24 Users
0 Likes
21.6 K Views
Hazard2myself
(@hazard2myself)
Topic starter

Posted by: signalman

Hey Pras

Good luck with your assessment. Hope you get it in ok and all goes well ? ?

Hi Signalman thanks for the well wishes. Yes, I passed one last week and I have one more on tuesday ? Hope you're well and having a good weekend. Take care mate.

Posted : 11th May 2019 10:31 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations Pras for all you have achieved. 

I have followed your recovery since you first started your diary and have always been impressed by your positive attitude, courage and determination.

I wish you every happiness as you continue on your gamble free adventure ....Stephen 

Posted : 11th May 2019 10:56 pm
Hazard2myself
(@hazard2myself)
Topic starter

Thank you Stephen that's very kind and it's lovely to hear from you again.

It's been a mixed day today. I had an assessment in the morning which didn't go as well as I hoped for and rest of the day just spent being productive doing some chores. Early start tomorrow and rest of the week so early bed for me. I did not gamble today.

Posted : 14th May 2019 9:20 pm
Hazard2myself
(@hazard2myself)
Topic starter

It's been a long week full of days, nights, assessment, chores etc. I feel a little exhausted but equally happy that it's been a super busy week keeping my mind fully occupied on important things. 25 more days and I'll be gamble free for 500 DAYS!?

TGIF!!! ?

Posted : 17th May 2019 8:07 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

Sorry to hear the assessment didn't go as well as planned. Do you know if you passed? That's all that matters right? ?

And you can always take it again if needed? Probably cost I imagine but money better spent on your future than what we used to waste it on right?

Hope you passed anyway.

Posted : 18th May 2019 1:16 am
Hazard2myself
(@hazard2myself)
Topic starter

Hey Signalman, thanks man. Hope you're doing alright. No, the results are not out yet. It could take upto 4 weeks but I'm sure I'll have to resit because I ran out of time and still had plenty to do! Anyway I'm hoping to get the result soon so that I can move on to the next step. Fingers crossed. 

Posted : 23rd May 2019 9:18 pm
Hazard2myself
(@hazard2myself)
Topic starter

why is that everytime I try to watch something on youtube the gamban app keeps popping up asking for email address like every other second arrghhh ???? 

Posted : 30th May 2019 2:34 am
Hazard2myself
(@hazard2myself)
Topic starter

Last shift tonight and then off for a week! Happy days. 488 days GF.

Posted : 30th May 2019 10:22 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

why is that everytime I try to watch something on youtube the gamban app keeps popping up asking for email address like every other second arrghhh ???? 

Hey - just seen this... This was happening to me, I emailed them. 

The first time it happened they told me to clear the cache of the browser and restart the device and that worked.

The second time it happened that didn't work and they had to do something their end and it was fixed

Hope you get it sorted!

And have a fab week off mate! ?

Posted : 30th May 2019 11:09 pm
Hazard2myself
(@hazard2myself)
Topic starter

I can't believe that it's been 500 days since I had my last bet. There was a time I couldn't keep gambling out of my head. It would on my mind from the dawn till the dusk and now it rarely crosses my mind because I keep myself busy on things that matter and are important to me and my well being. 

Currently reading this book called The Tattooist of Auschwitz and it's quite touching from so far I've read. Time to continue reading...

Posted : 11th June 2019 9:34 pm
sjw
 sjw
(@sjw)

Congrats Pras, nice little milestone! Look after yourself 🙂

Posted : 11th June 2019 9:44 pm
 A 9
(@alan-135)

Hi Pras :)) 

Huge congratulation's buddy on reaching 500 day's gamble free and I'm made up that what your doing's working for you . 

Keep pushing on mate and as always it's a pleasure to walk alongside you 🙂 

Best wishes 

Alan  

Posted : 11th June 2019 9:56 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations on a great achievement Pras.

Your inspirational journey has sent out a very positive message to me.

My thinking at the moment is:  "Pras has done 500 days gamble free and I can do the same."

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 11th June 2019 11:01 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

Hi mate

Thanks a lot for passing by my diary. Always a pleasure to hear from you ?

Yeah email gamban about that problem, they do something their end then mail you back and tell you to restart your phone. That normally fixes it. It's annoying when it happens isn't it!

Major congrats on 500 days man. You're flying now, keep on keeping on... Youre good at keeping your feet on the ground so I know you'll stay focused and won't get ahead of yourself.

It's mad isn't it... Let your guard down for just a second and we could undo all our good work in an hour or two. It really does signify just how dangerous gambling addiction can be if you don't stay on top of it at all times. 

The hardest part is finally making that decision to do something about it, well that's what I found anyway. To admit defeat and start making lifelong changes in behaviour, attitude and outlook is not easy to accept and implement. 

I hate the fact that the gambling adverts that I occasionally come across always seem to feature a person winning a buttload of money, I don't think this should be allowed... Because the chances of losing a buttload of money are usually more prominent. It's all well and good telling us to gamble responsibly at the end but how's about they advertise responsibly in the first place?

Anyway - that's enough from me! Take care of yourself and keep in touch! I'm going through a lull period at the moment where I'm feeling a bit alone in all this... Day-to-day can be tough sometimes once the highs and lows of gambling are taken away... The plateau feels alien to me and at times I guess every day just seems to merge into the other... Need to find more meaning in my life I guess...

Consequently I don't feel much like posting on my diary for a bit but please drop me a line when you're about, as you know - hearing about your productivity and pro-active approach always gives me a boost!

Take care ?

Love to the missus and the dog! ? Hope your furry friend is feeling better now?

This post was modified 5 years ago by signalman

Posted : 12th June 2019 1:58 am
Hazard2myself
(@hazard2myself)
Topic starter

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I'm truly grateful. 

I have a news to share with you guys. We are moving to Malta next month! Well, I'm going there first next week because of the start date of my new job. I'll come back in August and help the missus move our dogs and few belongings. Very excited to start our new chapter in the Mediterranean. 

Two weeks ago I was invited for 3 interviews including a skype interview so, I flew there on my own. Although I was alone with some cash for the short stay, I was fully focused on landing a job and gambling never crossed my mind. I kept hold of all the receipts albeit different currency. By the end of the week I was offered two jobs and the skype interview was successful but they are still working on the date for the final interview. After discussing with the missus, drawing pros and cons for the both jobs we decided to go for the job which was best suited to me in terms of everything so ya I feel very fortunate to have a job even before we move! It helps us settle there massively when it comes to expenses and stuff. I don't think I've ever turned down a job offer ever before so that was definitely a new yet weird experience. 

We made this plan over a year ago (I know I kept it a secret..just didn't want to jinx it) and it wouldn't have happened without the support I've received from you guys to stay off gambling. It just shows that if you truly believe in something and you put all your energy and effort to achieve it, I think you can definitely achieve it. 

Let's leave GAMBLING well and truly behind us and let's rebuild our life. It's never too late to start something positive but we must stick to the plan and we must never give up.

Don't Stop Believing....520 days GF.

Posted : 2nd July 2019 3:09 am
Page 27 / 28

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close