Last chance saloon

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Been at it all my life .Horses dogs sport now the dreaded fobts. Self exluded more than once in some shops .done all the online firms .read books on how to gamble and make it pay .online poker.well the fact is my bank account is empty at 56 years of age. I did 700 on Thursday .skint again. I do other things like cycling and walking ,gym but usually when got no money to gamble.i always give up gambling when I have just lost my cash...that the last time i say. Never again ,gutted.A short feeling of relief. Been saying this for 40 years...So here I am ,determined to stop.Its my first time on GA forums and I like what i see. Other people like me .someone to understand and support.i have joined up with gamstop so I got my evenings back .no online all night stuff.ANYWAY enuf about poor old me .I feel positive and i have got to do this for my family who have suffered and my granddaughter who I adore and should put first.Thats my incentive .It's going to be hard, very hard .Next pay day I will return and say I did not go in shop today. Or any other day after.its not only about money it's mindset .A gamblers mind wants the buzz of it .the losses only hit home after.changing the mindset is what I have to do.remind myself everyday of the consequences of my actions.helping others with gambling issues is a good place to be also.thanks to GA .

Posted : 27th October 2018 9:36 am
G100
 G100
(@g100)

Hi Sparky56, thanks for your comment on my post. It sounds like you know what’s important in your life and Gambling certainly doesn’t bring any positivity. Family is what matters mate, so hopefully you can win your battle day by day. GAMSTOP was really good for me to stop me gambling online, so it’s good to see that you have signed up for this. No more nights wasting your time and money. Good luck.

Posted : 27th October 2018 2:03 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close