fresh start

1,154 Posts
70 Users
2 Likes
80.3 K Views
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Well that's addiction for you.... some of the reasons I relapse are...

1. Despite everything that has gone before I still convince myself that I can win some money... somehow that this time it will be different, and..

2. I simply get excited at the idea of gambling... the anticipation of gambling can feel intoxicating.

3. I get to switch off from life and stress whilst in action... in my own little bubble

4. Remember that gambling in all its forms is designed to be addictive. Its designed to keep you playing...

Posted : 5th December 2019 12:14 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

I crave the buzz of a win. When that bar lands in the green bit the thought is it might be a big win. But all I did yesterday was lose money and embarrass myself. All the money I have lost in the past but yesterday was just plain stupid 

Posted : 5th December 2019 6:41 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

I totally get the embarrassing bit. The last time I gambled I was the only one in the shop sitting at the machine like a complete numpty watching the reels spin whilst the cleaner mopped around me. I think she wanted me to move the stool a bit but I didn't. I desparately wanted to get the hell out  but I just couldn't untill all my money had gone.... let us not do these stupid things anymore

Posted : 5th December 2019 8:23 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

When we are in that zone SA the place could be on fire and we would still sit there stirring at screen hoping for a win. It’s quite pathetic really because we are both decent people and deserve better. 

Posted : 6th December 2019 7:21 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Many years ago I was gambling in an arcade in central London. Suddenly armed police came in and ordered us all out, cos there was an armed robbery in progress next door.

I was the last to leave...didn't they realise that the jackpot was the next spin!!

Like you say... quite pathetic.. we deserve better!!

Posted : 7th December 2019 8:50 am
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Mam and brother having a go at me. I don’t need it I really don’t. Me brother gambles ridiculous amounts of money on horses so he can shut the f**k up. Me mam just concerned but I don’t need people having a go at me. I feel sick myself 

Posted : 7th December 2019 1:48 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Sometimes we have to block our families out Boro, I did. Jus surround yourself with folk that are on your side x

Posted : 7th December 2019 2:29 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Feeling better today. Yeah it just hurts even more when people have a go.

Posted : 8th December 2019 12:41 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Gamble wise things all good. But everything else pretty s**t. Ex girlfriend mother having a go at me for the way I treat my children. The only thing I have done is ask everyweek if there are coming over but there is always an excuse for them not to come over. It’s really starting to P**s me off especially the way her daughter has treat me which her mam knows nothing about. I feel used because there always come over for a birthday or next week because it’s Christmas. I’m pretty sick with whole situation 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 22nd December 2019 4:06 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

No fobt gambling since I lasted posted. Things going ok at the minute 

Posted : 11th February 2020 8:00 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Good to hear that! 🙂

Posted : 11th February 2020 8:30 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

cheers Sa appreciate it mate.

Posted : 11th February 2020 8:41 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Life without playing on fobt is so much better. Still get that urge now and then but with me been basically kicked out a few betting shops because I was banned it’s made me realise I would have to drive a canny distance to play on them. I have no doubt if I wasn’t banned I’d have been on them again just need to stay strong 

Posted : 15th February 2020 7:46 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

No gambling at all. With betting shops shut it pretty much stops gambling at all,. All blocks in place online and never been a big gambler online anyway. Life great apart from this coronavirus and working in a supermarket. But everything else going well got a woman in my life now. Everybody stay save and we must stay home wear possible 

Posted : 12th April 2020 9:01 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello Boro

Well done on remaining gamble free. Sounds like your life is getting better. Do keep updating us on your progress!

Take care,

Deirdre
Forum Admin

Posted : 12th April 2020 9:11 pm
Page 71 / 77

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close