Call free 0808 8020 133

14th September 2021  

Ford2017
(@ford2017)

Sadly I’ve been gambling a lot lately having done so well. I know I have to stop because I know gambling my way out of trouble will lead to more misery and debt. I’ve been here before and I’ve stopped before, I know I can do it I know I have to do it. My promise to myself is to update this diary regularly and stop gambling for good. Yes i enjoy it but I can’t control it. So today I had a ‘blow out’ went to the bookies after losing money heavily over the last few days. I didn’t lose and I know that’s not the point but I felt like I’ve had an awakening. Nobody knows what I’ve been up to, I rely on support of you all on here and look forward to my road to recovery. 

Posted : 14th September 2021 2:35 pm
Dave101
(@dave101)

Hi Ford, I can relate to that comment it took a big win for me to realise where I was heading in regards to the money I had won and it was quickly being eaten up again and that’s when I knew knew I was a compulsive gambler. If you have close friends and family I would advise letting them know so they can support you but I do know every ones family is different but it does help if you do tell some one.

I would recommend physical GA meetings if you can get to one, they help massively for a road to recovery.

Take care and gamble free

dave101 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th September 2021 4:34 pm
c43h
 c43h
(@c43h)

Try and dig into it. Why? Bored. Hiding from something that hurts? Or do u think it's nr 1 and the best thing since sliced bread but you can't touch it?  Programed by advertising?  

The point is to be aware of why you give them your money.  If a beggar came up to you on the street and asked you for 200 pounds in cash you may be curious why he's asking for that amount but we don't blink an eyelid when we are giving our cash to thieves. 

Start challenging the whys and you will find answers that may call you out so you think about it. The idea is to stop before you start not to think about it when you are finished.  If we walk blindly we stay blind.

Best

C

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by c43h
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th September 2021 9:07 pm