166 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
24.3 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch. Your post got me thinking ?.

My daily ritual involves feeding the ducks and moorhens in the city centre gardens and I have noticed they just seem to do exactly what they are programmed to do.

That has led me to question the "Free Will" of us humans! 

Thoughts appear in the head

Causing some concern 

Does it depend on the wiring? 

Or things in life that we learn? 

Who is in control? 

Do neurons have a choice? 

Are hormones and emotions

Our one and only voice! 

Aum ?

Posted : 8th May 2021 1:35 pm
(@boo-radley)

You're a super trouper.. Super star. A champagne super nova.. And thst big long super Mary Poppins said..

Well done ... 

Boo ?

Posted : 9th May 2021 3:31 pm
(@rochg)

So Stephen is on

Doesn't need stress

Anymore

It's all about 

Feeling alive

Let's roll on to

295!

I read somewhere that the brain has billions of neurons and that each neuron can interact with thousands of other neurons and so we have lots of free will, I'd say ... we just need to keep our eyes on those pesky neurons that "go native"; thankfully we've got some excellent blocks for that 😉

I hope you had a great weekend Stephen, and, as the nights get lighter all the time, you're revving up for the week ahead 🙂 

Posted : 10th May 2021 7:45 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Boo & Roch. Your posts brought big smiles to my face ???.

Enjoying a great week getting out in the sunshine.

Life is good. 

Aum ?

Posted : 11th May 2021 11:52 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Well done on 300 day 

Posted : 11th May 2021 2:12 pm
(@charlieboy)

AUM......awesome......AUM !! ? how much further can he go ? As buzz lightyear  said.....Infinity and Beyond .....

Posted : 11th May 2021 3:44 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Scotty & Charlieboy for your wonderful posts on my diary. Your support has always played a big part in my recovery.

Saturday will see me arrive at 300 Days Gamble-Free and I am over the moon thinking about it.

Aum ?

Posted : 11th May 2021 5:25 pm
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen and hope all's well in Hull and you're enjoying the better weather, reflecting the better life that's going with it!  I haven't heard any "despatches from the duckpond" from you lately but hope it's a lively as ever.

I'm having a pesky brush with nature; a wasps nest in my garden. Well I think there is, if 20 wasps (I counted) is anything to go by.  How much to get it sorted? I don't want to get stung....!  (Sorry.) But... at least I've the spare cash to sort it out ... that's what being gambling free does, make life that bit more bearable when needed! 

Wishing you a fantastic next few days Stephen 🙂

Posted : 12th May 2021 8:21 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch, I have replied on your diary.

Latest from the ponds is 6 ducklings now over a month old and looking good.

In a different pond there are two Moorhen chicks. I believe the father is protecting whilst keeping them on the move. Twice I have seen him kick out at a rat. The chicks are nearly a month old now so it is looking promising and mum is sat on some more eggs which should be hatching soon. 

Started dieting a week ago but instead of losing weight I have gained a couple of pounds ?.

This weekend will see me celebrating 300 days gamble-free so will think about the diet next week.

Aum ?

Posted : 13th May 2021 2:02 am
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen, 

Thank you very much for your sage advice re, the wasps. Your ball-park projected estimates will ensure I don't get ripped off and this will also prompt me to act and stop my missus going on about it 😀

Glad to see family life continuing down the duckponds. I've said it before but it's a jungle out there isn't it; how fortunate we are to be born human with a comparatively far more peaceful existence!

I'm noting a very special day on Saturday; 300 days gambling-free.  I've always felt this is a very special target for lots of sound, logical reasons. And a sound stepping stone as you progress, one day at a time, from here. 

Looking forward to the party on the 15th 🙂 ! 

Posted : 13th May 2021 5:51 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch. Your support and encouragement has been a great help during my recovery.

Hello Diary ? ??

299 days gamble-free

Feeling gratitude 

Surfing the gamcare wave

Relaxed in a tranquil mood

Embracing a brand new life 

With open eyes that see

Angels by my side

On the road to liberty

Aum?

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 14th May 2021 1:02 pm
(@rochg)

And a very good afternoon to you Stephen!  Today's the day ... 300 days gambling free - that's a terrific achievement earned one respectful day at a time.  I hope that you can rightly feel relief that you've hit this target as it takes the heat off as you continue, one day at a time, to enjoy a better life away from the emptiness that gambling brings. Gambling seemed like a friend at first, but you (and I) know full well it's unacceptable true colours.

I've been on Gamcare, like you, for many years but I changed my Gamcare name because I wanted to return in a low key way, because I was rather prominent before and it didn't help my recovery long-term. I was Mixer 0as you may have suspected -  and I didn't want to tell anyone because of this; but, having reached Guru status yourself (remember that...!), I thought this would be the right time and a good time to share this with you.  We truly have been through the rollercoaster together over the years, but it feels different this time, somehow.

Today is all about you Stephen and may I congratulate you on this outstanding achievement - 10 solid months gambling free.  

Stephen has reached three hundred days

Each one different, in its own way

His eyes have opened, now he can see

Life's true colours, gambling free.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by RochG

Posted : 15th May 2021 3:39 pm
joannieb
(@joannieb)

Amazing!! Well done!! Inspirational ???

Posted : 15th May 2021 6:36 pm
(@vinnie)

Well done Stephen, ?

Posted : 15th May 2021 7:15 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

??300 Days Gamble-Free ?☺️

Thank you Roch, Joanne & Zoe. I appreciate your kind words.

It has been a strange day with a mixture of emotions but overall I am feeling very positive about the future.

My gratitude goes out to everyone in the gamcare community. Your support has played an enormous part in my recovery to date. 

Love, respect and best wishes. 

From

Stephen ?

This post was modified 3 years ago by Aum

Posted : 16th May 2021 1:06 am
Page 6 / 12

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close