2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
30.1 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Had a bit of a poor day motivation wise today, started well over the first two hours then had a cup of tea and hit a block, stopped and started over the course of the other three hours and could have got a lot more done than i did.  We all have poor motivation days but I usually feel guilty after a day like this and want to make up for it the next day by working quicker and doubly hard.

I had an e mail yesterday night from the letting agent I let my flat out with and It said that with their tenancy ending in august theyd like to renew the term for another year.  I started thinking about whether I could move into the flat in august, then talked to my mum about it, we aggreed to let it out again for one more year then ill move into it.  However later when in bed I had voices and thoughts and it stopped me sleeping.  

Also i got talking to someone at work todat and said about the voices last night and also spoke to someone else at work about having the flat and that im trying to pay as much of the mortgage off as possible at the mo.  Now ive learnt the hard way that I talk too freely to people at work and I should have kept my mouth shut today.  I can't however change this so will just put it down to experience.

Posted : 13th May 2020 6:55 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Miserable I'm absolutely miserable

Posted : 14th May 2020 10:14 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Sorry your feeling sad Adam ? so why not have some fun ? ?

Put on your comfy trainers and go for a run ?‍♂️ in the sun ☁️ ? ⛅

Or put your headphones on your ears ? and exercise to sounds ?️‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Toning muscles ? laughing ? and losing several pounds

Or meditate on mindfulness ? ? ? and tour your universe ?‍♂️

For life may not be rosy ? but could be far far worse 

Song choice for today "Its My Life" by Bon Jovi 

Best wishes to Adam 

From Stephen

Posted : 14th May 2020 11:10 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thanks for popping by Stephen, I'll give it a go

Posted : 14th May 2020 4:47 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary, end of another weekend.  Next week is a bank holiday at the end of it to look forward to which is good and then im off every Wednesday in june.  So there's plenty to be grateful for.  I got pretty down mid week this week as I was thinking about moving into my flat to be independent but its not possible for another year or so, so ill be staying at my parents for a while longer yet.  

Posted : 17th May 2020 7:02 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Adam,

Nice to catch up in chat. I will be honoured to join you in a toast on NYE. JD and coke i believe.

For now we can focus our attention on tomorrow and staying safe.

Best

Posted : 17th May 2020 9:32 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

So just had a nice chat with kay, Stephen, bal and lively and as we are coming up to the half year mark I thought id update on how my objectives for the year are going.  These were my objectives for 2020:

1: No Smoking. Achieved so far
2: No Drinking Alcohol. Achieved so far
3: No Gambling (Trying to hit that glorious 100 day mark first (achieved), then half year  (almost) then glorious year mark on the 3rd December 2020.  Achieved so far
4: Improve fitness. achieved so far jan and feb went to gym every other day and played football once a week, then since I dislocated my shoulder and lockdown I have been walking every other day.  I've started to lose my stomach but I can definitely improve my diet by eating less snacks.
5: To have a meal out with friends once every two months.  Jan feb achieved then lockdown so achieved.
6: To manage my money well with the target of paying off my mortgage quicker to help with my retirement.  I have actually spent a lot less this year due to lockdown and have saved well, I also got paid for the time I was on sick leave with my shoulder so that was great.
This is a lot to aim for and will not be easy but if it was easy it would not be a challenge and life is a challenge.
Finally number 7:
ENJOY EVERYDAY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY BY WAKING UP AND SAYING YESTURDAY I DID NOT GAMBLE AND AS A CONSEQUENCE I FEEL GREAT SO TODAY I WILL NOT GAMBLE. ACHIEVED!!!!!!!

So far looking at these objectives i have been doing great, really impressed with myself.  I also love films so have bought some dvds and paid for Netflix which has been a great add on to life.  Been watching narcos, action and crime films and working my way thru all sorts.  Havent had to pay for gym with the lockdown so I have only spent about thirty pounds a month after bills mainly on dvds and presents for nephews and niece.

Next weekend I have Monday off too which is good then have all of the Wednesdays off in june.  

Been doing group chats with quizes with friends at weekends, been good to catch up with them and it doesn't cost anything.

I get a bit emotional every now and then and it cant be helped I suppose, everyone gets emotional once In a while but ive just got to make sure it doesn't affect my performance at work.  Got to work as hard as I can and achieve as much as possible.  Every few days I have a poor performance day at work and I must work on this.  

Posted : 17th May 2020 9:49 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

cheers bal, I will look forward to that nye toast

Posted : 17th May 2020 9:54 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear Adam @123,

This is a very ambitious list of objectives but what is impressive it that you are achieving your goals. It is heart-warming to read about your successes and I am certain that your positivity will be an inspiration to others.

Congratulations on being on the verge of being gamble free for half a year. Your hard work and determination is clearly helping you to reach your goals.

We very much agree with your sentiment to take one day at a time when it comes to recovery and we would encourage you to be kind to yourself and not to be hard on yourself if sometimes your performance at work isn’t quite where you want it to be, you are already doing so much to be proud of.

Thank you for your post and keep sharing.

Jo

Forum Admin

Posted : 18th May 2020 1:53 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thank u Jo xx

Posted : 18th May 2020 10:32 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary, had a brilliant day, started work at 8am then finished at 1pm leaving me the whole afternoon to sit in the garden and top up my tan.  Then got my mum to give me a haircut, I've decided to grow the top but trim the sides.  Now just chilling before dinner.  Got a long weekend coming up bank holiday Monday this week.  Going to meet up in a park with a friend on Friday then with another possibly on Sunday.  Works going pretty well  would like some overtime but NHS paying salaries so no overtime at moment.  

Posted : 20th May 2020 6:21 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Start of another weekend, got up early today and been watching Ozark and bright on Netflix.   Now just relaxing before dinner.  

Posted : 23rd May 2020 5:32 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Many thanks for posting on my diary Adam.

I promise dear friend that I will do everything in my power to remain gamble free.

Wishing you every happiness as you continue on your gamble free adventure.

Stephen 

Posted : 25th May 2020 1:15 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

End of another long weekend, really here does life go, its my birthday on Saturday and ill be 39 (clinging on to my 30s very tightly lol).  Obviously wont be up to much due to lockdown.  WIll maybe try to get out in the garden on Saturday, hopefully it will be sunny.  This weekend has flown by again, not much of note to talk about.  Rest was needed to get back to full strength for work and rest is what I got.  Back to work tomo more decorating.  See you tomo diary

Posted : 25th May 2020 8:30 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Had a cough when I woke this morning, went to work and coughed a bit then stopped coughing, had my temperature taken and its 36.9 which is fine but felt very hot.  I was steaming in a hot room by a window which I think made me hot but with the coughing they sent me home today to be safe.  If im coughing when I wake up tomo ill be off work for a week.  Hpefully im fine when I wake up tomo.  Still feeling pretty hot now but it is a hot day I guess?

Posted : 26th May 2020 3:17 pm
Page 10 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close