365 days...

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@sunshineonarainyday)
Topic starter

What a day today is...

365 days gamble free. I woke up on this day 1 year ago looking for my gamble fix a year on I woke and got ready and took my children out for the day and absolutely loved it.

This time last year I wouldn't have had time or not enough money because I wanted to keep money for gambling. 

This year has had more ups than downs, I have struggled on many days but have not given in, I also make sure to pat myself on the back at bed time that another day passes.

Just because it has been 365 days does not mean I don't have a Gambling weakness and it is all done and dusted I realise this will be with me for the rest of my life. But I hope and prey that I become stronger.

My triangle is and will continue to be in place, my prevention for accessing sites is in place. 

Let's take each day as it comes. Because I look at what I have now and it is amazing, no dark cloud over me, no worries of hiding things and the love for family time and my time and being able to enjoy life has and will always be worth it.

Today, has been about me and looking at myself with pride.

Posted : 21st November 2021 2:07 am
Vin47
(@vin47)

Well done on this. I’ve just seen on my profile it’s 365 days for me today. What a difference a year makes. Let’s keep strong and not slip back into old bad habits. 

Posted : 21st November 2021 7:54 am
(@sunshineonarainyday)
Topic starter

Well done Vin47!!!

I 100% agree what a difference a year makes. A much better life.

Wishing you all the best for your future. Stay strong and enjoy your freedom 

Posted : 21st November 2021 10:51 am
Sam1987
(@sam1987)

Congrats on your 1 year achievement! I got to 100 days nearly and relapsed so back to day 1 for me.

Any more tips to remain on the straight and narrow?

Sam

Posted : 21st November 2021 9:02 pm
Vin47
(@vin47)

Getting to 100 days is some achievement Sam. For me, being unable to access online slots is the biggest help. If you haven’t already sign up to Gamstop to help yourself stay away from online gambling. 

Posted : 21st November 2021 10:58 pm
Vin47
(@vin47)

Thanks sunshine. Wishing you all the best too. 

Posted : 21st November 2021 10:59 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello  Sunshineonarainyday

Well done on achieving 1 year gamble free - how wonderful and so inspiring for everyone to read!

As you have rightly stated One Day At A Time.

Thank you once again for sharing with us all here on the Forum.

Truly awesome!

Best

Forum Admin 

Posted : 23rd November 2021 7:10 am
(@sunshineonarainyday)
Topic starter

Hi Sam.

Apologies for the late reply.

Please don't feel bad for a relapse these things happen, but you won't move on if you hold the regret for this relapse.

Never ever look back your not going that way.

I am unsure of your situation and if you have support around you, if you are holding this in then my first advice is don't, the best thing for me was telling my partner and very close family, my husband told me if I was caught then it may have been a different reaction but I was honest and I believe because I was honest it has helped my recovery.

At first when I had the urge that I wanted to gamble I felt guilty and wouldn't say anything, but I cried to my husband and he said just say it to him or whoever is near to me.

Our minds automatically fear the worse but opening up about it removes the weight and the dark cloud becomes lighter.

Be honest, keep a triangle in place. Change your routine, put the gambling blocks in place Gamban or similar also with your bank put them in place.

Stay positive and strong.

One Day At A Time, its not a race.

Posted : 5th December 2021 12:12 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close