418 betting transactions since Nov 9th…

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sinceninetyeight)
Topic starter

Firstly, it’s shocking. 418 separate transactions, deposits and withdrawals. 

SB, £600, 563 + £450 and WHO - £250

Figures are irrelevant. It’s the sheer volume of bets. 

I have a decent career, own a large 4 bed detached house, chn, 2 cars…yet I feel the need to be doing this? I think it’s the buzz, it’s almost simply the adrenaline rush from the numbers. (I don’t see it as cash!) the numbers going up or down in-play when my horse is running. The SUSP in a football game. That excitement that a bet may have just come in! 

On the 29th December alone, 58 separate transactions across the 3 sites, -£97 again, number are irrelevant but all that, across one day, for what? That’s my issue? 

What I would say, do these companies have duty of care? I’ve been off work, set holiday period, that’s one factor but surely these companies could look at my pattern of gambling especially since mid/late December? Call me / email me? Yet nothing? 

Today, after asking my partner if I can deposit a £10 - just for the football, I end up depositing £60 and another 4-6 transactions. From Nov - December I have 11 pages of betting transactions. 

Compulsive. 100% Chasing a buzz? Not sure what kind of addict I would be described as, but when I am not working and have time on my hands, I chase that buzz. 

Only saving grace is I’ve plenty in savings that I’ve NEVER touched - I’ve gambled since 1997/98. I’ve paid out right for a holiday in the U.K. and abroad for Easter and Summer this year. Why isn’t all this enough? 

Sorry for the ramble, todays betting - the asking for £10 and taking lots more. Dishonest. Not the person I want to be. Again, it’s not the value, my average deposit is £20. 

Take care guys, let’s hope 2022 is better for us all and my transactions come down a LOT, I feel going cold Turkey might be unrealistic but I am open to thoughts and ideas…especially if you relate and have managed to change! 

Posted : 3rd January 2022 10:42 pm
(@sinceninetyeight)
Topic starter

Thanks for your reply. Only Moses I know, parted the Red Sea, if you believe in fairy tales? 

If only it was that simple…

Posted : 3rd January 2022 11:23 pm
(@maxmaher)

Back again ?

What is this now the 4/5 post you've done complaining ?

i'm fairly sure i remember in one thread you did you were trying to justify to yourself the binge gambling was ok ?

Clearly you have been on a losing streak over Christmas and now off on another rant 

What is is that you want ? this is a recovery forum not a gambling losses agony aunt 

If you want to stop ban yourself get a dairy 

Nobody cares what you think should be happening with operators , how many transactions you've made or how long its been going on for 

Get on with it

Posted : 4th January 2022 11:24 am
(@sinceninetyeight)
Topic starter

Cheers for the advice and support Max. 

i won’t post again, seems this isn’t the forum for me. No malice intended in any post - just a realisation of my ways over the last 6 weeks and if anyone had managed to find a solution. I’ve self excluded the accounts, that’s a start. 

take care 

Posted : 4th January 2022 11:39 am
(@mobilephone)

@maxmaher is clearly butthurt or easily offended @sinceninetyeight you have freedom of speech and expression; it's a fundamental right. @maxmaher in my experience comes across as rude and sometimes arrogant - He commented on my old post on how to write debt off giving you freedom to a new life which he has since deleted his comments as he didn't agree that 'compulsive gambling' is actually a mental health disorder - many GPs also agree.

The forum can be a hard place, but please don't ever let anyone silence your options or thoughts.

Take care.

Posted : 4th January 2022 6:02 pm
(@maxmaher)

Posted by: mobilephone

@maxmaher is clearly butthurt or easily offended @sinceninetyeight you have freedom of speech and expression; it's a fundamental right. @maxmaher in my experience comes across as rude and sometimes arrogant - He commented on my old post on how to write debt off giving you freedom to a new life which he has since deleted his comments as he didn't agree that 'compulsive gambling' is actually a mental health disorder - many GPs also agree.

The forum can be a hard place, but please don't ever let anyone silence your options or thoughts.

Take care.

I haven't deleted any comments , you were telling people to write their gambling debts off by getting a doctor to certify them with a mental health disorder

Gambling is not a mental health disorder its a personality disorder instigated and sustained by a persons level of greed and selfishness

You have the ability to change your personality every single day many choose not too and especially with gambling always want the easiest fast way out of the hole

Posted : 5th January 2022 10:22 am
Detrimental
(@detrimental)

To be fair to Max, sometimes it is a bit much for people to come on here, repeating the same message when they have been given advice previously. Maybe a kick up the backside is what they really need. It is hard to sympathise with someone who is boasting about owing a big house, 2 cars etc.

To the OP - you are fortunate that your stakes a fairly low and that you seem able to at least control that aspect. Yes, you are a GA, but seem to be damaging your mental health rather than your wealth. Key trigger to watch out for would be increasing your stakes, as this could badly spiral. Hopefully you can find some excitement elsewhere in your life.

Posted : 5th January 2022 12:07 pm
(@mobilephone)

Posted by: maxmaher

Gambling is not a mental health disorder its a personality disorder instigated and sustained by a persons level of greed and selfishness

@maxmaher

Compulsive gambling is psychological. Also any outlining health conditions may cause a trigger worsening the addiction.

On The Debt and Mental Health Evidence Form (DMHEF), it says 'Does this person have mental health?' and the Doctor ticks 'Yes' and writes 'Gambling addiction' in the box; along with any other possible conditions.

It's a drug you can't see but can get certain treatments for - e.g certain prescriptions similar ones used to treat alcohol dependency, phycology, consultations and of course GA meetings. Ultimately, whether you agree or not it plays a massive toll on someones mental health; some more than others. In the states at least, according to DSM-5 it is a mental disorder when someone can no longer control the impulse to gamble.

We classify Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) as a mental illness.... Compulsive gambling no different - key word 'Compulsive'.

Many websites also backing it up as a mental disorder...

https://knowtheodds.org/blog/gambling-disorder-mental-illness/

Posted : 5th January 2022 12:32 pm
(@mobilephone)

DSM-5 only includes mental health conditions as such;

https://www.ncpgambling.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/DSM-5-Diagnostic-Criteria-Gambling-Disorder.pdf

'From the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders'

Posted : 5th January 2022 12:35 pm
(@mobilephone)

Also

However, creditors are only likely to agree to writing off debts in the most serious cases. They’re very likely to ask for proof, such as medical evidence, before they’ll consider this option.

If you're dealing with a mental health issue that can affect your ability to repay what you owe, it may help you to let your creditors know.

If you send a debt and mental health evidence form (DMHEF), completed by a health or social care worker, your creditors may be more considerate when dealing with you.

https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/dealing-with-debt-problems/can-i-write-off-debt.aspx

https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/debt-and-mental-health-evidence-form.aspx

Many creditors actually advise you to visit stepchange and guess what? They have a page on write-offs as a solution to unmanageable debt. I have already proved to you that this works previously. If your GP doesn't agree that gambling addiction is a mental illness it might be worth asking for a different doctor or phycologist because IT DOES change the brain chemistry and way of thinking.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by mobilephone

Posted : 5th January 2022 12:39 pm
Joydivider
(@joydivider)

Hi SNE

I mean this with tough love but you have been venting for a while under the confusion that the iron grip of the addiction causes. 

The number of times and each amount is totally relevant but your addiction is telling you its only money and to leave the door open for another go.

It adds up as you know and you cant kid yourself any longer tbat you can start with a little go or have a system

its not a stupidity or greed issue. its a drug addiction that grabs people who could be sensible with money in other areas

If every shop short changed SNE or charged you a pound extra you would be miffed.... yet you risk and gamble your money like there is no tomorrow

You know its a vice and a mugs game!

Is this something you can tell your father for example because gambling is not for you and the cold turkey must start with all the help you can get

I understand believe me! Ive put the price of a very nice house into gambling because I was an addict and never added up all the amounts..... it adds up fast and i could never face it because I didnt relly know I was a J****E which will be starred out by the auto moderator..... dont know why as I was as bad as any substance drug addict and its a true word to describe my condition.

You have to stop now and get your savings protected. If you carry on gambling your losses will skyrocket as its a progressive illness just trying to get the same brain drug fix

Act now! We wish you all the best for a life FREE from gambling

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Joydivider

Posted : 5th January 2022 4:16 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close