Here We Go Again...

214 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
10.1 K Views
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 434...back to the daily grind this week after practically a month off...nice to get back into some sort of routine and not sit eating and drinking all the time! On a strict budget for the rest of the month now making packed lunches for work and pinching pennies wherever possible! One thing I can say for sure is I won’t be doing you know what to try and ‘win’ some money! Stay strong people it can be done 🙂 xxx

Posted : 8th January 2018 10:34 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 448 - been fighting with the husband lots. Clearly trying to save for a new kitchen and pay an IVA each month and have money to have a social life is too much. I'm back to being just as stressed out about money as I was when it was all a massive secret. Anyway...going to try and chill out from now on, at the end of the day we have no credit anymore...when the money is gone the money is gone and it will be beans on toast til the next pay day! I'm alright, I like beans! Only 3 more days of poverty and then its finally pay day! No urges to gamble despite the lack of funds and arguing so I guess that's a good sign!

Posted : 22nd January 2018 4:37 pm
(@Anonymous)

Well done Shorty 448 days is incredible, keep doing what you are doing.

Wilsy

Posted : 22nd January 2018 5:29 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 456....when you have a dream (nightmare) that you've been gambling and you wake up in a panic thinking you're back to day 0 and then you realise it wasn't real. Horrible... but a good reminder of where you don't want to be!

Posted : 30th January 2018 1:08 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 464...galloping up to the 500 day mark now....new kitchen getting fitted in the next month something that wouldn't have been possible 464 days ago, nice to see what can be achieved if you stop throwing your money away :0)

Posted : 7th February 2018 11:50 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 479....21 days off 500 days wowwweeeee how amazing and weirdly it is probably 3 weeks until our new kitchen is finished 🙂 something that wouldn’t have been possible 500 days ago without racking up even more credit card debt. What a lovely 500 day present 🙂 although I’m totally sick of scrimping and saving but it will be all worth it in the end and we’ll have some serious 500+ day celebrations at the end of March when we have a mad night out 🙂

Much love...Shorty xxx

Posted : 22nd February 2018 7:12 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 494....less than a week til the big 500!

Posted : 9th March 2018 10:06 am
Cookie12
(@cookie12)

wow.great how life can be so different and you made that happen.well done x

Posted : 9th March 2018 11:18 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks Cookie 🙂 DAY 499....treating myself to a delicious lunch tomorrow....going to spend a whole £6.99 on it rather than the usual knocked down tesco micro meal for under £2!

Posted : 14th March 2018 11:22 am
Proudarab
(@proudarab)

How totally bizarre.

I hadn't been on here in months and felt like revisiting my diary today as had a pretty low week and thought I'd check out how you are getting on and you'd just posted this morning!! I'm on 489 now, seems like a lifetime ago that I first posted on here. Good weeks and bad weeks, you'll know exactly how that is.

Looks like things are going ok for you shorty! Wasn't so long ago you were eating sandwiches that tasted of cardboard so £6.99 must be fairly lavish! Have a great day tomorrow celebrating the big 500, it's something worth celebrating!!

PA x

Posted : 14th March 2018 12:30 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 510....one more week in work then a well deserved week off work!!! Spending a small fortune at the minute, one thing after another but at least it’s money being spent on something and not thrown away.xxx

Posted : 25th March 2018 2:43 pm
sjw
 sjw
(@sjw)

Great to hear you are still GF. Inspiring to people like myself. Life can get expensive at times but at least you are getting something for it now.

All the best.

Posted : 25th March 2018 3:06 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 524.....too many things to save for this year....next year I am making ZERO plans! On the flip side at least we are able to save for them and they are not being paid for on ever increasing and out of control credit cards. What's there is there, and if it's not there then it's tough!

Posted : 8th April 2018 1:36 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 581....not posted in a long time. Sometimes I think you get so far away from all the sh 1t that you don’t really want to keep reminding yourself of it all. But it’s important to remember where you started and let people know that there’s hope! And With the right people behind you anything is possible xxxx

Posted : 4th June 2018 6:49 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 647...over the last week I have learnt to be grateful for good health it doesn’t matter how much money you have in the bank if you’re too sick to spend it!

Posted : 9th August 2018 8:03 pm
Page 14 / 15

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close