2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
30 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

oooh nice stace, im excited now, if i get some after this corona ill move into my own flat, horray

Posted : 15th September 2020 6:49 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Got voices tonight so thought I'd read some diaries and listen to some music tonight.... Been an excellent week off, fully rested up now.  Back to work for seven weeks before next break but days with less light and the winter coming in now.  Looking forward to Christmas if we can have all family over I'll be happy.  Gonna get an Xbox one black Friday so my nephews and neice can play Tony hawks new game..... Drawing to a close of the year now and really looking forward to celebrating my year gamble free, its no small feat so I think the Xbox is a great way to treat myself on this milestone..... Will gave a lye in tomo then watch a couple games on TV...... All the best adam

Posted : 19th September 2020 12:26 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Morning Adam. A big thank you for visiting my diary and congratulations on your excellent progress in recovery. You are a star.

Pleased to read that the telephone assessment went well and hope you get a positive answer soon. 

Been wondering if you got to the beach during your week off ! It is probably the last of the summer so best we make the most of it. I can picture you running along the sands together with two or three Bay Watch babes ?‍♂️??.

Hope you enjoy watching the football on telly later. I read that Gareth Bale is going to play for Tottenham again which should raise a few eyebrows!

A nice sunny day in Hull again so I will be walking around the waterfront and marina later. It is my exercise and I find it enjoyable. I like watching the ducks in the marina. They make me smile ??????.

You certainly have a good positive mindset and strike me as a practical and highly principled man. If there is anything in your life you are not happy with than you take the necessary steps to change things. Your journey is an inspiration to me and I try to follow your example.

I am also impressed with the way you cope with hearing voices. It is not something I have experienced but imagine it could make life difficult and at times be distressing.

Best wishes for a great weekend.

Aum   Aum   Aum

?  ?  ?

Posted : 19th September 2020 9:55 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thank you for your post Stephen much appreciated.  Got a letter thru post today and thought it was pip result but opened it up and it was doctors letter.  Oh well hopefully find out soon.  Let's all have a lovely weekend.

Posted : 19th September 2020 2:07 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi diary, yes Stephen I got to the beach twice this week, I was spoilt for good weather this week every day seemed sunny and warm which was much appreciated.  I think when I'm in a period like this relating to being in work, being tee total, not smoking, saving money and not spending a penny on gambling all for such a long period of time comes namely stability, I can spend money on meals out, coffees and treat friends as I have no financial worries anymore.  You literally can't put a price on this.  My main worries focus around my mind and what it creates for my world I see....  I have only once physically seen what my mind is making up and I am thankful for that.  I have started to talk to my doctor about what I believe when in a episode and i t is starting to be documented now.  I am hoping to move into my own flat early next year and with this comes more responsibility along with the greater independence that I sometimes crave.  I feel it is a step I need as my parents will not always be around so I need to a some point get back to standing on my own two feet.  Its the end of a great week and in some ways I'd like to stay off work but I know I need something to focus on during the week.  I think I'll get my review soon and hoping it goes well, I've been working hard and I hope they appreciate this.  All the best Adam.  PS coming up to the 300 day mark next Sunday I believe then its a two month countdown and I can see in the Christmas and new year in a record healthy way.  My health is very important to me and I believe I'm putting the right actions in to put me in the best place.

Posted : 19th September 2020 10:49 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary another week has gone by at work,.. Not had my review yet as manager off well in fact both managers we off.  Tomo is a special day as it marks 300 days gamble free for me, truelly humbled by this stepping stone to a gamble free life.  I know temptation will step in along the way but I will stand strong.  Went out for a meal this afternoon in a local pub and it was great, then watched some films and Netflix series.  Decided I'm going to stay living with my parents for the time being for many reasons.  There are arguments on each side but we will see over time if I change my mind.  If I get the pip I can have the choice to move out and that's better than having no choice.  All the best adam

Posted : 26th September 2020 9:48 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Adam is a legend standing proud and strong

A gamcare inspiration who knows what's right and wrong

Steadfast and courageous with open eyes that see

Three hundred days with hand on heart

Determined to be free

Respect and congratulations from Stephen 

Aum   Aum   Aum

?   ?   ?

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 27th September 2020 3:34 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi stephen, thank you very much for the poem.  300 days gamble free and boy am i chuffed with that.... but i will strive to hit higher heights.  all the best adam

Posted : 27th September 2020 3:45 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

got declined on the pip today!!! oh well ill be staying at home with the folks.

Posted : 27th September 2020 3:46 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another week has gone by, a tough week at work my boss was off so had a lot to do doing his job as well.  Went pretty smoothly.  Weekend has landed.  Trying to get someone to go out to pub for spurs game on Sunday but no takers so far.  Alls well with recovery think its two months today I'll hit the year mark, absolutely nothing will stand in my way of getting there.  I know now not to alight a gambling ember as before u know it there will be an inferno.  Just laying in bed now waiting for Chelsea game and footy focus at midday.  All the best.

Posted : 3rd October 2020 10:01 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

This weekend finds Prince Adam reclining in his bed 

Glancing at the telly with thoughts running through his head

Sometimes ventures out for laughs in the local boozer

Watches football GAMBLE FREE for this man is no loser

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH our hero said ten long months ago

Grabbed addiction firmly and threw it out the door

Workwise conscientious and showing enthusiasm 

Admirable qualities and Adam shows he has 'em

Adam you are an inspiration.

Wishing you a great weekend.

Aum   ?

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 3rd October 2020 10:55 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

ah stephen thats really cheered me up mate, thank you very much

stephen ur the man, 

cheers mate xxx

Posted : 3rd October 2020 8:41 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

I'm in a positive mood tonight because ive realised something quite special, i've gone on from the person on the chat room thats starting out struggling to find a way to stop, to someone that is succeeding at being gambling free and giving advice to those who is struggling.....

Im succeeding at living a healthy life and am helpnig society thru work as much as i can.

I believe i will continue to do this and i will not go back to the evil depths that i was once in on a daily basis.  I mean i wasnt doing anything illegal and everything i was doing was socially acceptable but it wasnt doing me any favours and if i carried on i would have no doubt knocked some years off my life.

I created a thread on here three years ago about a thing called the secret where i aimed to achieve some goals like keeping my job and learning asmuch as i can about my job, stopping smoking, drinking less and stopping gambling also some tangible objects like dvd shelves and sound bar i wanted and some holidays abroad.  Now i pictured myself with them and looked forward to them and with patience and determination i have succeeded at all of these objectives.  I feel this is great and shows how far ive come.  Lets all do this secret.

All the best adam

Posted : 3rd October 2020 8:53 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Well done adam you are a inspiration have a great weekend                                      
   Scotty??

Posted : 3rd October 2020 11:55 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

A week on and today is mental health awareness day, quite suiting to post today with me mental issues.  I have been succeeding in my battles and although recently have found myself down in parts and having an episode in august I have got thru it and believe I am stronger as a result.... Here's to Lou and Stacy battling their issues day in day out and coming thru stronger.  Our struggles sometimes make the chat room a darker place but its reality, gambling isn't all flowers, life isn't all smiles, we have our dark moments in chat but it real and who would want a fake chatroom anyway.... We are representative of the real people who get taken apart by gambling and struggle to live happy lives as a result.  Let's not lose sight of this.  We have this platform to share our struggles and come together to get on an individuals recovery to a greater richer life that doesn't involve soo much destruction.  This addiction takes a lot but we don't give in and that's all it takes to eventually win the battle overall.  I believe I can succeed against my issues.  Namely by being stubburn and patient I will have a joyful life that I can be proud I've lived, I'm not rambling because I'm drunk but just because I'm happy to be here in this place that gamcare create for us to recover.  It may take us months, it may take us years but gamcare is that continual source of help.....ALL THE BEST ON ANNUAL MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS DAY from Adam xxx

Posted : 11th October 2020 12:51 am
Page 15 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close