3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
SamG
 SamG
(@samtrowsdale)
Topic starter

Hi Guys,

Havent been too active as of late as I’ve been focusing on other things in my life. I’m proud to say I’m currently at day 97/98 and I have had NOT had one bet. No spin of the wheel, no cheeky £1 scratch card.. literally nothing. About 13 weeks ago I found out I was going to be come a Dad. I had already stopped the gambling before I found this out after a loss. I have managed to save so much more money in this and feel a lot better in myself. Around day 50-70 I started finding it hard not betting as it literally was a hobbie before all this and I didn’t know what else to do when I was bored. However, I stuck it out. I am signed up to GamStop for 5 years and as each day goes on i know I’m one step closer. It’s been a rollercoaster of 4 years since I turned 18 and started gambling. But I hope I can say that is the end but the future will only tell. Can’t wait to find out if we are having a boy or a girl next Saturday I want to be the best parent and role model I can be. 

life is good and my mindset has changed. I believe in myself this time as I still have full control of my finances and I havent cracked under the pressure. When you put your mind to it you can overcome this hard addiction. I’m not saying I’m out the woods yet and it is down to me to stop this for good. But I’m proud of how far I’ve come and I will keep going. 

all the best stay safe

Posted : 12th July 2020 10:40 pm
kaskade1
(@kaskade1)

amazing what a tremendous achievement. Keep at it and good luck with the baby scan ?

Posted : 13th July 2020 8:28 pm
simples04
(@simples04)

What a nice post to read. Congrats pal

Posted : 14th July 2020 3:47 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close