Final Chance

291 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
17.2 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations are in order for Chartom who is 397 days without a bet.

I applaud your excellent progress. It takes a lot of courage, resilience and understanding to overcome the urges to gamble.

We all know have difficult this journey is, so it good to see friends like yourself who are winning their battles. Being gamble free doesn't necessarily mean that life will be a bed of roses but at least it makes it more meaningful, less stressful and a bit more fun. Keep blazing that trail my friend ... stephen

Posted : 11th January 2019 11:44 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Thank you Stephen for your kind words ....... 400 days gamble free for me today,really proud to have came this far and while the urges to have a punt are always there sometimes stronger than others the strong blocks i now have in place are very much doing there job.Signing up to Gamstop has been a godsend to me and i would strongly recommend it to anyone whos problems have been with online gambling, it really does work well.Need to keep my focus as i know to well a slip is never far away, but really dont want to throw away all my hard work and mess up the better life that a now have.Its hard work for me but the benifits are very much worth it.

Posted : 13th January 2019 12:45 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Hello Diary ..... my first post in a while and have to admit i have been struggling a bit lately, some of the old bad feelings have returned and without my blocks in place i would no doubt be back to square one. Why would i want to return to a life of misery? Who knows but really dont want to undo all my hard work so will continue to fight hard not to place that first bet then the others cant follow. Just goes to show that even after a long spell of doing well those pesky gambling thoughts are never far away and i must keep my guard up at all times.

Posted : 7th February 2019 6:27 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Hello Diary ..... have not posted in here for a while but have still been checking in weekly on the 2019 Challenge.I used to kid myself when i gambled that i was trying to win money for a better lifestyle for my myself and family but guess what by abstaining now for 555 days i have been able to do that very thing. To anyone just starting out in there gamble free journey, please stick at it and get through those early stages cause i promise things can, and will start to get better.

Posted : 17th June 2019 1:11 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Really proud of you Chartom my friend.

I have written a little note with Chartom 555 days gamble free on it and stuck it on my kitchen wall.

We have shared this journey for a long time and if I hadn't been so weak minded, I would be where you are now. 

I am going to use your success as one of my sources of inspiration. I am now 13 days without a bet and this time I am going to follow your example and beat this addiction once and for all.

I wish you every happiness as you continue on your journey.

Stephen 

Posted : 17th June 2019 5:26 pm
 A 9
(@alan-135)

"556" is a magical number buddy , so be very proud of all you've achieved so far and with much more to come 🙂

I think we all kidded ourselves for so many years that we lost all sense of reality but it's not until we stop and get some clarity back in our lives that we begin to see it ? ... 

Wishing you well bud and keep on keeping on 🙂 

Alan  

Posted : 18th June 2019 4:43 pm
Page 20 / 20

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close