Back Again - 02/08/2019

20 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
L9LC
 L9LC
(@unknown-l)
Topic starter

Back again after not visiting for over a month. I've relapsed, decided to come back again.. How many time's have I come back now... I have money but my debts are getting a bit out of hand. I'm on a debt management plan, but I also have some other credit to take care of. Been gambling for about 3 years, lost lots. I'm 20 years old. Decent job. Bright future. 

Blocks in place but always find my way around them. Only positive is that I haven't visited the bookies in about 2 months. Staying that way. I've saved some money from the last month and so that I haven't gambled, but I've just given a bit back, and feel angry. Which usually leads to me chasing it. 

Starting again. Not looking for sympathy. This time will be better. I've proven that I can stop. I will do it again.

Posted : 2nd August 2019 12:47 pm
L9LC
 L9LC
(@unknown-l)
Topic starter

As I gambled today I'm just going to get on with the day. Keeping myself busy on the weekend, try to forgot about my recent relapse. Tomorrow is day 1.

Posted : 2nd August 2019 12:50 pm
(@mike2512)

your 20 years old and hopefully you do have a bright future. 9 years ago when I was your age I was gambling whilst have very little responsibility, still lived at home, no rent or car to pay for, just get paid and do what I want. This is the stage of your life where you become yourself. Dont end up like me being nearly 30 years old with nothing. Theres still loads of time. If you havent told people you have a problem my advice would be to tell friends and family, whilst the damage isnt too bad to fix, get them on your side and help you before your relapse to too hard to manage. I hope this is useful advice

Posted : 2nd August 2019 1:28 pm
Winterishere
(@winterishere)

Hi mate

Have you registered with GamStop?

You'll struggle to open up online accounts once it's in place

All the best bud

Posted : 2nd August 2019 5:16 pm
(@mikey42)

Like your thinking wish i was as strong as you. This week i opened a new bank account to transfer most of my money in to it and keep the card at home when i go out otherwise ill be straight in the bookies. Stay strong brother.

Posted : 2nd August 2019 11:05 pm
Jam198
(@jam198)

Hi mate

I read your thread which inspired me to join the gamcare community, I’m 20 years old myself and identify with all of your characteristics.

Hope I’ve finally thrown my last dice alike you!

Again I’m not looking for sympathy myself, just some help and guidance.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Jam198

Posted : 3rd August 2019 2:39 pm
L9LC
 L9LC
(@unknown-l)
Topic starter

Good mate, I'm happy that you have joined!

Posted : 7th August 2019 4:04 pm
L9LC
 L9LC
(@unknown-l)
Topic starter

I forgot to start posting on here so I'm going to start now!

Day 1 - I've been here before, lots of time's. All of my blocks are still in place, just like before. Even though they aren't the most secure... Looking for better blocks, the more blocks I have the more wall's will have to be broken down to gamble! August is a really busy month for me, I don't want to have to stress about money! Hope everyone is well, all comments appreciated.

Posted : 7th August 2019 4:06 pm
L9LC
 L9LC
(@unknown-l)
Topic starter

That's a really good move. Monzo allows you to block all gambling transactions, and move money into 'locked pots'. Look into it my friend.

Posted : 7th August 2019 4:10 pm
L9LC
 L9LC
(@unknown-l)
Topic starter

Posted by: Jam198

Hi mate

I read your thread which inspired me to join the gamcare community, I’m 20 years old myself and identify with all of your characteristics.

Hope I’ve finally thrown my last dice alike you!

Again I’m not looking for sympathy myself, just some help and guidance.

I'm glad you've joined!

Posted : 7th August 2019 4:12 pm
L9LC
 L9LC
(@unknown-l)
Topic starter

Day 2 - No gambling! Football starts tomorrow, good luck to me! And everyone else, now is the time we take control!

Posted : 8th August 2019 7:48 pm
L9LC
 L9LC
(@unknown-l)
Topic starter

Hello Everyone - Tomorrow will be back to day 1 for me. My blocks need improving. Too easy for me to have a bet on my mobile, even though I'm signed up to GamStop.

Posted : 11th August 2019 6:43 pm
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)

Sorry to hear of your relapse, Unknown. Unfortunately the football season restarting again always presents a fresh challenge to those sports betters, after perhaps finding life a bit easier over the Summer months. 

I would always suggest using Gamban but in particular, GamStop as I’ve found it to be an absolute game changer. But I see you’ve already said that you’re on that. So how are you still managing to gamble online? 

Posted : 11th August 2019 8:58 pm
L9LC
 L9LC
(@unknown-l)
Topic starter

Posted by: DeterminedDan

Sorry to hear of your relapse, Unknown. Unfortunately the football season restarting again always presents a fresh challenge to those sports betters, after perhaps finding life a bit easier over the Summer months. 

I would always suggest using Gamban but in particular, GamStop as I’ve found it to be an absolute game changer. But I see you’ve already said that you’re on that. So how are you still managing to gamble online? 

Hello - I'm not going to go into complete details. But its pretty easy to bypass computer blocks, using software that takes seconds to install. As for GamStop, I've signed up under different names, used friend's account etc. Just to get the buzz... So sad I know, but I guess this is why I'm a compulsive gambler. I haven't gambled today. I'm trying. It's hard when your friends gamble too.

Posted : 12th August 2019 1:14 pm
holycrosser
(@holycrosser)

Mate you need a complete rethink of your life.

you show the classic signs of getting in hoc deep by the time you are older, I’m over 50 and gambled all my life, bankrupt and divorced through it, what a waste now I look back I could have had such a great life but I threw it away.

please do this the proper way as you don’t seem to be able to control yourself, you know how.

good luck mate, it’s hard I know but if I can stop after 36 years you can.

Posted : 12th August 2019 2:16 pm
Page 1 / 2

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close