2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
30 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi peeps, thank you very much for the posts xxxx, ill be fine, ill message u all when im back at home tomo.  I reckon ill get out at around five pm ish.  All the best cheers adam xx

Posted : 9th November 2020 8:40 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Hope the operation runs smoothly tomorrow Adam.

Best wishes 

Stephen 

Posted : 9th November 2020 9:52 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thank you stephen xx

Posted : 9th November 2020 10:27 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

I'm getting annoyed more than ever with gambling adverts targeted towards me, i mean i know i used to gamble and am a potential customer for these companies but it seems to be the only adverts i get on facebook and spotify.

With this in mind ive posted on my status about the fact that i am a member of gamstop, sense program and excluded from bookies and im not a potential customer for them anymore.

I wonder whether facebook will make sure that none of my friends see this post as its not appealing to them as a company or whether my friends will see it and recognise this problem.

When a product like facebook is free, and we are using this product, we are the product as companies are paying facebook for our attnetion.  However ive changed as a customer but facebook and these old companies i used to use are not taking this change in lifestyle and wants and needs seriously and i beleive they will just keep bombarding me with adds untill i leave facebook or pay for premium on spotify to make me see and hear no adverts on it.

bit o a rant but i beleive we will all be in the same situation.

All the best adam xxx

Posted : 9th November 2020 11:14 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello @adam123,

Just a quick response as I thought you might find this guidance from GambleAware useful. It explains ways that you can reduce the number of gambling adverts you see on social media.

https://www.begambleaware.org/safer-gambling/social-media/

All the best,

Elizabeth
Forum Admin

This post was modified 3 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 10th November 2020 7:28 am
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Adam,

You left suddenly on chatline but said you were in pain so I get that. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. I know you're a Spurs fan so the way I see the 2nd December is you're Harry Kane who's in the box and just beaten 2 defenders & have all the time to turn & shoot.  I know there's a goal coming soon. A significant landmark.

Take Care

AL

Posted : 13th November 2020 1:07 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi al and ineffable,  thanks for posts, yes al I'm winding back my leg and the keepers looking the other way so I can slot home a winner.  Thanks ineffable I felt great when I read that post.  I will Finnish off this year gamble free and toast to successful times and we will look back fondly on these days.

Posted : 13th November 2020 10:01 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

The way I see this al is its not just a landmark or a destination, like u for me it's a stepping stone onto something even better a life without gambling.  I save more now, I stress less, I eat better, I do more exercise and I like to think I'm helping society thru my work..... This isn't my destination its a stepping stone I'll celebrate with u each Christmas time....all the best Adam xx

Posted : 14th November 2020 8:33 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

we are team gamcare, united in our same quest of a successful, stressfree life we can enjoy and be proud of.

Posted : 15th November 2020 10:42 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Posted by: adam123

we are team gamcare, united in our same quest of a successful, stressfree life we can enjoy and be proud of.

?

Posted : 15th November 2020 10:46 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Just had my stitches out today, then washed my hair tonight first time since op and feel a million dollars!!! Horray another few steps towards recovery achieved 

Next step two weeks of exercise.

27th Nov visit surgeon for check up.

30th Nov visit physio in hospital.

Then 1st or 2nd Dec celebrate year gamble free .

Then three more weeks exercise.

Then Christmas

Then back to work all going well on the 29th Dec

Then celebrate new years at home on chat and write on diary 2021 objectives .

Then 2020 has lived up to this diaries name I feel as its been a successful year .

Thanks to everyone on here for the support and to gamcare for the platform and the mods for their hard work and support xxxxx

This post was modified 3 years ago by adam123

Posted : 18th November 2020 10:34 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Hope the shoulder recovery is going well

not long till your 1 year gamble free amazing xx

Posted : 20th November 2020 6:08 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Cheers Lou for popping byxxxx

Posted : 21st November 2020 12:33 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hidiary, next step down towards recovery.  Saw a surgeon today, he took my bandages off and said stitches healed nicely so can shower now.  My arm hasn't frozen which is good.  I said my arm very stiff and he said that's usual....he said I'd need to be off prob eight weeks so that will take me to Jan.  I'm going to see physion Monday at my local hospital and work hard on my recovery.... I've been doing double the excercizes given so that must have worked well just got to work hard and rest in places.

Posted : 27th November 2020 3:06 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

no probs xxx

Posted : 27th November 2020 10:13 pm
Page 17 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close