28/03/21 - 251 Days GF - No Debt

166 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
24.3 K Views
Secret♡
(@secret-2)

Well done Aum, super proud of your achievement, not long now for that 1 year mark. ???

Posted : 10th July 2021 7:58 pm
joannieb
(@joannieb)

So well done Aum ? almost a year.. That is something to really celebrate ??

Also I would like to say that your posts have been so uplifting and you are always so supportive to so many ?

Posted : 11th July 2021 1:51 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Secret & Joannie. Your kind support means a lot to me ❤️.

Hello Diary.

Today my application for a retirement flat has been approved. I will be signing the agreement on Wednesday and have given the council 4 weeks notice of my leaving this flat which I have occupied for 26 years. 

My new home to be is very much to my liking and the residents I encountered seemed pleasant enough.

A new chapter in my life and being gamble-free means I can enjoy a meaningful retirement.

God bless Gamcare and all who have sailed in her ?

Aum, ?

Posted : 12th July 2021 8:28 pm
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen and beyond delighted to hear that your retirement flat has been approved.  Wonderful karma for which you are most deserved.  And thank you for your steadfast poem on my thread the other day.  I am back in the saddle and ready for another loooooooooong spell in recovery, the only place to be.

Wishing you all the best, as always, Stephen.

Posted : 13th July 2021 8:19 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Hello Aum,

Many thanks for the lovely message on my diary. 

Glad to hear positive news about your retirement flat. Bring on this new chapter. 
T xx

Posted : 13th July 2021 11:20 pm
stevenh60
(@stevenh60)

Hello there Aum,

Sorry I haven't been around much recently, so just bringing myself up to speed on the forums!

Congratulations on being successful in gaining a new home, I know that you've been thinking long and hard over it recently. I'm so pleased that it seems to offer what you need, so best wishes with the move and your new home.

Take Care 

Steven 

Posted : 16th July 2021 4:49 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Roch, Tizzy & Steven. Your kindness is very much appreciated.

Busy getting ready for moving. Waiting for new bed to be delivered in a week or two, than I will be off. 

Next Tuesday is my big day when I will be celebrating a full year gamble-free. 

Aum ?

Posted : 17th July 2021 10:36 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

In 48 hours I will have crossed the one year gamble-free line ??? 

Feeling very happy and looking forward to whatever comes my way.

Aum ?

Posted : 18th July 2021 9:13 am
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen. It is fantastic to see you about to cross the year gambling-free barrier, one day at a time.  We all know, including yours truly, how much commitment is required to do the right thing for us, those we care about and those who care about us.  My sincerest congratulations in anticipation!!

Here's what I've learned and continue to learn.  That we can live well when we don't gamble.  We don't need excessive money. Even if we have debts, these will clear and meantime we can live well. It's about the time, respect we have for life and those around us. 

You epitomise my thoughts Stephen, you are a pleasure to know 🙂

Posted : 18th July 2021 1:01 pm
(@adam123)

Yes my friend...... this is great news.....u must come on chat to celebrate!!!!!

Posted : 18th July 2021 5:01 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roche & Adam. The support and encouragement of good people like yourselves has played a massive part in my recovery.

One day to go ???

Aum ?

Posted : 19th July 2021 8:32 am
(@bladesman)

Hi, well it's only just past midnight but congratulations on reaching this milestone. You are always so supportive to others and deserve your own success. Onwards and upwards ????

Posted : 20th July 2021 12:34 am
Secret♡
(@secret-2)

Congratulations on reaching your 1 year mark, you have done brilliant ? good luck with the house move

Posted : 20th July 2021 7:10 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Bladesman & Secret. Your kindness and support are greatly appreciated.

Feeling very happy today and proud for reaching one full year gamble-free. 

Over the last twelve months I have paid off my debt. 

Brand new double bed will be delivered to new home tomorrow. 

Removals van arranged to move my belongings this Saturday. 

It is the start of a new chapter and I know I will enjoy life by remaining gamble-free. 

From the bottom of my heart I say a big thank you to all my fellow travellers, gamcare friends and the admin team. Your love and support has made it all possible and for that I will forever be grateful. 

Love and best wishes

Stephen x x x 

Aum ?

This post was modified 3 years ago by Aum

Posted : 20th July 2021 11:36 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello @Aum

Firstly a big congratulations on reaching one year gamble free, it's a big milestone and brilliant to hear that you are enjoying life and starting a new chapter. 

I am glad that you have found the support and help available from us useful to overcome the gambling and move forward.

Keep posting and sharing.

All the best, 

Sophie C

Forum Admin.

Posted : 20th July 2021 9:26 pm
Page 11 / 12

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close