Topic starter

2020 challenge weekly check in ALL WELCOME 2021

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 10th February 2021 6:38 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Carryna

Thank you for starting a new challenge topic for 2021! We have made it a sticky so it will appear at the top of the 'Overcoming Problem Gambling' forum, and we'll make a link to this topic from the 2020 challenge so people can find it.

Best wishes for 2021 everyone.

Forum Admin

Posted : 14th February 2021 11:31 am
(@moregamesmoreproblem)

Hi, thanks for starting this one. I'm checking in with 10 GF days!!!!!! 

Posted : 14th February 2021 2:43 pm
(@rgc123)

Hi Everyone,

I'm 15 Days Gamble Free after finally admitting to my addiction. Have put all possible barriers in place that I have been advised to by the GamCare staff. I'm looking forward to keeping up the progress throughout the year and beating this addiction that has taken over my life for 12 years.

RGC123

Posted : 14th February 2021 5:51 pm
Amba
 Amba
(@amba)

Hello to all.

86 days gamble free - the gambling blocks seem to be working, think it would be a different story without them. 

Good luck and kind wishes to everyone.

Posted : 15th February 2021 8:10 am
(@stace123)

hi im 7 days gf today well done every one and for the peeps who say does it really count when you have blocks in place yes it does because if you really wanted to gambled u wud find a way and put them there so you truley want to give up 

Posted : 18th April 2021 4:48 pm
bdog
 bdog
(@bdog)

Hi all,

I was a frequent poster on these challenges and they helped me so much. A gambler for over 30 years and today gamble free for over 870 days.

Thank you for setting this up again. keep supporting each other. Keep posting. What seems impossible is possible. 

Posted : 8th May 2021 9:25 am
bdog
 bdog
(@bdog)

930 days gf.

these challenges helped me to get here. Keep them going 

Posted : 14th July 2021 11:19 pm
(@helpme34)

Not sure if this counts but on my 2nd day gam free. Not much but iflt feels huge. I've gambled online everyday for 4 years,mostly all through the day. Feels weird no too. I'm reading stories on here to keep me distracted. I put blocks in place and so glad I did. I thought they'd 'just be a precautions' but today found myself wondering if there's anyway around them. Sometimes just having to stop and think about it is enough though to give me time to come to my senses. 

I have just got engaged and we're starting to think about venues and then there is the issue of deposits! I thought, I wish I hadn't put gamstop in place as I need to win my bit of the deposit as obviously I have no money. Then I thought... Well, if gambering is meant to solve all your money problems... Why don't you have any and why are you in so much debt! It's crazy really. I tell myself I gamble because I need money and yet, if I didn't gamble I'd have all that I need. I am glad that I've done something positive. I'm just worried that now I won't have any chance of clearing my debt before my partner finds out.... Enough rambling for one post! Thanks for reading 

Posted : 4th October 2021 6:26 pm
(@helpme34)

Not sure if this counts but on my 2nd day gam free. Not much but iflt feels huge. I've gambled online everyday for 4 years,mostly all through the day. Feels weird no too. I'm reading stories on here to keep me distracted. I put blocks in place and so glad I did. I thought they'd 'just be a precautions' but today found myself wondering if there's anyway around them. Sometimes just having to stop and think about it is enough though to give me time to come to my senses. 

I have just got engaged and we're starting to think about venues and then there is the issue of deposits! I thought, I wish I hadn't put gamstop in place as I need to win my bit of the deposit as obviously I have no money. Then I thought... Well, if gambering is meant to solve all your money problems... Why don't you have any and why are you in so much debt! It's crazy really. I tell myself I gamble because I need money and yet, if I didn't gamble I'd have all that I need. I am glad that I've done something positive. I'm just worried that now I won't have any chance of clearing my debt before my partner finds out.... Enough rambling for one post! Thanks for reading 

Posted : 4th October 2021 6:26 pm
(@panayiotis)

i have not gambled since last year on the 31st of december which was my last bet i had... i then told my self this is it i have had enough im going into the new year with a positive mindset and positive attitude and thats what i have done im now 9 months free of gambling any form of it. but i want to inspire and help others now !!!

Posted : 16th October 2021 9:15 pm
(@marandu)

Hi am on day 1 today,I like challenges,after a week I will come to post,please let us keep posting, together we can,thanks

Posted : 25th April 2022 6:40 am
(@sophiebrayden6)

I have just got engaged and we're starting to think about venues and then there is the issue of deposits! I thought, I wish I hadn't put gamstop in place as I need to win my bit of the deposit as obviously I have no money.

Then I thought Well, if gambering is meant to solve all your money problems.Why don't you have any and why are you in so much debt! It's crazy really.

I tell myself I gamble because I need money and yet, if I didn't gamble I'd have all that I need. I am glad that I've done something positive. 

Courtesy Accounting

This post was modified 2 years ago by sophiebrayden6
This post was modified 2 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 18th May 2022 7:42 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close