fresh start

1,154 Posts
70 Users
2 Likes
80.3 K Views
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Thank you admin. I have managed to put it to the back of me mind and I just have to get on with it. Got a lot more betting shops blocked

Posted : 22nd December 2021 9:40 am
Forum admin reacted
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Blown £**** on fobt not much more to say 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 11th January 2022 2:48 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

sorry to hear that mate.

Dig deep. You will get back on the recovery wagon when your ready.

Posted : 12th January 2022 3:46 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

I have done this so many times. All rational thinking goes out the window when I play these fobt. Got a night away booked in Newcastle this weekend for partner birthday but I just can’t get up for going. Cheers for the support s.a feel like me and you have been on here a lifetime. 

Posted : 12th January 2022 8:19 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Boro,

Me too, I did that so many times almost 5 decades. Of course it's bad, it's sad but not the end of the world. Make your addiction a distant memory, realize you might have the odd win ( or should I say return ) but it's a carrot to keep us biting & nibbling conning us into the belief the big return is coming any time soon. Trust me it isn't mate.

If you still have enough money left invest it wisely into making your partners a birthday a night to remember. Ask yourself this, who deserves it most ?. Her or the gambling dens.

Best Wishes

AL

Posted : 13th January 2022 12:51 am
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Yeah it hasn’t put me in debt slowlearner so still got money so that we can still have a good time. It’s trying to get it out my head what I have done again. She deserves so much I have told her what I have done and she been very understanding. Thanks for your comment slowlearner 

Posted : 13th January 2022 11:24 am
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Still feel very guilty at what I could have done with money. But I’m ok

Posted : 17th January 2022 8:54 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Something I have noticed on here you don’t get as many diary as there used to be. Things going ok no thoughts of fobt and how much I lost 

Posted : 19th January 2022 9:34 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Yes I agree, people post less than what they are use to. By the way if its any consolation iv'e fallen off the wagon to after a period of time off it. It feels like a life sentence this thing they call gambling

Posted : 20th January 2022 12:08 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

It’s no consolation mate your a good bloke. I think me and you will be like this for the rest of our lives you lose on fobt like 

Posted : 20th January 2022 12:14 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Done me b******s in again that’s over 2 grand in a month. Really sick and tired putting a brave face on for me partner can’t tell her about it this time 

Posted : 27th January 2022 5:06 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Today us a good day to start again...

And maybe come clean, nothing changes  if nothing  changes 

Posted : 27th January 2022 9:18 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

I am at that point when I think I never beat my fobt addiction. No matter what I lose or how much money I lose I still do it. I told her about the £1500 I think she’d get very angry with me doing it again. Got so much to lose but nothing stops me playing on them machines. 

Posted : 28th January 2022 8:17 am
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@boro 

Do you want to stop living in pain and fears and have a healthier life.

It is just about today I will not gamble and try to get meetings.

Dave L

Posted : 28th January 2022 6:38 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Hi... the more you do it the more the habit gets entrenched. That's been my experience anyway. They are designed to take your money. You convince yourself that its bound to pay out eventually and then it doesn't even after hundred's of pounds and then some lucky punter will take all your money the following day.

As we both know... the only solution... don't put the first note in and then you can't put the second in.

All the best mate

Posted : 29th January 2022 3:36 pm
Page 74 / 77

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close