Goodbye2019!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@goodbye2019)
Topic starter

So I spontaneously left my job in September with the intention of finding a new one within a couple of weeks of leaving at the very latest.... Well that was the plan. I made the decision following a year of just feeling like EVERYTHING in my life needed changing! You see, I blamed my unhappiness on everything and everyone and i realise now that I was trying to make changes in all the wrong places and now here I am, jobless, gambling more than I earn and have reached my last penny and reached my credit limits and lenders who will give me any loan whatsoever! I am ashamed and yet I feel that's what I need, to admit that I lost my job and my relationship because I believed that they no longer made me happy when in reality, I was unhappy because of the financial mess I got myself into and have ONLY just realised it. I made excuses time after time and always believed that gambling was OK because everyone has their habits. But mine cost me. Don't feel too sorry for me though, I chose to lose what I did but I am a mum to a 4 year old and that's when it hurts to think how irresponsible I've been. Where do I start? I mean seriously.

This topic was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Goodbye2019

Posted : 24th November 2019 8:54 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello Goodbye2019

There was a lot of self-honesty in your post. Self-reflection can be a productive yet difficult exercise, well done for allowing yourself to "go there." Continue using this resource, the benefits that can come from sharing with others who are on a similar journey are many. I was wondering, are you accessing support? If not, please consider our treatment options, also contact one of our Advisers via our Netline or Helpline on 0808 8020 133 

With all good wishes,

Forum Admin

Posted : 28th November 2019 11:42 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close