166 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
24.3 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

I cannot describe the wonderful feeling of being free from debt. It is as though a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders.ย 

Reaching 250 Days GF yesterday has also had a profound effect on me.ย 

I sincerely believe a new chapter has started in my life and I look to the future with confidence and a smile.ย 

ย 

Aum ?

Posted : 28th March 2021 11:16 am
Winterishere
(@winterishere)

Brilliant. Good for you. Glad you're in a great position. Hope it continues going well for you ?

Posted : 28th March 2021 12:49 pm
(@greyville)

An amazing effort - well done and keep it up. Here's to day 252 and to taking it one day at a time.

Posted : 28th March 2021 12:50 pm
(@debsy371)

Over the moon for you. Great achievementย 

Posted : 28th March 2021 5:06 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Winterishere, Greyville & Debsy. Your support and encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Feeling good today and about to take advantage of the longer days with a refreshing walk to the riverside.ย 

ย 

Aum ?

Posted : 28th March 2021 5:46 pm
(@holly66)

Hi Aumย 

Congratulationsย 

You must be very proud of yourself to be at that point.

Always a support On here to so many people and itโ€™s lovely to read where you are nowย 

Enjoy the walksย 

Take careย 

Hollyย 

Posted : 28th March 2021 8:30 pm
(@charlieboy)

I'm sooo pleased for you. Massive achievement with the gamble free and the debt free, you're living the life now, keep going never look back ? ? ? ? ???

Posted : 28th March 2021 10:13 pm
(@rochg)

As you live that better, more fulfilled life on Day 253 I am inspired by your journey and the inner serenity this new life is bringing you is a joy to read. One valuable day of life at a time; living life as it should be lived ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted : 29th March 2021 9:53 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks for the kindness and support.ย 

I consider myself very fortunate to be sharing this journey of recovery with such wonderful friends:

Winterishere... You have had more than your fair share of knocks but I believe congratulations are in order as you are over 300 days away from your last bet.ย 

Charlieboy... Your compassion and helpful nature are inspiring. I will certainly be celebrating on Wednesday when you arrive at 300 Days GF.

Maria... You have been with us for a month now and I sincerely hope you are feeling good. The first month of recovery can be very challenging. Thank you for the three ducks ????.ย 

Holly... Researchers worldwide agree that a habit is developed in 66 days and you are now 66 days gamble free. Congratulations on your excellent progress.

Greyville & Debsy.... Congratulations on reaching the half century. Your determination and positivity make me happy.ย 

Roch....Many thanks for your continued support and encouragement. It is wonderful to see you are 77 days GF. Your determination and caring nature is heartwarming.

ย 

Hello Diary.ย 

Lovely sunny day (20 degrees) so going for a pleasant walk through the park and onto the riverside.

Aum ?

Posted : 29th March 2021 12:50 pm
(@dean07)

Excellent work!! Youโ€™ve always brought positive vibes to my journey and for that I thank you!!ย 

stay strong and massive congratulations!!ย 

Posted : 29th March 2021 9:38 pm
(@hannah13)

Congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚ I am 100 or so days behind you and should be debt free or close to when I hit 250 too!

Posted : 30th March 2021 2:25 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you dear friends for your kindness and support:

Deano.... Just checked your profile and am over the moon to see you 145 days away from your last bet.

Hannah... Pleased to learn that you have been gamble free for nearly 5 months and will be debt free by the end of summer.ย 

Your successes send out a strong message of hope to myself and also to friends who are starting out on their journey of recovery.ย 

ย 

Hello Diary.ย 

Super sunny day in Hull.ย 

Around the Marina and waterfront lots of laughter and smiling faces. Many people visiting the new road bridge which has proved to be a great tourist attraction.ย 

Aum?

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 30th March 2021 8:57 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Hello Diary.ย 

258 days gamble free.ย 

A strange coincidence maybe but 2+5+8 = 15 and that is the atomic number of Phosphorous which rhymes with Bosphorous and the Bosphorous (also known as the Strait Of Istanbul) separates Europe & Asia (East & West).

There happens to be a beautiful song called "East To West" by Casting Crowns and the lyrics seem to tell of my recovery from gambling addiction:

"Here I am lord and I'm drowning in your sea of forgetfulness.ย 

The chains of yesterday surround me.ย 

I yearn for peace and rest.ย 

I don't want to end up where you found me".ย 

ย 

Aum ?

Posted : 3rd April 2021 3:38 pm
(@rochg)

They are beautiful lyrics, Stephen.ย  Really glad you shared these ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted : 3rd April 2021 7:44 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch for visiting my diary. Hope you are enjoying Easter.ย 

ย 

Hello Diary.ย 

259 Days GF which pleases me greatly but realise I am not yet out of the woods.ย 

One day the betting shops will reopen and restrictions will be lifted. However, I have self exclusions in place and gambling block on bank card.ย 

It is a worry though as I now have money in the bank but nobody to help me manage it.ย 

I will have a good think about it over the coming weeks but don't wish to distress myself.ย 

ย 

Aum ??

Posted : 4th April 2021 12:33 am
Page 1 / 12

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close