101 Days

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
seany26
(@seany26)
Topic starter

Today is 101 days that I haven't gambled! 

A milestone for someone who would bet every single day and waste every single penny they had on something so destructive for the last 17 years! It is crazy to think I am only 33 and still have so much of my life ahead of me even though this illness has tormented me for years.  Do I think about gambling? In all honesty I probably think about gambling once or twice a week but I am far more focused and happier now gambling no longer rules my life.  I hope this post is proof that there is a way to stop you just need to find what is right for you in order to help.  I found counselling worked and is still working to this day.  In  a strange way it was actually nice openly talking about gambling and the way it has ruined my life and knowing the other person was not going to judge me. 

I found there is only two things that have helped me in my recovery up to now.  Recognizing that gambling have taken over my life, that I have a problem and I am not alone and that many people suffer at the hands of this awful illness.  That I am a normal person and that an addiction is not selective it can affect anyone no matter their background.  Secondly wanting to do something about it! knowing that once I have started on this road of recovery there is no going back.  And if you really want something bad enough, if you really want to change your life for the better you can do it.

Thank you for all the support, I wish everyone single one of you the very best in your recovery! Live the life you want and the life you deserve! 

This topic was modified 3 years ago 3 times by seany26

Posted : 15th April 2021 12:53 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Well done Seany thats fantastic to hear 

Your doing amazing 

Lou x

Posted : 15th April 2021 5:30 pm
(@stace123)

yes very inspiring story and well done ??

Posted : 15th April 2021 10:08 pm
(@e_anon)

This is such an inspiring post. Thank you for sharing and really great to hear.

Posted : 16th April 2021 4:22 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close