403 days GF all nearly ruined by a nightout

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Martin91
(@martin91)
Topic starter

Hi everyone I’ve not posted on here for a very long time.

as you can see from the title I’m currently on day 403 gf but it was very nearly reset to 0, I was on a nightout on Saturday with my friends and all of a sudden a argument happened near midnight and we were all drunk too which didn’t help. 
it ended with me storming out the pub being emotional and deciding to walk 5 miles or more home . I was so upset and so frustrated I just wanted to gamble . I walked probably 3miles trying to get on sites but with the blocks in place I just couldn’t do it . I ended up by the side of a road in a big field just breaking down and calling the call us now number from this site , I’ve never called it before but haven’t felt that bad for a very very very long time. After a 10min call in floods of tears my fiancée rang my phone it was probably about half 1 by then and she came and got me. I’ve not felt that low in so long the argument was one of my best friends randomly saying they don’t want to come to our wedding and with the shock + alcohol it sent me over the edge and I couldn’t cope mentally. Now today I’ve still felt down but still haven’t gambled for the pure fact I literally can’t.

would like also to say thankyou to the gam care call operator , she really helped me when I needed it the most, so thankyou!

Posted : 13th September 2020 9:10 pm
Detrimental
(@detrimental)

Posted by: Martin91

Hi everyone I’ve not posted on here for a very long time.

as you can see from the title I’m currently on day 403 gf but it was very nearly reset to 0, I was on a nightout on Saturday with my friends and all of a sudden a argument happened near midnight and we were all drunk too which didn’t help. 
it ended with me storming out the pub being emotional and deciding to walk 5 miles or more home . I was so upset and so frustrated I just wanted to gamble . I walked probably 3miles trying to get on sites but with the blocks in place I just couldn’t do it . I ended up by the side of a road in a big field just breaking down and calling the call us now number from this site , I’ve never called it before but haven’t felt that bad for a very very very long time. After a 10min call in floods of tears my fiancée rang my phone it was probably about half 1 by then and she came and got me. I’ve not felt that low in so long the argument was one of my best friends randomly saying they don’t want to come to our wedding and with the shock + alcohol it sent me over the edge and I couldn’t cope mentally. Now today I’ve still felt down but still haven’t gambled for the pure fact I literally can’t.

would like also to say thankyou to the gam care call operator , she really helped me when I needed it the most, so thankyou!

Hope you're OK now Martin.

I hope things work out OK with the friend (but secretly I really hope you have axed them from the wedding plans, as they sound like a bit of a n*b!)

Posted : 14th September 2020 11:48 am
MythDunk
(@mythdunk)

As @detrimental states above the situation was initiated by your mate acting like a *n*b!

However in the emotionally distressed state you were in you did what a lot of addicts do and you sought that false zone of supposed security, i.e. you searched for the behavioral patterns that you were 'comfortable' with. In this case an attempt to gamble. 

I can understand why after all this time you feel down not just about the actual incident but the way you responded to it and could very easily have ended your impressive run of abstention from gambling. However, whether through luck, sites being blocked, whatever... you didn't have a bet and you have potentially saved yourself and your bank account from a ruinous episode. I would treat this as a lesson learned and in fact a lesson learnt for all of us who read your post that although in general it does get easier as time goes by - none of us should take it for granted that we are 'cured'. 

Best of luck to you and whoever attends or doesn't...I hope you have a great wedding and fantastic gamble free future together. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by MythDunk

Posted : 14th September 2020 4:12 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close