245 Users
1 Likes
419.5 K Views
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Thanks RR.

I had another good run today in Storm Dennis, but before it really got going. It was surprisingly enjoyable, cos although it was wind and rain, it wasn't cold.

Anyway back to work proper tomorrow.

Just for today...

Posted : 15th February 2020 8:46 pm
(@rouletteregret)

Hey SA,

Hope you’re ok and life is good.

RR

Posted : 19th February 2020 9:56 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Hey thanks for dropping by RR. Am still about am just back at work and am now extremely tired. Iv'e picked up some extra's because my work place is so short staffed, partly because its half term and partly because the management in its wisdom has simply cancelled all agency staff because of the quality of their care calls. At the end of the day it is my choice to have taken on the extra's, but I will scale back again just as soon as i can. Social care is often a thankless task, you can work really hard and help a lot of people during your shift only to then get a bollocking because somebody whom wasn't even on your job card has had a missed medication. I guess am old enough and wise enough to know that its the appreciation you get from the people that you support that keeps you motivated and that management says nothing if your doing a good job but then everybody gets the blame if anything goes wrong anywhere. I don't think I have ever worked any where where the management style isn't "reacting to events" in a knee j**k fashion. Moan over.

Thanks for listening

Posted : 20th February 2020 9:34 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi SA....

Relate a lot to your "rant". Same in my place..whilst all is good and ticking along nicely - all is well.. God forbid for tiny (i mean tiny!) mistake and your a**e goes on a frying pan like no tomorrow.

I don't get these services. ...we serve community huh...people who we care about..that soon being taken out of context when something (not always our fault) goes array. ...

Sometimes i wonder....whats the point if your b**t is first in the line to be chewed off..

..dear me...didnt realise im so ranty myself ?..must b nighshifts!

Impressed with your runs ?...did 5k yesterday plus massive heavy load of weights..and yes, had to be "carried" around at work myself as muscle pain is unbearable lol...and it was only 4 days without active excersice ?...

I swear, i stopped ranting!

Hey..listen..LOOK AFTER YOURSELF! You are not a machine 

Love ❤

S&B cx

Posted : 20th February 2020 9:45 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Actually when i think about, I don't need any external validation. I know that am showing support and compassion to others and that's all that matters.

Posted : 20th February 2020 9:48 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi the great road runner!

Missed your posts  (or basic check ins ?)

Hope all is well! I did a good session today, 5k plus 45kg chest press! New record! Almost my whole body weight lol...

How are your runs?

Thought this will raise a smile...i hope so anyways

This post was modified 4 years ago by SB28

Posted : 23rd February 2020 8:13 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Ps. Had to edit as it was awful end of a cartoon lol..seriously?...i will gi d another one..not as distressing lol

Posted : 23rd February 2020 8:16 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

https://youtu.be/OwYQsZuh2CM

???‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️??

Posted : 23rd February 2020 8:19 pm
(@rouletteregret)

Hey SA,

I hope work isn't too demanding or stressful and that you’ve managed to have a nice weekend.

RR

Posted : 23rd February 2020 8:46 pm
Emily82
(@emily82)

Hey SA

scouring the forums for old members I found you! Not sure you’ll remember me but I do you.
Very well done on over a month total abstinence and your dedication to running. 
Not going to mar your very upbeat thread with my **** but just wanted to drop by and say hi. Will defo return when I have overcome the initial self loathing face of recent loss.

so glad you are well

keep fighting the good fight.

Em x

i

Posted : 24th February 2020 1:02 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Hey thanks for the thoughts folks... appreciated 🙂

Day off today. Iv'e just finished a long stretch of early shifts. Iv'e been setting my alarm for 4.30 a.m but waking up even earlier. I think its my generally anxious state that causes me not to really sleep. I get so worried about holding down a job because off my precarious financial situation, that it means that sleep don't come easy. It also means that I can get quite manic at work, overly so, cos am just so keen to get the job done, get another shift ticked off and get another day closer to pay day. Classic compulsive gambler behaviour. It feels like it will take quite a lot more gamble free time for me to start calming down.

I haven't run for 5 days. I will run today.

Thanks for listening

Posted : 25th February 2020 9:50 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

I had a good run. 1 hour and 10 mins and a bit faster than normal with some good uphill sections. It really makes a difference when you have had a few days away from running, its like ya legs have had a chance to recover and rest and now they are ready for anything. I remember that I had had a period of really intense running and I seem now to be a bit fitter.

Am chilling for the rest of the day. No gambling.

Thanks for listening

Posted : 25th February 2020 3:18 pm
(@rouletteregret)

SA,

Just wanted to say that you’re doing super. I’m delighted for you.

I think the running really helps mind and body and I think it helps us cope with stress and gives us a chance to clear our thoughts.

Im so happy for you. Keep going now.

I notice a huge difference in your posts now. You seem positive and that makes me feel positive and very happy.

RR

Posted : 25th February 2020 10:29 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)
Topic starter

Thanks RR

Well I had to drag my sorry a**e out for a run this morning, but am glad I did. I feel much better now for that 55 minutes pounding the streets. Iv'e been exceptionally tired and run down over recent days but going for a run completely transforms me.

That's all for now folks... have a good day! 🙂

Posted : 29th February 2020 10:22 am
(@freda)

Yay for endorphins! whoop! 

You're doing just smashing.

Posted : 29th February 2020 2:07 pm
Page 385 / 416

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close