5,065 Posts
170 Users
1 Likes
332.1 K Views
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Everyone needs to stop the bull about chat room tonite.

I was talking to mod privately so no chance they could see what abuse was going in live chat..my bad...

My fault i don't get on with some people..

Leave it be.

Move on ...i leave the place to gain peace for everyone.

Stay safe

S&B xx

This post was modified 4 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 23rd November 2019 10:49 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Hope your okay SB

I know you got stressed last night but take care and dont be out off chat room

Were all here to support one another to stay gamble free 

Loulou x

Posted : 24th November 2019 3:05 pm
(@boo-radley)

Hope you come back to chat.. Even if just to keep me updated about your four legged furry friend. 

Take your time and take care ?

Posted : 24th November 2019 4:07 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Hiya... groups can be hard sometimes, both online and in the real world. That's why I generally don't do them, I get wound up by other peoples behaviours.

Anyway thinking of you.. S.A 🙂 x

Posted : 27th November 2019 1:43 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Hello Sandra. 

Just wanted to send you my regards and wish you well.

My song choice for you today is ......

"Don't Leave Me This Way" by The Communards

Stephen x

Ps. Missing your bright and breezy posts so don't stay away for too long.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 30th November 2019 11:51 am
DramaLlama
(@dramallama)

My doggy is eating every day this last week. Nowhere near what she should be for a dog her size but I am comforted that she's eating little and often. I just wanted to update you cos you have shown such care for her. I hope you are okay. 

Love from Drama x

Posted : 30th November 2019 10:51 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary.  Wasn't planning to write anything until D Day however one of the advisers did suggest to keep track of my thoughts so i shall give this a go.

1st DECEMBER - 23 days

Night shift. Nothing too exciting, if it was, i cannot remember. Back home and sleep.

2nd DECEMBER - 22 days
Night shift. I guess its the last one so shall pull through. Finsihed on time. Let rest days begin.

3rd DECEMBER - 21 days
Rest day. Up at around 4pm. Still tired. Cant be bothered with the day. Walkies done. Few drinks...Bed by 22:00

4th DECEMBER - 20 days
A bit of headache. ..but manageable. Attempting gym. A struggle but will do for the day. Bought new Xmas tree. Figured the old one has to go. Not good with measurements so brought back half meter one. Put it on a chair so at least height a bit more reasonable... few boubles on just for the sake of it. Not feeling festive at all...will be a decoration anyway i reckon.. 23:00 Sleepies.

5th DECEMBER - 19 days. Up with headache. Few cups of coffee will put me back om my feet. Walkies done. Gym. Not as good as yesterday but will do...23:00 - Bed, sleepies. No gambling

6th DECEMBER - 18 days. Last day off. Up at 14:00. Struggling with getting up. Maybe depression or maybe drink. Cleaning, cooking. Can't be bothered with gym. Bed by 6pm. Can't sleep. Watching Im Celeb. Sleepies comes eventually at 01:00....alarm goes off at 03:15.  Time for Work.

7th DECEMBER - 17 days. Work day was a struggle. Very dark to drive home. Very tired. ..but made it for 18:30. Walkies, food, bed by 20:00. Sister rings up inviting girl round the next day, i immediately accept the offer.

8th DECEMBER - 16 days. Up at 03:15. Work was a struggle but...few things happened to pick my spirits up! Finished 17:00, picked girl up and drive home. Posted something on FB and i think for the fist time expressed that i had a good day at work. Worth celebration.....bed by 22:00.

9th DECEMBER - 15 days. Up at 08:00. Need to get to that gym. Head is not complying tho. At 10:30 i drag myself round. Bath and work away from work place. Something went over me and i decided to buy loads of chocs/cookies for the department i dont really see..but talk a lot to. They appreciated the effort...actually, it was a step forward for me to get out of my comfort zone....my confidence also needed a kick...good day..back earlier than usual..Sleep at around 23:00

10th DECEMBER - 14 days. Up at 12:00 hours. Struggling with getting up. Not sure whats up with me...drive to work but has to be done. Work is ok. Swapped shifts following kind request of ex colleague... deep down i know i will regret it...just know..must be 6th sense.

11th DECEMBER - 13 days. Counsellor rang. Still thinking if she left school yet. Sounds very young. Had a laugh tho...so that will do. Took lil girl round sister's again. Was sent to work in different town. Cursing the colleague i helped out with swapping shifts. Nightmare of a shift. Back home at 01:00. Spoke to an adviser on here. Good person. Made me laugh. Love the way they express themselves and advice in funny matter.

12th DECEMBER - 12 days. Up at 13:00..two hours till shift. Already dreading it after yesterday. Another nightmare of a shift. Cursing the colleague still. Bad day.  Thinking of well overdue anger management course. Gotta see whats available. Unexpected circs seing me in double shift just 30mins before my finish time... Thinking of money...gotta do it.

13th DECEMBER - 11 days. Double shift done. Got in at 06:40. All in one piece. Good. Very tired. Opened beer.Sleepies.Up at 16:00. Struggling to get up. Too tired for gym. Wrapped prezzies up...22:00. Sleep. No gambling

14th DECEMBER - 10 days. Surprisingly no headache. Up at 11:00. Washing, walkies done. Gym at 13:00. Good session but feeling exhausted. Low mood i guess. Time to cook food. Chicken - nice stuff.  Being kind to me so had a relaxing bath. 
Reflecting on changes i recently made. Spoke to another boss and told them i have applied for different town. Closer to home. Am shortlisted. Now its their turn to offer something more decent for me. The boss will speak to boss boss. Nobody wants us leaving...but circs are circs. Cannot do this driving anymore.
Got a letter from hospital for Gastroscopy test for next month. Looks like local anaesthetic will be given so praying i will be able to travel back home safely.
Also reflecting on those £6 i spent on scratchcards few weeks back. Almost kicking myself but trying not to beat myself up. No slots tho...not resetting clock either...it would destroy me.
Spoken to V on Netline. What a amazing chat. Gave me hope, gave me some deep thought. About the choices we make in life.. I know this to be true, however never listen to my own voice of knowledge...chat gave me a bit of purpose. So thank you V...i will write that...1st chapter of  a book, i swear i will begin at the start...you made a difference to me today ❤

15th DECEMBER - 9 days. 
Up at 09:00. Coffee, walkies...attempting gym. Will be a leg day i usually don't like, but needs must. Gym was a success, as planned. Tried to stay away from weights...not much luck there but at least legs (& arms are done..again). Took lil girl to the park. Let her run free. She is amazing at expressing her joy when running. I love her so much my ...stone heart almost finds that fire again. Truly does. Back for some dinner. Chicken from yesterday. 
Watched Elf movie which brought tears out. I miss emotion. Truly do but it did the trick, made me cry happy tears. Bella pinched my hot water bottle of course. She is all cosy and warm laying on top of it on settee. She loves warmth. ...and i love her..
Thinking about work.  A lot to weigh and shall try and make that decision what to do with my life going forwards...set your mind and heart to it...all that stuff, anything is possible... get on that platform and choose the train for your destination...all is our own choice. Told sister of my intentions of leaving job. The response i got " well, what were you thinking in the first place!". I know she worries about my job. I do too...my mental health, ..she doesnt know about the past abuse, nor my past depression..she knows me as a "boss". I always kept a role where i have to tell people what to do... many enemies created over time..who likes to be told huh? Besides, i never handled it well. Im a stress head..so...at least thats in the open now. I am truly considering new path..something less stressy....
Reasonable time for sleeps, a book i happened to skip the last 3 nights...

16th DECEMBER - 8 days
Up at 11:00. Coffee, gym and a hot bath should sort me out ready for tomorrow. Pile or ironing to sort out. Ah, why i leave everything for the last day. 
Change of plan really. Feel so sick and am tired of this feeling. Cant make gym today. Head is a bit in the dumps, let alone body.. I must be the most unhealthy sportswoman going.  
This month has been extremely tough. Im not keen on this festive season and darkness usually takes over. This year was no different. ..being banned from here proved more difficult than i imagined..but...i shall keep counting down. 
Unwanted images from my car accident from 3 years ago is visiting me again. 22nd December 2016 dear Lord refused to take me and i am greatful. Since that time i purchased a house, got my beloved girl to look after and started new job. When you think, 3 years is not that long time huh..however a lot has happened over that period.
Im not gambling. I have my lovely girl, roof over the head, partial health. I have more than i could ask for...i should be very very greatful for this opportunity at life..and i am...
 14:00 hours and thinking of almighty English breakfast! 
Good decision on full English. Feeling a lot better. A bit of mediation, good relaxing bath and im back on my feet.
Got a call from GC. For a second thought there will be some good news..like, allowing me to post again..but no. ..umm, helped me to reflect upon myself i suppose...so not all that gloom and doom as it possibly is... i aboslutely must be kind to me this time. Shall accept further limitations. Will concentrate on my journey simply by putting thoughts down on my diary when able to again. Early night as have to be up early for work again. Will try to deal with moods myself...i know i got it in me.

17 th DECEMBER - 7 days.
Major bad luck with car. Up from 03:20 and just physically drained...im not mechanic, i cant deal with all this stuff... £330 bill...merry xmas to me. So tired of everything. Massive urge to gamble, just stuff everything. Was very close walking into bookies after dropping car off...just few steps away...breathe.. Trying to ride it out. 

18th DECEMBER - 6 days. Feeling poorly. Work home. No gambling.

19th DECEMBER - 5 days. Got flu. Difficult to manage day and health but pushing on. Work - home. No gambling.

20th DECEMBER - 4 days. Cold persisting. Somehow managed gym. Good to be back in after 4 days off. Work - home. No gambling

21st DECEMBER - 3 days. Still coughing and have runny nose. Needs must. Work - home. No gambling.

22nd DECEMBER - 2 days. Work home...exhausted and still have cold..

23rd DECEMBER - 1 day. Work home. Managed gym. . No gambling

24th DECEMBER - 0 days. My case wasn't reviewed so still not able to post. Tired but not gambled. Spent much time with lil one. I am so happy to have her. I know i thank God for her presence  every single day but today felt a special one. I simply love her. And, as we know, love describes many feelings one can have. Thanks for being there for me ❤..and for providing an emotion...something so natural for others but not for me anymore...

25th DECEMBER - +1 day. Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone. Case been postponed till next week.

26th DECEMBER + 2 days. Back home with lil girl. Gym closed....such a shame..was going to work double shift but was declined. Suddenly they care about me doing 20hrs shift?..early night then..

27th DECEMBER +3 days. Tough day at work. Backache is unbearable. Nothing Deep Heat cannot solve...i hope. Cough and runny nose is wearing me out...

28th DECEMBER +4 days. Today is the whole year since i started gym. Was indeed bored so counted the days i marked on a calendar. 170. ..quite good result bearing in mind my shift pattern. May this continue for the next year! Love the results ?. No gambling

29th DECEMBER + 5 days. Cold has returned full force. I look as bad as i feel. Comments by colleagues just confirms that. Dont think its flu. Possibly a virus or something. Cant remember last time i struggled so much. Attempted gym, bad choice as i just dont have energy. Work shift completed by some miracle.

30th DECEMBER + 6 days. Still feel awful 're this cold. Work awaits. I WILL push through and won't leave colleagues in a mess.

31st DECEMBER +7 days. Oh i so wish this cold will go. Affects me a lot and puts me on the downer emotionally as well as physically. Anyway, work was ..difficult but i wish you all a wonderful 2020! We are all in control of our actions..no excuses!

1st JANUARY +8 days. Exhausted today. Still sniffing and coughing. Was feeling this rough for around 2 weeks now. Had very strong urges today. Kinda put myself through mental trauma thinking about a loss of a loved one. Haven't lost anyone (thank you God) but weirdly thinking of the worst and how will i cope if i had to say goodbye. Attachment has always been my issue...add unconditional love to that and so the feeling is overhelming. Didnt take long for urges to come along. Still see it as a escape. Must find different ways to deal with emotions.
No gambling
Work awaits, stay safe all.

2nd JANUARY - D day. Slept like no tomorrow, must be tbis exhaustion putting me flat. Body still aches but the plan ahead is a lot of R&R. No gambling. Stay safe all

S&B xx

Posted : 2nd January 2020 5:11 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary,

What a beautiful sunny morning! Missed daylight and more so sun. It provides positive energy and awakening to sleepy body & mind. Winter slumber lasted for too long this year.

I was thinking about self care a lot recently. Posted something inspiring on overcoming. Self care is not always pretty. What an amazing statement which puts the whole debate 're this into different perspective. 

My mind continues to be very complex. Depths of it are unbelievable! I am practicing not to dig so deep anymore. Take things and emotions on the face value. What purpose they provide, which ones to accept and which ones disregard. 

Had urges last night. Comes when i have free time. Filling that free time is difficult. One, it takes few days to recover from the shifts, two - when i finally want to do something, its silly hour in the morning...bahh. i could of course go for a drive to Mc D's for a coffee or something like that. I no longer feel shy or awkward to do so by myself. I could watch movie or read a book. ..yesterday just wanted some company, someone to speak to but at around 01:00 there are not many awake souls around...and also i haven't got many connections either.

Managed it all tho. All safely navigated. Didn't gamble, cuddled up with lil one instead, had a drink or two, shown myself kindness by switching mind off and concentrating on the tv screen. Worked a treat actually. I started to appreciate those moments where i manage to find peace within...even if only for half hour. "Not thinking" is an amazing state of mind. Thats when you realise you're indeed part if this universe, you are safe and you are cared for. 

Anyhoo! Another day is here. Gym session planned in. Still feeling ruff & to top it off, mother nature threw a curball for this new year ?. If i go, i will have a light session...that is part of self care plan for today.

Stay safe all

S&B xx

Posted : 3rd January 2020 12:20 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Afternoon diary,

My thoughts are with Australia. What a complete devastation. My friend has been safely evacuated and shared some pictures. ..what a heartbreaking view..the families loosing their homes (and lives), animals, nature... If anyone can spare a minute - say a prayer, send good vibes over please. 

We need to stand together.

S&B - ?❤

Posted : 4th January 2020 1:20 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary,

So yesterday was a tough one. I made the decision to go on demo slots. Honestly thought that i have gamban on laptop but looks like i don't as it loaded the gambling site. Dipped into that "magic world" once again.  It did bring urges over indeed.  Im thankful for my blocks on bank cards. I dont even attempt to try it out if it works. It was embarrassing enough to tell bank i have this problem. Not depositing real cash is not the point. Point is to keep sowing those seeds in my mind about imaginary win.

I am struggling financially this month. Know it will carry on at least till Feb pay. Had many opportunities at OT these past days however i wasn't feeling 100%. My cold just now started to clear off and i want to be fit for my job at least for my regular set. So decision been made to R&R. I did so actually.  In my terms....i went to the gym again today. A lot better session as strength is coming back now i feel better. I cooked yesterday and shortly will be eating what's left. 

Something bizarre happened last night. I passed out on the sofa. Now...i never sleep anywhere apart my own bed. So waking up with a start to tv sounds and dim light in the room, sat up (slumped on settee)was a bit scary. Didn't realise i fell asleep. Wasn't long,  maybe 5 mins but again, freaked me out.

So all in all...it could be worse. I could of gambled last night and i could of woken up in a morning on a settee! That would of been disaster.

Relaxing evening ahead (hopefully), cuddles with little one and maybe a movie or something. Need to prepare for a informal meeting for Tuesday but thinking now there is not much i can prepare. Go with a flow. Be assertive, focused and honest. ..that i can be.

Stay safe all, no gambling.

S&B xx

Posted : 4th January 2020 6:34 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Hiya... its been a while, good to see you back and posting 🙂

Looks like the bank card blocks are an effective barrier. Whilst playing demo-slots is not ideal, at least it doesn't empty your bank account.

I think your doing mighty fine.

Hug from ((((S.A ))))

Posted : 5th January 2020 9:11 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary & thanks S.A,

Late morning today as it was veey late night yesterday. Was fighting urges and so eventually decided to take lil one for a walk at around 23:00.  We had a good walk. Some strange and shady people aroun at that time tho...wouldn't be comfortable walking on my own for sure.

Kept waking up most of the night. Caugh has returned and its choking me quite bad. Was up & down to take medicines...which helped for a bit.

Messages for OT kept coming in over the night. Something hit the roof and they need the staff. Yet, i chose not to volunteer. As much as i need money, ...i so missed my ME time. Doesn't matter if its not exactly the healthy one...

Will take day off gym today. Ironing and a hot bath planned in. Early night afterwards.

I really connected with my lil girl over these days off. Spiritually it has been an enormous journey. I love her as much as she loves me. It was nive revelation to see.

Stay safe all

S&B xceptis

Posted : 5th January 2020 12:54 pm
(@freda)

Good to see you saying no when you need to! 

Posted : 5th January 2020 2:43 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thank you f xx

It surprises me when a woman of a million words can get stranded into silence. Is it when there are no words left to say, or addictions suffocate you so much, you simply give up of speaking out. ...because what you say may as well bounce off the wall? 

Empty words, empty promises, empty tries.

When i first arrived here i couldn't be more happier. Ever so exciting times of new life. Freedom, weight lifting off the shoulders. Challenges, hope and determination. Like a baby exploring their surroundings.

Every single lapse knocked me off such image and even if i thought each time im gonna come back stronger, i failed to see that addiction has also got some artillery up its sleeve. 

Recovery is very much so achievable. But work on the self inventory has to come full force. ..continuesly, keeping an eye on the ball day in day out and of course enjoying the sweet fruits the choices brings. Recovery is not easy. Its an honest act. Its facing your fears and admitting your shortcomings. Its looking yourself straight in the eye and saying " yeah man, i was wrong". 

Its the desire to break the pattern. It comes in painful and frustrating manner. Its the breaking of ego and we all know how that feels i suppose. Its admitting defeat. Its getting dirty with hard work of making changes. Its finding yourself again who is not the same as before. New you, with very much so the same core. Its  re training yourself. Very slowly and patiently. Recovery is not full of roses. Its tasting some bitter fruits before you grow your own beautiful tree.

Its being selfish for the right reasons. Its taking risks. Its emerging into unknown..but with a different outlook.

Now, i thought i did all those. And maybe i tried few avenues but im as lost as i was before i arrived here. When and how it went wrong? I cannot answer this question myself. My ego tells me i tried everything, i made strides, i AM different, i AM better person....because i don't gamble. Ha...what sweet lies are those huh.

Reality is, even if i dont gamble, i well & truly messed myself up. The most important part in recovery (in my view) is to reconnect with yourself emotionally and spiritually. I did just the opposite. Lost that gem somewhere along my path. Im emotionless..and even if i want to fight with my all against this "no emotion", i keep failing.

The beauty of recovery - you can try again and again as many times as you want. There is no limit. That is very hopeful indeed.

But,...if you do the same things you did before, how can you expect different results?

A lot more mussings in this machine of the head but, it actually tires me out. My thoughts are not changing my actions...so what's the point?

Wish everyone a safe and fullfilling week. Make positive changes, brick by brick, it only helps to build that bridge ahead.

You got this.

S&B xx

Posted : 5th January 2020 5:02 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Further to the last, i can tell im unsettled today.

Thinking about trust...from an early age throughout our lives...its learned behaviour. From trusting your dad to catch you after throwing you up to the ceiling (i used to call this game a superman lol..and to be fair he always caught me and so that trust stayed within me towards my dad)...to trusting your school friends of meeting point & time, to trusting your boyfriend having control of a motorcycle and promising to be careful and not to splatter you all over the road...

I am sure a point comes in life when the trust is broken. Small or big. It gest broken. Its inevitable. Simply because we go through so many situations in life, meet so many different personalities as a result. The space for the doubt gets created automatically. Even if someone never let you down before, you still wonder how much trust you can put in...and, as grown human being, you also have consciousness alongside you. This provides you with a choice. You learn to read at least a bit into situation to make those decisions.

Its very hard job to get the trust back. In my own experience, i know there are many souls who i wouldn't ever trust again and i also know others wouldn't trust me...we learn from experiences.

What about if we cannot trust ourselves? If we break those promises to ourselves. How does it affect us? Are we more trusting ourselves even knowing we broke the promise? Are we more forgiving towards ourselves? Its a interesting one. No matter how much i trust my own actions, let's say, not to gamble again, experience shows me that i am possibly lying to myself. Why? Because i broke that promise already, and not even once. 

Actions not words. This is the major factor in repairing those cracks. The "piece" will never be the same, smooth and shiny. It will be slightly different. But still the same piece. Even if we are not able to build something back to it's perfection, the attention and dedication to make it as good as before is the key. It takes time and it also takes determination. This also puts more passion for detail, most likely creating something slightly new...maybe even better sometimes.

These thoughts about trust brought me to thoughts of loneliness. Again, all connected. I absolutely adored the safety of my own company for a long time. Of course i can trust myself can't i? No, i reached the point where i lost the balance using this lonely space for my benefit. It became painful and unbearable. Chuck few dissapointing decisions i, myself made and i soon realised im falling down to oblivion.

So now i have two issues (apart from thousand others). I have no trust in myself and i am struggling with loneliness. Both together can be very damaging. One mind can be great asset but it never beats two. I think thats why recovery groups works in a way. Its the collective mindset which helps your own mind to make better decisions...and build that trust again.

Fear of loneliness. Do we all have it? Is it habitual? Baby is scared to be left on their own, elderly person is fearful to spend last days on their own too...we were not created to spend life on earth on our own i guess..

So many fears and emotions huh...fascinating when you think about human and what makes them who they are...

S&B xx

Posted : 5th January 2020 8:04 pm
Page 277 / 338

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close