13 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

I gambled yesterday.

Fortunately I had limited access to money so losses were minimal.

I feel deflated & disappointed but determined to try again.

Stephen 

Posted : 11th September 2019 1:03 am
holycrosser
(@holycrosser)

Dust yaself down.Start again 

Posted : 11th September 2019 6:00 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Yup... life goes on. Don't let a gambling event stop you from posting. Its clearly something you enjoy doing so keep doing it whatever happens.

Regards... S.A 

Posted : 11th September 2019 9:06 am
holycrosser
(@holycrosser)

its gonna happen for the vast majority, as long as you go another long period there’s no damage done to you, we all do things our own way.

keep going 

Posted : 11th September 2019 2:42 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thankyou Holycrosser & S.A for your support and encouragement.

Hello Diary.

There is not a lot to say at the moment as I am feeling subdued.

Given my hair a No. 1 and had a shave to symbolise a fresh start.

Starting at midnight tonight I am going to live on porridge with water, fruit, nuts, black coffee and herbal tea for a week as a form of penance. I have plenty of money on my tesco gift card but think the gesture will be helpful to my recovery. A sacrifice to impress on myself that gambling cannot be tolerated and will not go unpunished.

Stephen x

Posted : 11th September 2019 5:47 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Posted by: Stalwart Stephen

Thankyou Holycrosser & S.A for your support and encouragement.

Hello Diary.

There is not a lot to say at the moment as I am feeling subdued.

Given my hair a No. 1 and had a shave to symbolise a fresh start.

Starting at midnight tonight I am going to live on porridge with water, fruit, nuts, black coffee and herbal tea for a week as a form of penance. I have plenty of money on my tesco gift card but think the gesture will be helpful to my recovery. A sacrifice to impress on myself that gambling cannot be tolerated and will not go unpunished.

Stephen x

I have given it some thought and have decided to make the diet 10 days and have added rice, tomatoes, garlic and extra virgin olive oil to the list of things I can eat. So here is the list:

Porridge made with water.

Fruit / Fruit Juice

Nuts / Seeds 

Rice

Tomatoes

Garlic

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Black Coffee / Herbal Tea

Starts @ midnight tonight for 10 days.

Gambling will not be tolerated and will not go unpunished.

Stephen x 

This post was modified 5 years ago by Aum

Posted : 11th September 2019 6:27 pm
DramaLlama
(@dramallama)

Sorry to hear you had a blip on the road to recovery. It sounds like you are being way harsh on yourself over it. I don't know that I agree with punishment as a cure for the punishment you've already put yourself through. 

I wonder if maybe treating yourself to your favourite meal and being thankful for providing for and loving yourself with some healthy food might not be a better way. 

I'm no expert it just seems harsh mate. 

Take care of you. 

Drama xoxoxo

Posted : 11th September 2019 10:33 pm
holycrosser
(@holycrosser)

Tend to agree with above.You dont need penance. 

However if it works for you then fair enough.

Well done for being honest

Posted : 12th September 2019 5:30 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thankyou for posting Holycrosser & DramaLlama.

Anything is worth a try and maybe the penance will bring about a positive outcome.

Hello Diary

Self exclusion from the betting shops does not stop me if I am determined to gamble. I have no one to look after my finances so make sure I pay bills on time, pay some extra rent when I get paid and put money on a supermarket gift card so that keeps me from getting into trouble.

My state pension has gone in bank this morning which is a worry but I am meeting friends this afternoon who are singing for a charity at a care home so I will enjoy joining in with that.

Stephen x 

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 12th September 2019 11:37 am
DramaLlama
(@dramallama)

Singing for a care home sounds like a wonderful thing. I've had some experience with visiting care homes through Church and knowing old people and it's great how animated people get with a bit of stimuli. Well done you. I hope you are feeling better in yourself and ready to stop with the punishment regime. You don't deserve it. You deserve a wonderful life full of happy things not gambling and beating yourself up about it. 

Take care of you. 

Drama xoxoxox

Posted : 12th September 2019 9:25 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thankyou DramaLlama, I had a lot of fun yesterday. 

Visited a day care centre for people with dementia. Friends working with a charity had arranged entertainment with a comedy poet who was very funny, followed by cutting stuff out of magazines to make collages and finally an absolutely brilliant singer who got everyone waving their arms, tapping their feet and singing along. I was up dancing and a very elderly lady struggled to her feet and joined me for a dance. Everybody seemed to have a great time.

Stephen x 

Posted : 13th September 2019 9:08 am
holycrosser
(@holycrosser)

Doing different things is great isn’t it.

Posted : 13th September 2019 1:15 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

I put my weekly pension in a gambling machine today but have money on tesco gift card so won't go hungry.

This is a diary of a loser so I won't post on here anymore.

I will start a new diary.

Stephen x 

------------THIS DIARY IS FINISHED----------

Posted : 13th September 2019 6:47 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close