Slipped up

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
hiddenaddict
(@hiddenaddict)
Topic starter

After 2 weeks gamble free I’ve fallen into my old habits. Back gambling, winning, losing and losing in the end as we all know.

Just venting my anger on here, want to stop, need to stop.

Whenever I have money in my account it burns a hole in my pocket until the lot has gone. I’ve just managed to repair some of my debts but still have some to pay. Trying to win to cover these which I know is ridiculous

I’m a compulsive gambler and stopping is my only route to a better life.

When will I learn.

Posted : 9th January 2018 7:02 pm
(@Anonymous)

-

Posted : 9th January 2018 9:03 pm
loner4736
(@loner4736)

I know how it feels. I started off the new year with more determination than i've had in a very long time - arguably more determination then i've ever had, ever - to change my story and stop gambling. I had money coming in but I wasn't gambling it, it was being used for what it was meant to be used for.

I lasted six and a half days and i've now slipped three times in four days - the third time being probably about 90 minutes ago.

Even though it's been for relatively small amounts, it's still not the point because it's everything i've got - again.

It's hard to see the slips as bumps in the road when you keep going over them. I know i need to wake up tomorrow and re-capture that determination I had not ten days ago but it's hard.

I wish you well fringe31 and hope you can find it in you to stop.

Posted : 10th January 2018 10:43 pm
(@Anonymous)

dont always beat yourself up if you had a bet.
getting down about it and things in general will make you think sod it and do it again at higher stakes think positive that you did a bet in a controlled manor at an amount you comfortable with. like other addictions going cold turkey so to speak not always the best option.
All that said some of the best ways i find to stop myself from gambling are things like getting fit and exercise and also to maybe right down in a book the way you feel or a few instructions to yourself so if you get the urge to bet big reading what you wrote may act as reality check before you act.

Posted : 11th January 2018 1:24 am
(@gamhelp)

* You slipped because you are an addict.

* You slipped because you left loopholes open and have opportunities to gamble.

* You slipped because you have the money to gamble.

Somehow you think that determination is going to somehow overcome a full blown addiction?? WRONG.

Click on my username and click through to my blog where you can see all the things you are not currently doing which you NEED to do right away.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome" - Albert Einstein.

So... if you want things to be different, start doing things different.

All the best
Mike

Posted : 14th January 2018 1:05 pm
(@Anonymous)

Yes, I haven't played and lost for few weeks, and this weekend I started playing those machines and lost a lot of money. Not sure how to ahndle it, when I am losing I am trying to gamble again.

Posted : 14th January 2018 6:21 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close