211 days

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)
Topic starter

Postman just been & delivered a bank statement. No panic, no need to hide or destroy it. No gambling deposits to show & nothing to hide. Thank god for self exclusion and a genuine desire to change. Today i will not gamble.

Stay Strong

AL

Posted : 9th March 2019 1:15 pm
Lost my life
(@lost-my-life)

I like this comment al - LML

Posted : 10th March 2019 11:06 am
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)

alwalm wrote:

Postman just been & delivered a bank statement. No panic, no need to hide or destroy it. No gambling deposits to show & nothing to hide. Thank god for self exclusion and a genuine desire to change. Today i will not gamble.

Stay Strong

AL

Loving this AL

I'm away on holiday this week, but will be going "offline" anyway from tonight & avoiding the worst week of the year.

Stay strong and always watch out for that devil called complacency.

In unity, strength & solidarity.

My names Ken and I'm a compulsive gambler, my last bet was 27th August 2018

Posted : 11th March 2019 9:21 am
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)
Topic starter

Hi Ken,

Thanks for posting have a fantastic holiday. Im looking forward to you reaching another milestone on Friday which will be 200 days for you i believe.Ill have a glass of wine to celebrate a fantastic achievement.

Stay Strong

AL

Posted : 11th March 2019 10:45 am
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)

Hi AL,

just seeing if you are ok ?

Noticed you haven't posted in a while.

Stay strong my friend.

Posted : 25th March 2019 9:45 am
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)

Hi AL,

Just to let you know, that I (and I'm sure others) are thinking of you and missing you posting on here.

If you have lapsed, the only thing to do is start again.

If you needed a chat in person, let forum admin know and I would be happy to have a chat.

I've always said, "don't invest in another addicts recovery", but its not the same doing it without you.

Stay strong my friend - we are in this together.

Posted : 5th April 2019 3:59 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)
Topic starter

Hi Ken,

Posted recently on your 2019 challenge congratulating you on reaching 200 days. I havent relapsed and on 239 days so i guess that makes you on 222 days, well done mate. As you know was dreading Cheltenham last month but told Mrs not to give me money that week and got through it simply by accepting im excluded and couldnt have a bet if i wanted one. Grand national today and can honestly say havent even looked at the runners even though my Mrs had her annual £2 each way flutter.

Think im dealing with the self loathing better and just concentrating on being GF and a better person than i was whilst gambling. Dont have to dread postman coming, or shred bank statements in fear of my wife seeing multiple deposits on gambling sites ive even got out of the habit of clearing browsing history on my laptop to cover my tracks. Another positive is going through finances last few days. I was probably in £20,000 in debt back in August right now thats down to £16000 still a lot of money but progress nevertheless.

Great to hear from you as always and congratulations on your amazing progress Ken. Im slowly starting to feel better about myself ( sometimes think self loathing is all part of the healing process) will start posting again soon maybe.

Stay Strong

AL

Posted : 6th April 2019 12:55 pm
(@anonymous2)

239 days, that's fantastic.

Time to edit your thread title maybe?

And 25% of debt repaid, that's brilliant too.

It's a trying day for many (not me, I never did horses) but it sounds like you've got it sorted. You're doing fantastically well, what a success! And you are inspirational to people like me, I'm sure there are many on here who think likewise.

Posted : 6th April 2019 4:53 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)
Topic starter

Hi Redeemed,

Thanks for taking the trouble to post it means a lot. Just been looking at your profile and see youre on 49 days. 7 weeks gamble free is fantastic for a CG and seeing you progress gives me strength and determination to carry on. Well done and stay strong no doubt we will be speaking soon on chatline and looking forward to watching you progress and finding happiness as you beat this horrible addiction we both have.

One Day At A Time

AL

Posted : 6th April 2019 6:07 pm
holycrosser
(@holycrosser)

alwalm wrote:

Hi Ken,

Posted recently on your 2019 challenge congratulating you on reaching 200 days. I havent relapsed and on 239 days so i guess that makes you on 222 days, well done mate. As you know was dreading Cheltenham last month but told Mrs not to give me money that week and got through it simply by accepting im excluded and couldnt have a bet if i wanted one. Grand national today and can honestly say havent even looked at the runners even though my Mrs had her annual £2 each way flutter.

Think im dealing with the self loathing better and just concentrating on being GF and a better person than i was whilst gambling. Dont have to dread postman coming, or shred bank statements in fear of my wife seeing multiple deposits on gambling sites ive even got out of the habit of clearing browsing history on my laptop to cover my tracks. Another positive is going through finances last few days. I was probably in £20,000 in debt back in August right now thats down to £16000 still a lot of money but progress nevertheless.

Great to hear from you as always and congratulations on your amazing progress Ken. Im slowly starting to feel better about myself ( sometimes think self loathing is all part of the healing process) will start posting again soon maybe.

Stay Strong

AL

Such a similar story to me and similar debt, it’s great to watch it come down.Every day is a battle won, this is never over.stay strong

Posted : 7th April 2019 11:13 am
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)

So happy to see you are still clean and doing so well, not just with not gambling but your own happiness.

It's really made my day reading that.

All my mates went to Aintree on friday, but I just use the excuse that I'm not going to pay £90 to get in - and I don't think anyone can argue with that.

My progress isn't fantastic on the debt front but I'm giving my lad £6k a year at the moment while he's at University so it will be a little easier when he finishes next year.

Everyday is a battle won indeed.

Stay strong.

Ken

Posted : 8th April 2019 2:35 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close