82 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
13.1 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Posted by: adam123

In 2.59 hours time ill hit the 2 years gamble free mark....so it looks like ive made it horray:

It's faid to say without this website, mods, forum friends , a lot of encouragement and a lot of choice harsh words i woluld not have made it past the first week gamble free.....

Thank you for everything all of you....

ooo 2.56 hours now and the countdown begins..... roll on midnight and the moment my day count hits 730....

Soo much to be thankful for in life and so many great times ahead...... lets enjoy the rest of this year.

I'm going to strive to make 2022 even better than 2021 but i dont know how i can...

Rock and Roll.

Lots of love Adamxxx

11 minutes and counting 

???

Posted : 1st December 2021 12:48 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

? Breaking News From The International Space Station ?

Superstar Adam ? is rapidly approaching ? 2 YEARS GAMBLE-FREE  ?

ETA 60 seconds & counting

?

Posted : 1st December 2021 12:59 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations Adam on your wonderful achievement ?

Proud of you. 

?

Posted : 1st December 2021 1:01 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thank you very much aum xxx

Posted : 1st December 2021 10:20 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Well done!

Adam.

Posted : 1st December 2021 10:59 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi,

Never doubted you could achieve this amazing milestone. A proud day for you. Enjoy !!!

Best

AL

Posted : 1st December 2021 11:16 pm
(@charlieboy)

Great to see how well your doing in all things Adam !! I'm not on very often now but when I am you are one of the people I look out for...it warms my heart to read of your success ❤

Posted : 2nd December 2021 3:32 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi Adam, Al and Charlie boy, thanks Soo much for popping by!!!!

Today I trained a new member of staff and I think he's gonna be great.

Had my booster this morning....

Just four days of work left then I can relax phew and chill.

All the best

Adam xx

Posted : 2nd December 2021 7:07 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary, had my booster jab yesturday and as a result felt Ill today so was off work and now my stumach doesn't feel too good either, it doesn't rain it pours ey.

Got a pcr test coming in the post 

Three more days of work so in the home straight.

I'll update on my redecoration of flat as it happens but I get it back Monday hopefully so will go round after work and have a look .

All the best adamxxx

Posted : 3rd December 2021 10:39 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Up early as I woke up at six feeling better and thought I'd get a cup of tea, then listened to a Russell brand podcast then now some music ....

On his podcast he was talking about how the world is dominated by thoughts of consumerism, marketing, selling people and pushing people towards their aspirations of buying a house, having kids, getting married, buying food, clothes, electrical appliances, earning money, becoming famous etc with having these items will complete us and make us happy or fulfill us.....

Now I think I spent the last six and a half years saving my money trying to own my flat, that's sensible as it's somewhere for me to live in my retirement.

I've focused this year on trying to not buy clothes or material objects as frankly I have plenty and it's not good for the environment...... So far this year I've bought one lovely thick shirt in a sale but that's it...  Then last week I bought a laptop but that's a one of purchase for my flat and will hopefully last year's rather than months... .  Was I trying to complete myself buying these? In a way yes..... In a way the next month with my flat will be a process of buying furniture, fitting out flat, redecorating and getting work done to it in oder to complete my flat and have a complete place to live...  .I think I'll try and do it a minimilistic as possible with the aim of not wasting resources and being good on the environment.

Will I be complete..... I think in all honesty I will be.....  I will have everything other than food that I will need for the rest of my life....naturally things will break and need replacing.....  I'll need more food, electric and water but I'll be safe in the knowledge that my housing for life is sorted...   No small thing in my eyes!!!!

Now I've been thinking of the funny survey I done for the weekly bulletin at work and how it made staff happy and laugh and I was wondering what else would help them destress thru it..... To take a break from life's worries.....

I was thinking an entertainment corner of the wob where we note new releases on Netflix and Spotify that can help relax the mind and entertain.... Also staff could email they're favourites for recommendations?

Also I was thinking we could write tips on hobbies like gardening, sewing, woodwork, art, etc because I've read that it helps to do hobbies because if u spend time doing something where ur not thinking about everyday worries you're not thinking stressfully and you're truelly in the moment.....  Living in the present helps people .....

So I might start to write that up this weekend....

My recommendations for Netflix at mo are,

Jumanji next level for family friendly fun .

The Ozarks and narcos for gangster related series.

Suits and billions for law and money type series.

Films the blind side was brilliant and a true story.

Spotify

Glass animals Agnes

The prodigy fat of the land a personal favourite.

Culture shock drum and bass.

Leftfield leftism chilled for if ur on a beach or need to relax.

And Russell brands podcast for advice on how to live a less consumer orientated directed life.....

All the best Adam xxx

Posted : 4th December 2021 8:49 am
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Fella,

Was just thinking about you as 2021 comes to a close. It's been some year for you, great things achieved. 2 years GF, your independence back & moving in to your flat. Pay rise, & people having enough confidence in you to train a new porter & show him the ropes. I don't even suspect you're dumb enough to do it, but remember these achievements are too great , too hard earned to stake on a game of poker. Forget what you've lost because what you've achieved is a treasure trove of riches Adam.

All The Best

AL

Posted : 5th December 2021 11:46 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi al mate,

Got the check out report, I let them have a cat they said they'd give the carpets a clean after but they are in a really poor condition.  They were old carpets anyway and I'm gonna get new flooring so I won't say anything about the condition of them.

The person doing the report says nearly everything needs cleaning but they are allways over the top so I'll go and have a look tomo morning and see whether I will want some professional cleaners to do anything.

The garden doesn't look too bad in the photos just don't want piles of leaves against fences.

They've been good tenents throughout with no trouble so if I have to do some cleaning I'm not fussed.

Didn't get my result back from pcr so couldn't go to work today.....

Two more days of my work and I'm off horray.

Put the Christmas tree up today and booked my annual mental health check with gp..... Apart from that just sat waiting.

Thanks for the positive post Al....  It reminds me not only of how far I've come but how much I have to lose!!!! So I'm in the firm opinion I'll never gamble again....if I stick to that mantra I can't go wrong everything else falls into place.

All the best Adam xx

Posted : 6th December 2021 8:21 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Adam,

Just popped in to say it's natural to be apprehensive about spreading your wings, but let's face it if you don't give it a go living independently you'll probably spend the next 20 years wondering " WHAT IF ".  I honestly think not only can you do this but this could lead to creating even more belief in yourself. Try & look at yourself as many of us on here see you, a bright optimistic confident guy. 

Can you remember saying one day when you were about to go into bookies then suddenly read one of my posts & you changed your mind ?. Here's something I've never shared. One day I was itching to have a gamble & had to pick up somethings in the City Centre. I had about £20 in my current account but no cash & then as I was contemplating using my card & hoping a bookie where I was barred from wouldn't recognize me. I remembered something you once told me. "LEAVE YOUR CARD AT HOME" never carry more than you NEED  to spend.  That advice helped me increase my GF count. Recovery is a massive jigsaw, & every now & then someone will tell you to try a piece here or there and it fits perfectly.

Go For It 

Be Proud

Be Strong

You Can Do This

AL

Posted : 9th December 2021 12:34 am
(@vinnie)

Your doing amazing Adam ?

Posted : 9th December 2021 10:27 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi al, yes I remember that December day very very clearly.....  As it was the start of something special for me, something that's lasted.....  You've got me here Al!!!! And it's no small feat...... Everytime I think of gambling and what ifs pop up in my head I think of my whole life and all I hold dear.....as starting gambling again would put it all in jeapody.....a happy next twenty five years and a happy retirement after..... A life either full of rollercoaster emotions with euthoric highs but more so gut wrenching longer lasting lows..... Scraping by for food.....not having money to help friends and family etc not being a help to yourself or ur community.

I'll strive to continue on this journey thru December and will celebrate on here on chat and my diaries over Christmas Eve and more importantly new years eve......where I will think of 2021 in all it's glory..... It's had it's ups and downs......it's had smiles and frowns..... It's had good fortune and misfortune.... .I've loved it at times and curled up in bed at other times .....I've been able to see friends at end of year but isolation not permitted it at the start.......  I've strived thru work to succeed I've put in the hours of overtime and put forward my ideas and I've to be honest lived up to my full potential...... 

That's because I'm doing the hours that are healthy for me, I'm in a role that suits me, I have a good manager and I'm sleeping healthy amounts, I'm socializing, I have money to socialize etc it's all working together.

I have Soo much to be thankful for.....  These last few years have really been the icing on the cake for my recovery......

I WILL NEVER GAMBLE AGAIN!!!!

I just typed up a list of jobs to do in order to get the flat livable (to a very high standard) eg fully painted, new floors, furnished, all bills organised, etc the list is like two pages long.....  So I was stressing about it a bit but then I thought it's not like I have a deadline..... I can take as long as needed do it carefully in spend time to get every aspect right.....

Tomo will be sanding and washing down walls ......  I will keep my diary posted on progress....  Wish I could upload photos of start and finish flat.....

It still doesn't feel like home ....  But I'm gonna work on that it will no doubt come with time.....it definitely hasn't sunk in yet lol

All the best Adam xxx

Posted : 9th December 2021 10:41 pm
Page 2 / 6

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close