2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
30 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

With my shoulder op coming at the right time I'm in a good place even tho we are in lockdown.  When we come out of lockdown its seems we will go into tiers of lockdown and not be able to see friends and family not in our bubbles....I don't really know the rules as yet as u can prob tell.  However to remain positive I will do my excercizes daily, I will go for a walk daily to build up my strength, I will save my money and I will hibernate for a while watching TV and listening to music and keep myself entertained.  Life's not perfect at the most but I am happy at present and I am incredibly grateful for that.  Just seen my payslip and this months pay is fine hoping next month will be too but can't help it can't really work with one hand can I lol....night peeps xxx

Posted : 28th November 2020 12:22 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Day 362 soo close

Posted : 28th November 2020 10:52 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Three days to go

Posted : 28th November 2020 10:53 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

I hit my gamble free year tomo horray..... I feel soo happy to have to this far in my recovery.....its taken a lot of effort and patience to get this far.

I'd like to dedicate this year to Al and Bal.

On the Sunday first of December last year I was about to go to the bookies and try my luck no doubt it would have ended badly....I took a look on gamcare before I put my coat on and there was a message from Al saying that he wanted to congratulate me on keeping trying and said I was a breath of fresh air and that he learned something new from me every time I post.... This post made me instantly feel great and want to do better and make what would be a poor Christmas and start to the new year into the start of something much better.  That's where it started and just goes to show that your words on here can make a real difference to someone's life.

Now I've been on this site since 2015 and Bal also started on here at the same time.... We have seen many people come and go on chat..,.no matter what happens he is always here day in day out.  Long may that continue....He is the first to offer advice, the first to make u feel better when ur down and knows when its best to say nothing at all.

Thru the year I've had great support from Stephen, Lou, Stace, drama, Kim burger, lost to name but a few so I can't thank you all enough....

Let's all make this year even better, 2021 is a fresh start for us all.

Posted : 30th November 2020 8:09 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Thanks im glad I've been of some help..you've done so amazing and should be so proud of yourself x

Posted : 30th November 2020 8:59 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

158 minutes to go Adam.

Crowds of your gamcare friends are lining the gamcare road and we are all cheering you on.

Adam ?‍♀️ Adam ⛹️‍♂️ Adam?‍♂️

Yihaaaaaaa

Woohooooo

Yabba dabba doooooooo

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 30th November 2020 10:22 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Is it a tornado 

A comet or tsunami

No its awesome Adam and his cheering gamcare army.

133 minutes to "One Year Gamble Free  and Adam's going like a steam train. 

???" Aint No Stopping Him Now" ??? He's In The Groove ???

This post was modified 3 years ago by Aum

Posted : 30th November 2020 10:47 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Haha cheers Stephen!!!

Posted : 30th November 2020 11:34 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for your kind words, even now I learn something new from you every day. To anyone struggling with addiction you give hope, not just support. Your strength, compassion & determination are just a few of many reasons you're loved & respected on the forum.

Warm Congratulations

AL

Posted : 30th November 2020 11:44 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Many thanks al, I'm top of the world, its like Christmas eve I wonder if I will sleep......tomo is the big 365 woop

Posted : 1st December 2020 12:23 am
(@Anonymous)

Morning Adam and many congratulations on your achievements.

I use the word achievements as not only have you battled your gambling addiction but at the same time also looked at further improvements in health, alcohol and cigarettes. Some struggle with one but you have made your mind believe you can achieve them all.

You arrived in 2015 as "Adam Poker" and tried to convince us (and yourself) a "friendly" poker game weekly was doing no harm. 

Eventually the penny dropped and you went cold turkey and stopped these games which (i assume) may have caused issues with friendships. You went for it mate. You looked at your addiction. You challenged your addiction. You challenged yourself.

Often (IMO) you thought too far ahead especially about moving out and in your minds eye moving on. Eventually you worked it all out and decided the best course of action for you was by setting achievable goals and sticking to them.

The forum and chat can be difficult places to negotiate however i cant recall any issues you have had but can recall the countless amount of support you have provided others.

Adam - i salute you and will toast later with a mug of tea and a biccie.

We both joined in 2015 and i am proud to have followed you on your journey.

Best

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Anonymous

Posted : 1st December 2020 8:31 am
 Loux
(@loux)

Congratulations Adam ? today's the big day

You have done amazing..you should be so proud.

Loulou x

Posted : 1st December 2020 9:22 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

??? Congratulations Adam on One Year Gamble Free ???

Respect to a wonderful man of courage and integrity who has inspired me greatly.

Best wishes.

From your friend and fellow traveller.

Stephen.

Posted : 1st December 2020 12:29 pm
(@charlieboy)

Hi Adam, awesome well done, keep it going, barriers up guard up never let it close again

Posted : 1st December 2020 1:28 pm
(@vinnie)

Congratulations ? Adam , 

wishing you well on your continued journey ?

Posted : 1st December 2020 1:44 pm
Page 18 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close