147 days gf

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@leigh_s)
Topic starter

Hi everyone!

Today is my 147th day GF. I'm not going to lie and say that it has been easy, but its getting a lot easier now. I've started my own company which is keeping my mind off of things and now the company is making a substantial sum of money, I've not been tempted to spend any of it gambling, which is a massive feat. I do still think of Fruit Machines, but there is no drive there to go and play them. I look through bookies windows / service stations and often watch them / see what new games there are, but never had the temptation to play them.

If I can do it, you all can!! Keep at it. Find a hobby to keep yourself occupied. Maybe even start a company if you are a crafter or something - it will keep your mind off things

Posted : 5th July 2022 11:20 am
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

147 gambling free days is some thing to feel good about in your self.

It is very healthy to not lie and say that it has been easy, that is honest of you.

That is a confidence builder starting your own company and working towards being succesful in your self.

It is a healthy good thing to not have been tempted to spend any of it gambling.

If you can give up having any thoughts from all unhealthy habits.

Yes if you and I can do it any one can.

Keep focused on healthy habits and keep busy 

In time we become self sufficient in every avenue of our life.

Love and peace to everyone

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Posted : 5th July 2022 11:33 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

@leigh_s

Thank you for updating us on your recovery journey. Well done on being 147 days gamble free! That is a great achievement!

Please continue to post on the Forum as I'm sure there are others that find your journey inspirational.

All the best

Fay

Forum Admin

Posted : 5th July 2022 12:55 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close