[Closed] 2019 Challenge

910 Posts
95 Users
2 Likes
119.2 K Views
(@edinstead)

Dear Forum Admin

Thank you for your helpful and supportive post. Now that I am pretty much through the painful immediate aftermath of the latest losses, I need to bring about lifestyle changes that can last for the rest of the year and beyond.

I am hopeful that I can do this without directly involving an advisor but it is reassuring to know that there is help out there if it all gets too much for me at any point.

Ideally, I want to be able to throw all of my energy into building up my business and gradually paying off the debts from the last few years rather than using up my energy having to deal with the effects of self-destruction that gambling has brought me.

Day 2 now with many more to come.

Posted : 9th September 2019 11:55 pm
Redbar
(@redbar)

Checking in again gf 

Posted : 10th September 2019 9:20 pm
bdog
 bdog
(@bdog)

Checking in

Head down and go again @adam123

blips happen in all walks of life. Recognising them and acting on them is far more important than the numbers. Have a good weekend mate

Posted : 14th September 2019 8:15 am
Neil C.
(@neil-c)

Hello Everyone, checking in for the week on day 911.

First time i have checked in for a long time, still gamble free and thankfully don't think about gambling much at all, i have the odd thought every now and again, but swiftly knock the thought out of my head.  Over the last few months i have managed to go on a nice summer holiday with my family, and also start to organise and pay off another holiday for next year to Florida.  None of this i would have thought possible just 2 and a half years ago.  Well done to everyone who is staying gamble free, and to those who have had a set back, thats all it is, a set back! Well done for getting back up, dusting yourself off and going again.  

On a side note, does anyone know how to change your password on here as i can't find out how to do it, and have been stuck with a stupid password since the site changed over and thats why i don't log on so much as i can't get it to auto set.  

Neil 

Posted : 14th September 2019 10:15 am
(@edinstead)

Only Day 7 but I am staying strong and I feel like I am making proper changes and plans this time around. I am well aware that my danger zone is normally after several weeks/months rather than days but facing my demons head on, accepting the damage that I have done and understanding the fact that gambling offers me nothing positive (as I would just lose any wins in the end anyway) seems to be helping a lot. 

I plan to stop counting once I get to 50 or 100 days, as I think that my brain needs to reach the point where gambling becomes little more that a past memory without daily reminders, but it is great to see the success stories like Neil on 911 days!

Stay strong everyone and keep posting so that we can all learn and gain strength from each other's posts.

Posted : 14th September 2019 10:53 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Posted by: Neil C.

On a side note, does anyone know how to change your password on here as i can't find out how to do it, and have been stuck with a stupid password since the site changed over and thats why i don't log on so much as i can't get it to auto set.  

Neil 

Hello Neil, Forum Admin here, this is the procedure for password changes:  log into your account > go to your profile page > click edit my profile > update password

We have also emailed you, so any problems with this, please email us back and we'll sort it out for you.

Kind regards

Forum Admin

Posted : 14th September 2019 11:25 am
needtostopnow
(@needtostopnow)

checking in day 1 again

Posted : 14th September 2019 8:21 pm
onlyme
(@onlyme)

Checking in for the week gf 

Posted : 14th September 2019 10:16 pm
Walliss77
(@walliss77)

Checking in.

Posted : 15th September 2019 9:10 am
(@successstory13)

Checking in, Day 31. 

Keep it up everyone. 

Posted : 15th September 2019 10:15 am
(@matt692)

Checking in for another week gf!

Posted : 15th September 2019 1:50 pm
jonlostmydoe
(@jonlostmydoe)

Checking in gamble free for the week. 

Posted : 15th September 2019 2:35 pm
(@adam123)

checking in on day 5, stumbled on Tuesday but back

Posted : 15th September 2019 4:22 pm
dswright1
(@dswright1)

Checking in gf. 932 days.

Posted : 15th September 2019 4:27 pm
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)
Topic starter

Welcome back Neil.C (who looked after this challenge last year !).

Great to see you are still gambling free and having a full family life.

walliss77 - 3560

onlyme - 1282

Samson - 1100

dswright1 - 931

Neil C. - 912

Redbar - 861

Johnlostmydo - 421

K2 - 384

bdog - 260

Matt692 - 68

SuccessStory13 - 32

Edinstead - 8

Adam123 - 5

needtostopnow - 2

Posted : 16th September 2019 8:32 am
Page 52 / 61

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close