324 days gamble free

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@takenafirststep)
Topic starter

Good evening just wanted to write a little post as haven't been active on here for a while. 

It's been 324 days since I have last gambled .... Crazy just wanted to say for those just starting out it does get easier.

I was gambling every day and adverts were a trigger I wasn't able to watch tv at night for a long while because it would get in my head candy crush was my go to when I wanted to gamble. 

My need for gambling seemed to be trigger around the bereavement of my mum. The adverts seem to be increasing again but it's not something I miss or want to do anymore ( I had gambled for 12 years or so most days.

Posted : 23rd February 2021 11:59 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear takenafirststep

Congratulations on being gamble free for 324 days that it  a fantastic achievement, you should be really proud. 

Keep up the brilliant progress

John 

Forum Admin

Posted : 24th February 2021 7:28 am
(@holly66)

A fantastic reminder it can be done 

Congratulations on 324 days 

Holly 

Posted : 24th February 2021 9:08 am
(@beat_gambling_today)

Posted by: takenafirststep

Good evening just wanted to write a little post as haven't been active on here for a while. 

It's been 324 days since I have last gambled .... Crazy just wanted to say for those just starting out it does get easier.

I was gambling every day and adverts were a trigger I wasn't able to watch tv at night for a long while because it would get in my head candy crush was my go to when I wanted to gamble. 

My need for gambling seemed to be trigger around the bereavement of my mum. The adverts seem to be increasing again but it's not something I miss or want to do anymore ( I had gambled for 12 years or so most days.

Hey buddy. Congratulations on your gamble-free status and thanks for sharing. A question for you or anyone in a similar situation... You say it gets easier, I agree... I am 112 days gamble-free... I still think about how relieved I am to be ‘out of’ the gambling trap every day without fail and it fills me with a sense of achievement BUT what is your biggest daily challenge around gambling now? Like; what does it feel like to be almost a year free? I’m finding it 7/10 easy but some days are tough however I had more tough days at the very start of my recovery. Is it a case that the tough days for you are VERY rare nowadays? I’m not sure I am clear on what I am asking, if not I can rephrase. What tips have you got for somebody at my stage? I am very happy with my recovery at present, doing my family and myself proud. Always think of my little 4 year old daughter as I stay free day after day ❤️

Posted : 25th February 2021 12:54 am
Seanj777
(@seanj777)

Great news that. Hope your journey continues. 
All the best 

Posted : 25th February 2021 8:56 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close