Don't Turn Around

219 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
13.6 K Views
changemylife
(@changemylife)

Smashed. Thanks for your post on my diary. I'm doing fine mate and keeping strong-willed and optimistic. Glad you are settling into your new job - it takes awhile to settle in, meet the challenges and be prolific. But you will be brilliant.

Keep on striding towards your dreams and stay in control.

I think of you and the gambling journey from time to time, but don't post very often.

See you in Tenerife!

Posted : 2nd July 2019 1:33 pm
Smashed
(@smashed)
Topic starter

Have not been on the forums for ages, been so busy. So a quick update, my new job is going well been 6 months now and it is full on for 5 days a week but I get the weekends and evenings to try and strive to work for myself one day, and have taken action to keep focusing on that soooo . Move into a studio space next Monday to pursue the real dream path, I'm really excited about the prospect of it all. Keeping the mind space always focused on moving forward is a good place too be in, does the gambling mind still try it's best to come back, of course it does, but I know it's moves and keeping the mind always alternativly focused is a blessing. I hope everyone is staying focused, it's been over 2 years since my first post and a d**n lot has changed, it does change, find your path and keep going, as 2 years ago I never wanted to be around anymore, gambling had put me in that place. Don't Turn Around.

Posted : 5th September 2019 6:00 am
Sharon41
(@sharon41)

What an inspirational post, great to hear you edging forward to your dream. Take care S 🙂

Posted : 5th September 2019 8:14 pm
changemylife
(@changemylife)

That's amazing Smashed - you getting your own studio space, I'm proud of you. It's all due to your hard work, inner belief and self control. Keep looking forward!

On the gambling front - you really have 'walked the walk'. A true inspiration to many. As you say, the thoughts still come back from time to time, but as you have shown abstinence can be achieved, particularly through mind control.

Posted : 7th October 2019 11:36 pm
changemylife
(@changemylife)

Hello mate. It's been a while and the world has been turned upside down. I was thinking of you when you travelled to Tenerife when the pandemic was in its early stages. I just thought: I hope that you are safe and well as it had affected many tourists during this time.

Keep up the good work my friend. Onwards and upwards, facing the problems and challenges, without a notion for gambling. 

Posted : 20th May 2020 10:23 pm
Smashed
(@smashed)
Topic starter

Thanks for checking in, I'm good as I can be during these times. Still focused. Had gambling urges(loads of times) but I know where it goes, and I bet(pun) a lot of people are unknowingly getting dragged into the online world and have no inclination of the perils that await, as if the pandemic isn't enough, to come out of it an dazed online addict. We've seen the story many times before.

Posted : 22nd May 2020 4:40 pm
Smashed
(@smashed)
Topic starter

1000 Days, thought it was impossible looking back. It's even harder than it was back then as there are loopholes at every junction. Stay Focused. Don't Turn Around.

Posted : 12th September 2020 10:33 pm
changemylife
(@changemylife)

Over 1000 days gambling free Smashed! Now THAT is an achievement. But as you say, it never goes away. And in some respects it's now even harder to completely dismiss all notions of gambling. That's how our crazy minds work... memories, experiences, highs & lows. Character definition formed over many years.

But what now keeps us intact, safe and in control? Fear and knowledge. Fear of the prospect of being drawn back into gambling. Knowing that just one simple £10 bet could escalate to thousands more pounds of debt. Acknowledging that the chances of profiting are futile, whereas the chances of ending up in the gutter with serious health issues are possible. 

You're doing great buddy. Live. Love & Enjoy. 

Martin 

Posted : 30th October 2020 8:21 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Excellent progress Smashed on maintaining a positive approach to recovery. Your determination and resilience has shown you to be a man of honour, courage and integrity.

Wishing you every success and happiness as you continue on your gamble free adventure.

Respect from Stephen 

Posted : 31st October 2020 3:41 pm
Page 15 / 15

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close