Support us

[Sticky] Want to DO Something? --> READ THIS!  

Page 6 / 6

zhevonsu
(@zhevonsu)

Thank you for this link, Ineffable. Gamstop is an exciting new initiative that will genuinely help our recovery as we seek to remain gambling free.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24th March 2019 6:16 pm
Xxformexx
(@xxformexx)

Something clicked and I realised my life is out of control, all down to gambling. Slots/games online. Just one last tenner, oh just twenty more and so on. I was stuck in a rut, still could be. It's so hard. I last gambled 21/03/19. I have been offered a lifeline several times, was once gf for over a year. Thought I could control it, stupidly started again, with limits on account, these limits soon fiddled with, and an obscene amount of money being lost again. I started lying to my husband again. I have come clean to him again, he knows it all, he's standing by me again. But this has to be it, I can't keep taking the P**s out of him, its reallly not fair.

For the last 10 days I haven't gambled I feel fantastic! I am no longer snappy, hiding in the bedroom on my iPad. I have spent lovely time with my husband, it really is much better.

However I do know I have a long way to go, I joined this site on th 21/03 hoping it would help. Reading others inspiring journeys has helped. This has to be it for me, there can be no going back. I am so lucky to be given another chance and I am about to become debt free, which as amazing as it is it worries the hell out of me. Because for the first time in many years I will have money. Which I am determined will not be spent on gambling, I will be getting my life back.

For Me x

ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st April 2019 8:16 am
Solksjaer20
(@solksjaer20)

Really enjoyed ur post mixer.ive just joined and thats the first thing i read.comforting to know i aint the only one who feels like i do because of this lonely disease.gonna put some of those tips into practice.cheers again

ReplyQuote
Posted : 8th April 2019 6:36 pm
Mixer
(@mixer)

Thanks Solksjaer20; I'm glad you found it useful.

Our addiction can be tamed, it can be controlled, one valuable day at a time.

We can lead a different, fulfilled, life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27th December 2019 11:39 am
joeyjamieo
(@joeyjamieo)

I have overcome gambling and for months now I have worked hard, paid debts and actually saved money! I want to reach out because I need closure and I cannot stand the idea of it happening to anyone else as bad as it did for me. I’m 21 now and it all started once I turned 18. I have insights that people need to get over this and help them through. Reply if you want help. I’ve been to hell and back and now I need to help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd September 2020 12:59 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Joeyjamieo , 

Well done on overcoming gambling for the time you have , it's great to hear this. 

And thank you for offering support to other users on the forum . 

Contact us anytime on 0808 8020 133 or via our website on our Netline service should you or anyone else here need any support moving forward , keep up the good work . 

Kirk 

Forum Admin 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd September 2020 9:16 pm
Buggs1
(@buggs1)

I have finally admitted I have a gambling addiction and trying to find the route of why I started gambling in the first place. 

I have been gambling for 7 years and racked up £26000 worth of debt through it. 

I have finally taken the steps I need to get myself out of this cycle and deal with the real problems at hand. The original post is so helpful and reading the comments gives me hope that I didn't have before that I can quit and get me back into a stable financial situation once more and more importantly a stable mental well-being. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 5th November 2020 7:22 am
FOBT OFf
(@fobt-338)

I have been gambling on and off since 2012. 8 years, in which I served a 25 month sentence for attempted robbery on a bookmakers. While in lockdown I have slipped backwards. Despite turning my life around and gaining a first-class Honours degree, gambling has reared it's ugly head again! I have suffered today and yesterday but I am putting in steps again. The post and comments are a good read, thanks. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th December 2020 10:48 pm
Page 6 / 6