Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

How you doing anyway signalman? Think I read nearly a year 

Posted : 1st August 2019 8:52 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

I'm ok thanks ?

Really great to hear you're off the gamble and concentrating on other things in your life ? it's amazing how effective that blanket ban thing has been for you! How long does it last for?

Yeah nearly a year for me now... In all honesty I've been prolonged periods of time before without gambling, once the damage has healed somewhat I usually return, however this time I did so much damage that I'm hoping it's enough to put me off forever ? here's hoping!

I keep working this recovery though, I know GA isn't for everyone but it certainly works for me and it's so reassuring to know it's out there for me week in week out whenever I need it (which is most weeks)

This post was modified 5 years ago by signalman

Posted : 3rd August 2019 2:22 am
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

It last for a year but I can’t go in a betting  shop till December next year. But all I have to do when years up is phone up and get the ban again. Every time I have self excluded before always been one or two betting shops I wasn’t excluded from. Like the small named ones but this time total ban within a 15 mile radius. But it’s great your doing well but we have to remember I don’t think we will ever beat the addiction we will always have to have our guard up

Posted : 3rd August 2019 11:52 am
signalman
(@signalman)

Yes mate you're not wrong ?

Stay strong bro

Thanks for the info on the self-exclusion, useful for me and other people on here for sure.

This post was modified 5 years ago by signalman

Posted : 3rd August 2019 11:57 am
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Still not played on the fobt for a long time now and do not miss playing them. Self exclusion does work you just need to be strong and make sure your band from every betting shop that’s local. I even have my cash card  now which I could never trust myself again when I new I wasn’t excluded from local betting shops. Still have to have me guard up but things going well

This post was modified 5 years ago by Boro

Posted : 29th August 2019 2:59 pm
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)

Posted by: Boro

Still not played on the fobt for a long time now and do not miss playing them.

terrific stuff Boro

Posted : 29th August 2019 5:17 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Cheers k2 appreciate it

Posted : 30th August 2019 6:38 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Still going strong. A lot of the regulars on here seemed to have gone I hope they are all ok. Also doesn’t seemed to be used as much as it used to be as well. 

Posted : 6th September 2019 9:27 pm
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)

Hi Boro,

Not sure why regulars and some old timers have drifted away.

I'm pretty sure Alwalm (slowlearner) is ok, just easing off on the form for a while.

I miss Signalman, and like any frequent poster, once they stop, I'm hoping they are ok.

Anyways, it lifts my spirits to see someone like yourself still going strong.

I think self exclusion in any form is a brilliant too - and it depresses me to hear anyone say they are going to try and quit by will power alone - like self exclusion is some form of weakness.

I've done pretty well this last year, but I know without being excluded I would have lapsed many times and would have gone into full self destruct mode.

Keep going mate.

Posted : 7th September 2019 3:27 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

I think the majority drift away because they are gambling again k2.  On to self exclusion I didn’t think it used to work tbh because I have been self excluded before but would always leave 1 or 2 which I wouldn’t be excluded wear as this multi self exclusion is brilliant because I’m banded from everyone in local area. Saying that I could possibly go in but the embarrassment of being kicked out definitely puts me off. Saying that I have not been tempted. Pleased things are going well for you k2

This post was modified 5 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 7th September 2019 9:50 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Not played on the fobt for a long time and not really thought about playing them. So like I have said before multi-self exclusion works. 

Posted : 14th October 2019 8:29 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Gambling wise I’m in the best place I have been for a long time. No debt no urge whatsoever to play fobt anymore long may it continue. Daughter wants a pc for Christmas it’s nice to think I can afford it wear as before I’d lose £xxx in a matter of minutes playing  roulette on the fobt. Must stay strong I know I will. Life without fobt is a hell of a lot better. Shame it’s taken two failed relationships and a lot of debt to realise.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Boro
This post was modified 5 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 19th October 2019 10:34 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

Powerful message mate. It's really good to hear from you and I'm glad you mentioned the bit about staying strong as you're every bit aware that this addiction lies in wait.

I hope you have a magic Christmas... Should be the best one in ages if you can keep this up, for you and your family ✊

Posted : 19th October 2019 11:11 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

I got my first little urge Monday night to go and play on the fobt. I was working late at work and fancied something to eat for my supper but the betting shops next to Chinese I’m banned from this betting shop but I thought it’s late nobody be bothered only had a small amount of money on me. But I thought I might win 70-100 but then I thought to myself it’s pointless the only thing I end up doing is me having no money left to get something to eat. So just got my takeaway and forgot about playing them. Saying that the Chinese was awful lol

This post was modified 4 years ago by Boro

Posted : 23rd October 2019 11:49 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @boro,

the situation above is a classic trigger situation (late at night, money on you, walking past the bookies) so it is unsurprising that you had a bit of an urge. Well done for staying strong though, and this is a good reminder not to become complacent.

Sorry about the Chinese!

Keep up the focus and keep up the good work.

All the best,

Eva

Forum Admin

Posted : 24th October 2019 10:50 am
Page 69 / 77

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close