2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
30 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi im starting my 2020 diary early, 2019 was successful in many ways and unsuccessful in one way:

Positives of 2019:

I haven't smoked for the whole year.

I haven't drunk for the whole year.

I have been tot the gym and health suite for my health to keep my stress levels down.

I have spent a lot of time with my family.

I've only had three days off work due to sickness helped by all of the above.

I've managed my money really well and saved a lot.

Negatives of 2019:

Spent 136 pounds on gambling (70 pounds in one day in bookie, rest on pub poker and friends poker round their house).

Ill update my objectives for the year on new years eve!!!!!! or new years day.

Posted : 24th November 2019 5:14 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Adam, what a remarkable year. Love the idea of setting objectives, will pinch that one with pride!

Posted : 24th November 2019 5:29 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Fantastic Adam you've done amazing well done, you should be proud 🙂 

Posted : 24th November 2019 6:29 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

thanks murlo and Lou for stopping by, just been to the gym and settling in for a night in front of the tv

Posted : 24th November 2019 6:46 pm
(@boo-radley)

So positive Adam.. Your posts help me with how you balance your money.. 

So much happiness to be gained from not gambling and so niceto know we are not alone or unique or so different from many others.

The isolation is not nice.. 

Look forward to more of your threads and film reviews.. Boo x

Posted : 25th November 2019 11:35 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Adam, 

Just wanted to stop by your new diary and say that I'm glad you shared your achievements of 2019 here.  You're doing great, and a new diary with objectives moving forward sounds positive.

Thanks again for contributing to our forum, and for your support towards other forum members.  

Kind regards

Leigh

Forum Admin 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 25th November 2019 12:30 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi boo and leigh thanks for popping by,  another Monday has flown by worked an extra 2.5 hours on top of my 5 hour shirt today which was good for another 20 pounds in the back burner.  Got some new shoes for work which is good as mine were leaking and falling to bits.  One more day at work tomo then watch the spurs champs league game tomo night and a well deserved holiday day Wednesday horray cant go wrong there.  

Posted : 25th November 2019 7:07 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Tuesday at work navigated well, Ive got overtime on Wednesdays and Fridays untill Christmas so that's good. holiday day tomo and lots of football to be watched. Here's to a successful night for uk teams.

Posted : 26th November 2019 6:20 pm
(@boo-radley)

Sounds good 

Boo x

Posted : 27th November 2019 6:15 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Horray for spurs!!!!!!!!!! In the last 16 boo ya, on my holiday day today, not done much went to town and had a look around then back home for a siesta now chilling listening to music then gonna watch Chelsea at six and Liverpool at eight

Posted : 27th November 2019 3:51 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Hi Adam, hope you are keeping well, having fun and enjoying your work and social life.

I do respect and  admire all the hard work you have done in turning your life around. You have made sacrifices and kept in good spirits throughout your recovery. When I am looking for inspiration to help me over the coming weeks I will get it from the diaries of gamcare friends such as yourself.

Take care my friend. Enjoy your life and keep smiling.

Stephen x 

Posted : 28th November 2019 11:51 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi adam123,

Just want to say good luck on your 2020 journey, if anyone deserves a comfortable ride you do. You're compassionate, caring & someone whom despite you're own struggles can always find time for others. I'm 64 and thought i'd seen it all but i learn something from you every time you post. You're a breath of fresh air mate.

Best Wishes

AL

Posted : 29th November 2019 12:45 am
Forum admin reacted
(@adam123)
Topic starter

been struggling this morning with thoughts of going to town with free parking and going to the bookies again! but reading that post from you  stephen and al  has been all I need to kick those thoughts into touch!! I will now relax today and work towards a good Christmas and a positive start to 2020, cheers mate.  I love to think that I have a positive impact on people on this forum.  heres to a great day rather than one with regrets. 

Posted : 1st December 2019 2:45 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

been struggling this morning with thoughts of going to town with free parking and going to the bookies again! but reading that post from you  stephen and al  has been all I need to kick those thoughts into touch!! I will now relax today and work towards a good Christmas and a positive start to 2020, cheers mate.  I love to think that I have a positive impact on people on this forum.  heres to a great day rather than one with regrets. 

Posted : 1st December 2019 2:46 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Hi Adam, hang in there. Won't be long before today is over. The only way to double your money is to fold it half and put it in your pocket. 

Posted : 1st December 2019 3:08 pm
Page 1 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close