It seems a lot more responsive much easier to type a message. I never got a notification if you replying to the post even though I subscribed and just the couple of questions I put aboumve York now.
Hopefully it will get a positive response it will just take some getting used. Just realised we have spell check and I can use 😀😄☺️☺️☺️🙃🙂🙃😗😘😘
Observation: when you go to different section you can't see what's a new thread as all same colour. I'm using iPhone and it is difficult to distinguish between 'stickies' at top of page and topics. Also took me an age to find my diary. Clicking on our names doesn't differentiate between our own topics and our responses to others.
Great I can use emojis!
Not great...This site is ridiculously hard to navigate & my user profile, for what that’s worth now since it doesn’t direct me to my diary, has been changed with a new profile pic & intro!
Why on earth would we want to read a thread from the beginning when some are thousands of posts long, or only go straight to the last post?!?
I did try to email “you” but since I got put on moderation I can’t so despite the fact that GamCare probably saved my life it looks like I may be finally done with it!
Dear @ODAAT ,
you are not on moderation but even if you were you still should be able to email us so please do if and when you have any concerns.
Unfortunately this is a common theme, people are unable to find their diaries, we will pass this on to the developers, please bare with us.
Thank you very much for your patience and for taking the time to feed back.
All the best,
@merry-go-round will feedback all your observations to developer
@cynical-wife I just had a little look on an iPhone and I found that once I selected my Forum/Thread if I swipe up (scroll) the tab just becomes a small bubble, not so in the way.
@alan-135 frankly, I had a look and couldn't find your diary either. I will also reply to your email.
Please bare with us all, we are tweaking here and there, all feedback is helpful.
All the best,
I absolutely don’t want an email when someone responds to me, the last few in my inbox have been from GC, largely automated. My kids sometimes look in my inbox with my permission if there’s the prospect of an email concerning them. When I first looked at the forum and thought about reaching out, I was worried about confidentiality and these automated messages would have totally discouraged me. Definitely a feature that needs to be optional.
Also, I find that bubble v annoying and intrusive and I would like it to be optional. If I want to chat, I can figure it out, I don’t need the bubble in my face.
On the plus side, it is a lot easier to type messages.
Hi Admin , I have to agree with CW above regarding the email thing it’s really annoying to have the phone pinging all the time , I can’t say I’m overly impressed at the moment as topics and threads aren’t that clearly displayed, by which I mean a lack of defining colours and borders as with the old site ? Maybe I’ll get used to it but in the plus side it’s easier to type and the spellcheck and emojis come in useful 👍😁.
I think a few of the points raised above are valid.
1. think we need the first unread post button back
2. It would be nice if when clicking on someones profile we can see the treads they have started so can reply back to them
3. The same to find my diary the only way i can do that is by scrolling through my activity and finding a post where i have comment on my own diary.
4. Like CW said O'm not sure of the need for the like to chat button.
5. i thought i would check if the views are accurate some went on my diary and refreshed and every time i did this it went by 2 meaning I'm only half as popular as I thought lol
6. Love that i can subscribe and and get notifications, but think this should be opt in rather than having to opt out.
7. like that we have spell check and can use emojis.
8. Just curious if some on the silly words that where previously censored are? *** crack and ***