I feel sick... today is the last time I can do it . I lost everything all my savings . I have a good job but even when I save money I just gamble it all away. I am in trouble as I can not afford to do the things I need to do in the next few months and I have no oncome for 8 weeks due to personal reaaons .I don't know what to do . Came here to see if it would help .
Im sorry to hear about your situation.
- your salary should go into a family members bank account who you trust to look after your money
- if not possible sign up to monzo bank and instruct them not to let you deposit to gambling sights and they can block these transactions
- speak to step change who is a charity who can help with debt advise.
- can you borrow money from friends/family to pay for what you need...its best they pay directly to whoever the money is required for to avoid your temptation to gamble.
- speak to gamcare over the phone /live chat and they can recommend free councilling in your area
-use gamstop to ban you signing up to gambling sites for up to 5yrs.
- you said you have a good job so money can be made back. I lost everything a few yrs ago and 18months later i was surprised how quickly i was able to save my money.
-keep your mind busy- do a hobby you enjoy and spend time with your family.
- stay strong, we are all here because of our addiction and you can get over this.
Ok so I went a few days clean and I went back for more . I really think you need to hit rock bottom to realise what an idiot you are . I am done I finally registered gamstop 5 years .7 days free I'm excited for the future knowing the money I will save by staying away from this evil addiction. When I feel like a little urge or down I come here to read other people's stories I really find it helps .
I know it's going to be very hard already I seen advertisements everywhere which doesn't help me but I believe I have the power to do this .