Support us

Hope  

Page 387 / 388

S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Yes Dunc's I am back to being running man. Albeit a somewhat overweight running man.

I really pushed it today 1 hour 45 mins with lots of punishing uphill. The route I chose not the best though. Lots of running along the side of main roads. So many cars. Do some people just drive around all day. Traffic is just relentless. But anyway am sure iv'e increased my endurance by a notch today. I think I might be suffering tomorrow but will cross that bridge when it comes. I saw on the weather forecast that a full storm is due tomorrow, so i reckoned i'd have a rest day... but then it can be fun running in a storm if your slightly mad like me 🙂

Thanks for listening

ReplyQuote
Posted : 8th February 2020 12:29 pm
RouletteRegret
(@rouletteregret)

SA,

I went for a bizarre short run yesterday through a forest jumping over barbed wire fences and running ankle deep through bogs and marshes. It was great fun.

I’m very impressed with the duration of your runs. Did you build to this gradually? 

Anyway, I hope your doing well. I hope you dont mind me saying but I notice a great difference in you and your posts since you’ve returned to running. You seem more positive and much more like your posts of old when you were abstaining for a lengthy period. I really believe that you are at the start of something great and marvellous. It makes me happy for you.

RR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10th February 2020 10:15 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Glad you enjoyed your run RR... I didn't run in the storm in the end, maybe next time.

Iv'e been a stress head this morning, but now I can see the funny side of it.

I hate technology. I get use to something and then it all changes again. Anyway this morning I decide to enter the 21 st century and get myself a smart phone with some vouchers iv'e had for my birthday. So anyway i walks down to my local tesco super store and into the tesco mobile section and I say to the man I want a smart phone, sim free, cheap. I was pre-pared you see. I hate people trying to sell me stuff I don't need. The man gets the phone I buy it... all sorted so you'd think.

I then goes to costa coffee opens the box, gets phone out, see's that the battery needs putting in... how the f**k do you get the back off without breaking the phone?. I cant see how to do it. Am handling this phone like its a new born baby. Am determined not to break this thing before ive even used it. Anyway you couldn't make up the series of events that happens next. I see a little grove in the corner, puts my nail in it, trying to ease the cover off. Nail slips, hand jolts away, drops phone, hits coffee.... everything on floor, posh mug broken.... suddenly am feeling like a right banana. the staff were lovely, coffee replaced. A coffee that i didn't really feel like drinking now, so i abandons it leaves and goes over to the mobile shop opposite.

I asks the young assistant if I can be cheeky and can he help me get the back off my phone and i says i bet you get this all the time to which he says "this isn't a phone shop".... turns out ive just walked into a Vape shop. lol... and he says no I can't do it but there is a mobile shop next door. I goes next door to a very surly man whom takes the back off but isn't pleased with me for not buying anything. So anyway I leaves I go to the library (its warm there) and thinks I will sort it out in there.

I guess you know whats coming. I goes library, I puts the battery in. I gets my old phone I takes the old sim out and goes to put it in my new smart phone, but yes, the sim slot is a different size, like trying to put a size 11 foot into a size 8 shoe. 🙁

Ive given up for today. I am a the proud owner of a smart phone that I can do f**k all with lol Whats my next move folks??

Thanks for listening

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by S.A
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11th February 2020 12:03 pm
freda
(@freda)

Awwww! I've had a similar situation where I tried to ram a sim card into a new phone, then sheepishly went to the EE shop, where I wouldn't buy their too expensive phones and had to ask them to help me. They said "oh, it opens like a hinged door, see" In what bizarre world do they start making phones where you have to open a sim door?!!! when sliding it into a slot, worked perfectly fine for decades!!!!

So....yeah....been there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11th February 2020 12:21 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Well exactly Freda.

I had a walk down to the virginmedia shop. They sorted it within a couple of minutes. I am now the proud owner of a working smart phone. So far though I don't see what all the fuss is about. I managed to sign into facebook and scroll down my feed but that's about it. I see people everywhere glued to there smart phones. What am i supposed to be doing on it?? Answer on a postcard 🙂

Thanks for listening

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11th February 2020 8:12 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Am such a dinosaur when it comes to tech. Iv'e now managed to install some updates on my phone. It was wanting to connect to Wi-fi but kept asking for a password. I then phoned up virgin media and discovered that i do actually have Wi-fi and that I even have a password!... and then the lady asked me what phone i had and I didn't know lol... its a smart phone, the cheap one from Tesco's I said.. she laughed. I woosh they wouldn't ask these complex questions 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th February 2020 8:48 am
Boro
 Boro
(@boro)

Nice to see you are getting your gamble free days up Sa long may it continue for you mate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th February 2020 2:31 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Thanks mate.

Well I did a 90 minute run yesterday and a 90 minute run today. I had no intention of doing another long run today. I just wanted to jog around the block to lift my mood as I woke feeling quite depressed. However after 20 minutes I decide to extend the run a bit and then a bit more and then 90 minutes was done. Its amazing what the body can get use to. I feel fine.

This post was modified 1 week ago by S.A
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13th February 2020 2:47 pm
RouletteRegret
(@rouletteregret)

SA, 

I love reading about your running. You are doing super. Life gets too much and you go for a run and you get through it. I love reading that. Someone working a problem - thats the road to success.

I went for a run today and came back with a sore left side. Thought it was ribs but it will be muscular. Never had this before. I hope to get out again tomorrow 

RR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th February 2020 3:41 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Thanks RR.

I had another good run today in Storm Dennis, but before it really got going. It was surprisingly enjoyable, cos although it was wind and rain, it wasn't cold.

Anyway back to work proper tomorrow.

Just for today...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15th February 2020 7:46 pm
RouletteRegret
(@rouletteregret)

Hey SA,

Hope you’re ok and life is good.

RR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19th February 2020 8:56 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Hey thanks for dropping by RR. Am still about am just back at work and am now extremely tired. Iv'e picked up some extra's because my work place is so short staffed, partly because its half term and partly because the management in its wisdom has simply cancelled all agency staff because of the quality of their care calls. At the end of the day it is my choice to have taken on the extra's, but I will scale back again just as soon as i can. Social care is often a thankless task, you can work really hard and help a lot of people during your shift only to then get a bollocking because somebody whom wasn't even on your job card has had a missed medication. I guess am old enough and wise enough to know that its the appreciation you get from the people that you support that keeps you motivated and that management says nothing if your doing a good job but then everybody gets the blame if anything goes wrong anywhere. I don't think I have ever worked any where where the management style isn't "reacting to events" in a knee j**k fashion. Moan over.

Thanks for listening

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20th February 2020 8:34 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi SA....

Relate a lot to your "rant". Same in my place..whilst all is good and ticking along nicely - all is well.. God forbid for tiny (i mean tiny!) mistake and your a**e goes on a frying pan like no tomorrow.

I don't get these services. ...we serve community huh...people who we care about..that soon being taken out of context when something (not always our fault) goes array. ...

Sometimes i wonder....whats the point if your b**t is first in the line to be chewed off..

..dear me...didnt realise im so ranty myself 😂..must b nighshifts!

Impressed with your runs 🙂...did 5k yesterday plus massive heavy load of weights..and yes, had to be "carried" around at work myself as muscle pain is unbearable lol...and it was only 4 days without active excersice 🤔...

I swear, i stopped ranting!

Hey..listen..LOOK AFTER YOURSELF! You are not a machine 

Love ❤

S&B cx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20th February 2020 8:45 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Actually when i think about, I don't need any external validation. I know that am showing support and compassion to others and that's all that matters.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20th February 2020 8:48 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi the great road runner!

Missed your posts  (or basic check ins 🤔)

Hope all is well! I did a good session today, 5k plus 45kg chest press! New record! Almost my whole body weight lol...

How are your runs?

Thought this will raise a smile...i hope so anyways

This post was modified 5 hours ago by SB28
ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd February 2020 7:13 pm
Page 387 / 388