341 days

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@walks15)
Topic starter

Hi everyone, I just wanted too pop on and give an update, im now 341 days gambling free, I can't believe its nearly been a year. Im not gonna sit here and say its a piece of cake because it really is not, but I just want too acknowledge my journey and give myself a pat on the back. For others struggling I just want too reassure you there is hope, I was in a dark place when I first come on gamcare, but with help, I got on the right track. It is possible! Is it a battle yes! But with firstly being honest with yourself and others and secondly wanting a change thats the start of your journey. If you look back on my previous posts you will see I understand and have been through a fight myself. Please Take care and give yourself some self love because beating yourself up only makes the trap of gambling harder too resist. It was my escape from my feelings but its a false sense of security thats the thing with any addiction, helps for a short period before it bites you on the b*m. THERES HOPE. THERES HELP, THERES PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND, YOUR NOT ALONE? 

Posted : 27th March 2022 10:19 pm
(@gerard-g)

Wow what a beautiful post. I'm so thrilled for you. Thanks for the words of encouragement and hope. 

Posted : 28th March 2022 1:49 am
(@walks15)
Topic starter

@gerard-g  Thank you so much, and I just know it can feel there isn't away out, but there is steps we can do. Take care mate

Posted : 28th March 2022 9:09 am
(@andy-gez)

Well done mate. I hope I can achieve the same myself.

Posted : 28th March 2022 8:52 pm
(@walks15)
Topic starter

@andy-gez thanks one step at a time mate

Posted : 29th March 2022 10:37 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close