192 days.

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Dan178
(@dan178)
Topic starter

Only ever posted on here once before over a year ago, the day I said that was me done. Seeked help built up the courage to change my life for the better. Be a better me, a better father and one that doesn't lie. For the 12 years prior my life was consumed with gambling. Started off in the bookies and then online where I really destroyed my life and thought the only way I could stop was with a rope. 

I went on to do nearly 9 months without a bet, I was a changed man. Invincible I thought. My mental health was the best it had been in years. Finally I had overcome this horrible addiction.

Until May 4th this year I went out to a wedding, came home signed my partner up to coral (as I had gamstop in my name) that night I blew every single penny in my bank. Transferring £50 a time into my partners bank to deposit online. That next day she caught me out, When she see her online banking.

She knew I was a gambler but just not how bad it was. That was when I finally went to a meeting. And was the last time I gambled

I again at 192 days gamble free. 

And again I feel on top of the world.

Every day is a struggle. I very nearly walked into a bookies 2 days ago. 

But today I will not bet. 

I've got this

Posted : 11th November 2019 9:55 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

well done 192 days is amazing just remember the urges will still come just try not to let them catch you out by having the blockers in place. I hope your partner has been supportive and hopefully you have now registered her details to gamstop if she doesn't mind. or maybe you have looked into getting blocks on computers and phones. Or does your partner have control of your money

you have come along way, I have gone 7 months I still have urges and I just try to think when I have an urge and think to myself just one more go I don't have to spend a lot, that has the potential to chase lossers and its not worth it. 

your doing fantastic and should be proud

loulou 

Posted : 12th November 2019 12:16 am
(@all-at-sea)

One month today for me , and its my Birthday . next target xmas day . but one day at a time . 

Posted : 13th November 2019 4:48 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close