Day 4

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

I don't want to write about how I got here or how much I've lost,that money has gone and it's not coming back.
Today is day 4 of completely no slots! It's not easy,I think about this when I wake up to when I go to bed but for 3 nights I've slept through with waking up panicking about how I'll get through the month.
Money is tight but I can get through till pay day then there light at the end of that tunnel.
I'm finding reading other posts on here is getting me through each day. Gamstop application to sort today then hopefully that will make it a little easier.
Day 4 I can do this.

Posted : 10th November 2018 9:12 am
(@Anonymous)

Hello Cody84 well done on choosing to be gf. You seem to be focussed in the right direction thinking about the future rather than worrying about the past and what u have lost. I have hit 13days gf today so very new to this as well but feeling so much better not worrying about lying etc any more. I never want to gamble again and am determined to beat this addiction and I wish u the best of luck

Posted : 10th November 2018 3:33 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi
Thanks for the post. We're both doing good. Tomorrow I'm going to get my kids stocking fillers. It's sad but I'm so pleased this will be the first year I've brought them and not my overdraft!
I'm chain watching rubbish but at least I'm not gambling. How do you keep your mind off gambling? I can't go to meetings cause of shifts and location so I feel a bit solo at the moment.

Posted : 10th November 2018 10:02 pm
Stopping123
(@stopping123)

Would recommend hitting the gym or going for drinks etc with friends helps.

Posted : 11th November 2018 12:08 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi yes I definitely recommend gym and chatting on here and going out with friends or just going out in fresh air. If I feel a bit down then yh I too have chain watched quite a few programmes. It’s hard COD I used to come in from work feeling tired and would sit and gamble but that’s no life. I think once u get into a routine it will be easier. Gambling used to be part of the routine which is why it’s hard to start with to find other stuff to fill gaps. But focusing on all the good and how good u feel u are able to afford your kids stocking fillers must be an amazing feeling so just focus on that.

Posted : 11th November 2018 8:45 am
Stopping123
(@stopping123)

Hit another milestone of 3 weeks which feels great and proud of myself for doing so! I have a lot more money in my account then I thought because of not gambling. Waiting for pay day on Thursday and will be in the positive again and the rebuild process will happen. Still have the major milestone of April next year for my trip to India where all the money I have saved I can use to having a good time there. Spoke to the guys yesterday and we might also go to Ibiza next summer also so even more of a reason not to gamble! I Have noticed the changes at work also as I have more time not worrying about gambling on my phone at work like betting on horses or playing slots/ roulette etc I’ve been getting a lot more done. My boss came over and had a chat with me about a pay rise which will happen next year due to them seeing the hours I’ve been putting in recently. So from not gambling and putting my hours in to something more productive is starting to have a positive approach on my life and that extra money will definitely help towards me buying a house next year. Keep going guys it can only get better.

Posted : 11th November 2018 10:00 am
Stopping123
(@stopping123)

Stopping123 wrote:

Hit another milestone of 3 weeks which feels great and proud of myself for doing so! I have a lot more money in my account then I thought because of not gambling. Waiting for pay day on Thursday and will be in the positive again and the rebuild process will happen. Still have the major milestone of April next year for my trip to India where all the money I have saved I can use to having a good time there. Spoke to the guys yesterday and we might also go to Ibiza next summer also so even more of a reason not to gamble! I Have noticed the changes at work also as I have more time not worrying about gambling on my phone at work like betting on horses or playing slots/ roulette etc I’ve been getting a lot more done. My boss came over and had a chat with me about a pay rise which will happen next year due to them seeing the hours I’ve been putting in recently. So from not gambling and putting my hours in to something more productive is starting to have a positive approach on my life and that extra money will definitely help towards me buying a house next year. Keep going guys it can only get better.

Sorry put it in wrong post, hope things are getting better for you mate and feeling better!

Posted : 11th November 2018 1:34 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well I impressed myself today. Was having a bad morning waking up at 5 to a leaky roof and little row brewing with the hubby. Normally I'd hide away and bet but today I apologised to hubby, put on my slap and faced town. Spent money on the kids stockings and had a bit left over so brought myself a treat. I've never been able to do that for years.
Waking up each day I check if anyone's posted on here or see if anyone's replied to my post. Each day this is giving me a little more motivation and oomph to carry on. This site is my saving grace st the moment and I want to succeed.
Onwards and upwards

Posted : 11th November 2018 6:41 pm
Stopping123
(@stopping123)

Doing a great job of dealing with it not gambling. Bet you felt a lot better providing for your children and buying yourself a treat. Even doing little things like getting dressed up to your favourite clothes etc will make you feel good about yourself. I never took much pride in my appearance in terms of what I wore to work but now I’m putting a bit more thought in to it making me feel positive for the day. Keep going your doing well and getting through the hardest days well!

Posted : 11th November 2018 7:10 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close