2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
29.8 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Got told today that I'll be working 20 hours a week from now on rather than 25.  Pay will go down.  Better than being made redundant tho. Not in a good place at no but will get thru it.

Posted : 10th June 2020 5:41 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Start of the weekend horray, time to sit back and watch some films

Posted : 12th June 2020 5:29 pm
(@freda)

Hi Adam,

You seem to be able to see things positively, which is half the battle, I'm sure. I'm glad you have good friends around you.

I imagine meds might make your weight a bit harder to control. I have found this myself, in the past. It can have a big effect on how you feel about yourself. At least you have quite an active job and doing extra walking should help. 

I don't spend much time on the diaries these days but having a catch up on a few. You are a lovely person and deserve happiness. Lockdown has been good in making us realise we need less than we might have thought we did. I'm glad you're not feeling worried about the drop in your hours. You are right that 20 is enough, really, if you don't need loads of flash stuff to feel good.

f x

Posted : 13th June 2020 11:14 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi Freda thanks for reading and posting on my diary, great to see someone lese on here.  Yep lockdown makes you think about what you actually need in life, for me its not the tangible objects i need but the social interaction.  Luckily we have pcs for keeping intouch virtually or i wouldn't have seen my mates for three months now.  However i would like to see some of them in person thats for sure.  Yes the drop in hours will affect my pay but got to look at it positively as im living at home im financially ok and ill be starting at midday each day so it gives me more time in the morning to relax.  All the best might sit in the garden again for a bit.

Posted : 13th June 2020 1:06 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

So end of another weekend.  Went for a walk today done 5k which was great, then ate lods for dinner so didn't really get the benefit but oh well.  Back to work tomo, start my reduced hours 1 of july, meaning my pay will go down next month but oh well.  Areas of life that don't need improving:

Financial: this is a big one but as I have no dependants and I live a lean lifestyle I can literally earn next to nothing and be fine.

Mental Health: All good at mo, I mean I get thoughts and voices overnights but im in control.  I need to remember to write down my thoughts so I can analyse them and see them for what they are which is they are not true or real. 

Detox: This was a word i ued to use on countless occssions on hangovers, but since 2018 i havent drunk and am feeling the benefits.

Smoking: nothing to improve not smoked since 2016.

Gambling: non since December.

Things to improve:

Physical health: I aim to walk further and further each week, currently my strava isnt syncing so it doesnt upload to phone, however i can see the distance each day so ill keep a track on my spreadsheet and make goals.

All in all the only area I need to improve is my physical shape which if I can stop eating soo much would be easy, however its really not as easy as it sounds...……….. 

Posted : 14th June 2020 6:30 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Walked home from work today in an effort to get more exercise, 2 miles up hill walking in the sun is pretty tough, got back and collapsed on the floor lol.  Then had a cool shower and now laying on my bed.  I actually think I can keep on doing this but will see how it goes.

Posted : 15th June 2020 4:12 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

End of another day, tomo is a busy day, I've got a physio call at 930am then work 11-2 then MRI and xray 230-250pm then relax.  Hopefully get some new exercises for my shoulder.  Spent tonight looking at my finances and its been going well lately.  Even though im gonna earn less I'm secure in my job and have enough to get by.

Posted : 16th June 2020 9:16 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Day 200 today horray, been hard on myself lately but hitting 200 is a great sign.  I am making inroads on the year, think my best is about four months away from now.  Mixed feelings at work today,  I asked my manager a couple of weeks ago if if its was predicted to be sunny I'd ask for some time off.  I asked for two days next week as its supposed to be sunny.  My manager replied that I could but it was very short notice and we were busy and my assistant manager said it was a bit of a kick in the teeth to say it was going to be sunny.  I then replied to say that as it was short notice I'd work.  I just don't get people sometimes!!!  I think i m missing the command sense or something.....I mean I specifically asked that I'd wait for the weather forecast before booking holiday as the only thing to do is to sit in garden ... Oh well I'll just take the whole of December off if I still have it all then.

Posted : 19th June 2020 9:55 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations Adam on your double GF century. 

I am truly inspired by your excellent progress and see in you a noble man of integrity who has battled bravely to reclaim, resurrect and rediscover a life that was lost to gambling addiction.

I take my hat off to you Sir and wish you every success as you continue on your journey.

Loads (Stephen)

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 19th June 2020 10:22 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Evening diary, good news at work today is the are making our hospital exempt from the hours and pay cuts so i should well at least for the moment be getting my full pay each month.  I wouldnt be suprised if they have redundancies on the cards but i guess thats the same for every organisation at the mo.

Posted : 22nd June 2020 8:25 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Looks like we have a spurs win horray.  Just booking some holiday from work, gonna have 20th July week off and 17th Aug week off, then week in sept then week of Nov and few days off in Dec.  Looks good and some rest to look forward to.

Posted : 23rd June 2020 9:06 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Soo depressed!!!!!!!

Posted : 26th June 2020 4:52 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Been ferrling really down in the dumps today and can't shift my mind to better thoughts.  I know I'm in a good place but thoughts of having a smoke and drinking to lift the mood were thought about, I knew that wouldn't fix anything so they were just fleeting thoughts.  I also have arecently been thinking a lot about who cares if they reduce my pay at work, who's cares if they make me redundant I'll just get a new job that pays better.  This has put me in a bad place at work.   I've been having too many drinks at work (mainly cos its hot) but I took a half hour break so my manager has said I need to come in half an hour earlier and take a lunch half hour in middle of my shift.  Everything just getting better of me at mo

Posted : 26th June 2020 9:18 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Had a good long sleep last night which improved my mind and body.  Just in bed now and will sleep well again in preparation for another week at work ahead.

Posted : 28th June 2020 8:35 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary, today I was looking at a mates strava thinking boy that's dedication.  He loves riding and does such long distances.  I am jealous of that commitment, dedication and goals to achieve.  I'd love to achieve more, some days I'm happy, others sad, others I have motivation and others I don't.  I think I'd like some new goals to achieve.  I think I'd like a fun goal to start off, I mean I have a lot of goals for this year but none are fun.  So I'll have a think, a new past time perhaps, something I can do after work, that is enjoyable and gives a sense of achievement.

I'm doing great on my goals, soo well in fact that I haven't spent a penny this month!!! 

So what can I do? 

Posted : 30th June 2020 4:26 pm
Page 12 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close