Support us

2019 and back again  

Ford2017
(@ford2017)

Been gambling loads for months now and Friday I blew everything I had. I got to that point that most compulsive gamblers get too where I just wanted to lose and wasn’t bothered. So im on day 1 and obviously haven’t gambled because I can’t. Is this time any different? I hope so it’s tiring I’m 40 years old and still doing the same things as when I was 21. When will I learn. 
So today I haven’t gambled but all I think about is money and what I’ve lost. I know it’ll get easier with time. Gonna make an effort to post every day. Support and comments are appreciated no one knows really what it is like apart from you guys who’ve been through it too. 

Thanks Ford

Posted : 30th November 2019 5:55 pm
Ford2017
(@ford2017)

Day 2, feeing a lot better today and making plans for the month. Been here so many times I find it extraordinary how I am able to overcome losses with everyone around me none the wiser. I hope to be able to do it, I’ve done years off gambling before and I’d love to be able to function without the temptation and need to gamble. 

have a good day

Ford

ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st December 2019 11:51 am
Murlo
(@murlo)

Hi Ford,

My story seems similar to yours. Stopped gambling for long periods in the past, managed to sort myself out without anyone knowing anything. This time the relapse had such an impact that I had to tell my family. I am glad I did. I can't be trusted with much money at the mo so needed someone to take care of it for me. Each time I relapse I convince myself I can gamble for fun again. I can't. It has to be never again now. The only way I am getting through this so far is self exclusion, handing over my finances and GamCare's support.

Good that you are here. One day at a time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st December 2019 2:18 pm
Ford2017
(@ford2017)

Thanks Murlo. Yeah it’s tough to realise you can’t do it as a pastime like millions of others but that’s the reality. Each day at a time is all I’m thinking for now. Thanks for replying 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st December 2019 8:28 pm
Ford2017
(@ford2017)

Feeling really positive today which is day 4. Friday I felt terrible but each day is getting better. Really gonna make a conscious effort to post at least every week. Great to speak with others that are doing so well and those at similar times to me. From experience you can’t stop on your own you need the support of the people on here who understand the difficulties. Got a lot planned this month so hopefully I keep my mind occupied. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd December 2019 10:47 am