Going to keep this thread now!

3,771 Posts
146 Users
5 Likes
289.6 K Views
 Loux
(@loux)

Well done for getting up and out freda I know hard it can be to get going sometimes but sounds like you've done well, good luck with your course x

Posted : 15th November 2019 11:38 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Thanks, Lou x

I've been poorly with a tummy bug. have just shivered, puked and slept for the past 24 hours.

Posted : 17th November 2019 12:03 am
(@freda)
Topic starter

I want to type a lot and rant but feel like I don't have the energy.

Been to work today but was hard to function. I got away with it, just about!

I have terrible nausea. Just isn't shifting and isn't better for eating. I'm still not able to eat much but if it was hunger nausea, should improve even after a small snack. I'd rather be actually puking, if it got me better quicker. Sick of being poorly. Had just gotten over a bad cold. 

For some reason, I feel like I want to rant about the Prime minister's mistress. Sometimes the news is just insulting to the intelligence. This intelligent, capable woman, playing the victim because she was discarded by a man she knew was married, when she got involved with him. I mean, I might as well set myself on fire and then expect everyone's sympathy when I discover it hurts. FFS! She knew what she was doing and didn't care about his wife when she started this. She claims she is heartbroken but it's just childish, narcissistic rage at being slighted. They deserve each other.

Posted : 18th November 2019 10:55 pm
DramaLlama
(@dramallama)

Lol I enjoyed this rant very much! I missed the interview with her but caught a clip of Lorraine saying what's the point in going on telly if you aren't gonna talk about it. You go lass! I like Lorraine. 

I hope you feel better with the nausea. Can completely sympathise with this today. It's the pits. 

Love from 

Drama x

Posted : 18th November 2019 11:17 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hey f,

Hope today is better for you. Nausea is nasty feeling, had the same just two days ago.. there is not much you can do whilst going through it. ..deep breaths, glass of water and so on may aid a little..and rest rest rest.

Wishing you to have a good day...as good as you can muster. ..every little good emotion & smile counts ?

Love & hugs

S&B xx

Posted : 19th November 2019 12:27 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

I've been feeling a bit sad again, today. 

Same as usual, loneliness but not feeling like connecting with people. 

Bit better nausea-wise. Still not quite myself and still feeling very tired but been able to eat without too much trouble. 

I'm kind of dreading Christmas. I don't really care about Christmas at all, I couldn't give a toss if I spend 25th December alone, it's just the isolation of other people being elsewhere and not understanding that they're making it worse, by making such a big deal out of it. Being asked over and over what I'm doing, having to lie because it's easier but feeling vulnerable and uncomfortable in case they pry any more, or don't believe you.

It gets shoved down your throat everywhere you go. It's as if the whole world turns into a fairground, with really irritating clowns - but you don't like fairgrounds.

I don't know. I just feel like hiding today. Most days to be fair but a bit more today. Watched a film this afternoon. 

I want more out of life. At present, I don't know how to get it.

Posted : 20th November 2019 4:31 pm
(@boo-radley)

Oh freda.. I feel the same bout Christmas. No magic there any more.  Rammed down our throats. It's no wonder it leads folk to desperation. 

Perhaps the winter doesn't help either.. My mood gets low.. Perhaps if you get to chat later we can cheer each other up ❤️

Posted : 20th November 2019 7:29 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Time for one of my stories. 

Today, we couldn't get the car to start, outside a royal mail depot. So, my female friend and I, pushing and manouvering the car around, trying to get in a position to try and jump start it. Or bump start? the one where you push it. 

These men came to "help" and started laughing at us and treating us like stupid women, so, we let them push the car til it started, then I looked at one of them, with a beaming smile and said "thanks for being such patronising, sexist, "rhymes with bankers" (I just said the word but you can't swear on here.) We enjoyed that the most!"

His face was a picture. Think he was expecting "you're my hero". Jog on.

I like that I'm scrappy. Sometimes people deserve it.

Posted : 21st November 2019 2:12 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi f,

Good to cath up earlier. 

Well done on telling the guy off. If they made you feel like that, you have full right to express your opinion!..in a civilized way of course lol

Thanks for your thoughts on my thread. Was good food for thought.  Nothing changes if nothing changes huh.

Hope you're having a good and relaxing day!

P.s. Dumped half marathon idea and went for 5k plus some weights. A lot more refreshed and indeed...bouncing off the walls even more..darn coffee!

Hugs and best wishes

S&B xx

Posted : 21st November 2019 7:01 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Well, I wasn't that civilised....I did swear at him! but, didn't shout, just told him how I thought they'd behaved. 

I do think it's best to rise above things, usually. I don't always manage to. For me, it was bullying behaviour and they didn't expect either of us to stand up for ourselves. That's why I did it. Why try to belittle people? Then again, I tried to belittle him, in response, I suppose. 

Meh. Sometimes you don't have the patience and when someone aggresses at you for no reason, you just wanna tell em to eff off. 

I'm feeling really nervous about the work party on Sunday night. I'm self-conscious about getting "dressed up". As with most things, I'm sure it'll be better than I expected and might actually have fun.

Posted : 22nd November 2019 1:59 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

I've gotten the meeting up with Mam, for her birthday over and done with. It was actually all right. She was pleasant and chatty.

Going to the gym! Woooop! First I've felt up to it in a week because of flippin norovirus/food poisoning. It's pouring with rain but I'll be fine, just wrap up well. 

Work party is almost upon me! I will feel better for having had a workout tonight, I would think. Might even go again tomorrow. Will see how I feel.

Weird, mild temptations to go into arcades. Been using sunbed place that is above an arcade. Probably best not to frequent it too often, just wanted a little colour in my cheeks.

Posted : 23rd November 2019 6:10 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Feel really good for going to the gym! Did good considering I'd not been for over a week.

Had a lovely night out last night, few pints with my male friends. That so called bestie of mine still being a bit aloof and cheeky at times. Glad I'm seeing more of other people now. 

Posted : 23rd November 2019 10:08 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

The weird thoughts that go through your mind as a woman.... I don't often wear high heels and don't want to look like a newborn lamb, stumbling about. Sometimes my feet come out of the back of my shoe and it can make me stumble. I'm thinking about putting a small amount of superglue on my heel pad, to make them stay put. What a strange thing to be mulling over on a Sunday afternoon....

I won't be gambling today, can't even see the opportunity presenting itself. Now, do I get dressed and go buy some superglue? hahaha

Posted : 24th November 2019 3:13 pm
(@boo-radley)

Enjoy and hope to hear about the party.  Stay safe.. ?

Posted : 24th November 2019 4:08 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

he's sleeping with someone else. He wouldn't even dance with his staff, man. yawn. at least I know, eh?

Posted : 25th November 2019 1:49 am
Page 210 / 252

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close