch it on for brief periods of time other wise it will break again. He's ordered a new tank but in these times he said it maybe an age before it gets sorted. I will saver every bath I have, cos it might just be my last! 🙂

On the gambling front am still miffed with myself for last paydays gambling but happy that I can't now gamble even if I wanted to, which i don't. Am hoping that I can at least have one more full pay packet before I become ill. I will shove most of it on the rent and the rest on food. Its like please don't give me the virus for the next 2 weeks!!

Thanks for listrening

Posted : 27th March 2020 8:56 am
(@rouletteregret)

SA,

Youre a good soul and providing a great service to these people in need. Feel good about yourself.

I’m still going for a run once per day. I cross the road when someone comes my way. I know what you mean about people saying hello or smiling. I always give runners. a wave and say hello to some old people I always see out on a walk but they seem scared. I hate it when I wave to a runner and they blank me - maybe there just knew to it. 

RR

Posted : 27th March 2020 9:06 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

s**t.... am lucky not to have been sacked.

Turns out that the elderly woman that we helped to stand up and settle into bed had a broken hip and is now in hospital. Iv'e had a right bollocking and a verbal warning.

In my defence, this is what happens when you put people under lots of pressure to be in several places at the same time.

Am going for a run, am all shakey.

Posted : 27th March 2020 5:50 pm
(@rouletteregret)

SA,

Dont be to hard on yourself. Ive followed your diary for a long time and consistently you mention your workplace is under staffed, that you sometimes work way abnormally long hours etc. Your an honest guy who always does there best under difficult circumstances.

Due to the ongoing crisis a mistake has been made. Under normal circumstances an ambulance would have been called you previously mentioned this. Mistakes will happen in the NHS and care support during this unusually and busy time.

Your boss needs someone to shout at the same way someone may shout at him. hSit rolls down hill. Dust yourself down, chin up. You do a great job. Simple as that.

RR

Posted : 27th March 2020 6:31 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

I hear you RR. 

To be fare the area manager didn't actually shout at me and as for me I was very open and honest about what had happened and she responded positively to that. If i'd of lied or tried to justify things then it would have been a formal disciplinary. Also my account coincided with my colleagues, so none of us lied. Verbal warnings all round. I can live with that. Today i have demonstrated duty of candour and for that i am very proud of myself.

On a positive iv'e been able to cancel my overtime, so now i have some days off and I can avoid getting the virus and spreading it and can hunker down in my flat and maybe do a bit of decorating that iv'e been threatening to do for the last decade!!

No gambling, no thoughts of gambling and no opportunities to gamble... that's another good thing 🙂

Posted : 27th March 2020 7:01 pm
duncan.mac
(@duncan-mac)

SA

fella we have both been around the forum for a long time we are shared a great deal in that time, I can only embellish what our honourable friend RR wrote don’t be too hard on yourself, in fact do the opposite be kind to yourself. I assume from what you wrote that your ability to gamble has been eradicated by the circumstances we find ourselves in, and I take it that you have self excluded from the ability to get in action online. So take that as a green light to have some quality time with you, get some bits and decorate your flat, enable yourself to see again what living with being active can bring, I know that you know how it works and I won’t tell you how to suck eggs.

life will improve as a result, I sincerely hope that you don’t get infected by the virus but understand the position of work you have dictates that you are somewhat in the line of fire. As a result please stick paracetamol on your shopping list!!

as our dear friend freda wrote you will if unfortunate to catch the virus need medication.

again be kind to yourself my friend 

just for today 

Duncs 

Posted : 27th March 2020 8:24 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

I appreciate your thoughts Dunc's.. like you say gambling is simply not an option for me, so consequently no urges to gamble cos I couldn't act on them anyway, unless I walked to a newsagent to buy lottery products... which wouldn't be an essential journey of course so i wouldn't do that either even if I did have urges.

I decided I wouldn't step outside of my front door today, but it is now proving hard as i enjoy being out in the fresh air. I am not a home body. I Need to run really but thought i'd save that for tomorrow.

Thanks for listening

This post was modified 4 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 28th March 2020 6:02 pm
(@freda)

I love that crazy, illuminati shiz too. Just one of infinite possibilities. We will possibly never know which cogs were turning and strings being pulled behind the scenes.

Posted : 28th March 2020 7:41 pm
Page 388 / 416

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close